Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Uk Credit Card (Creation Finance) 3 times points (31 May - 31 Jul)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Uk Credit Card (Creation Finance) 3 times points (31 May - 31 Jul)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

I missed this being announced (just tend to skim the marketing emails from Creation).

Between 31 May 2021 and 31 July 2021, you earn 3 times points on all purchases. Points to post 4-6 weeks after 31 July.

The 3 points per £1 (triple) points offer is only available for purchases made on your Marriott credit card between 31 May and 31 July 2021. Points earned will be posted to your Marriott Bonvoy Account 4–6 weeks after the promotion end date of 31 July 2021.

You’ll earn 6 points for each £1 spent on qualifying Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the UK and 12 points for each £1 spent on qualifying participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels abroad. You’ll earn 3 points for each £1 spent on qualifying UK car rentals and 6 points per £1 on car rentals abroad, 3 points per £1 on qualifying UK airlines and 6 points per £1 on airlines abroad, and 3 points per £1 on UK restaurants, 6 points per £1 on restaurants abroad
The _Banking_Scot and tbm13 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I've had this offer, but did wonder if the second paragraph you've quoted means the bonus points are only applicable on those purchase categories - 3 points per £ on UK restaurants is 3 times the normal rate for non-Marriott spend. Why call restaurants out specifically if the triple rate applies to all purchases (groceries, retail, etc.)?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Interesting question - the first paragraph doesn't qualify purchases, but the second could imply that it is only purchases within those specific categories.
tangey likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: Etihad, Krisflyer, BA Executive Club
Not on all cards.

My wife has it. I do not.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
anyone get their bonus points from this promo ?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:27 am
Original Poster

I checked yesterday and have not received my bonus yet. It said 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the promo on July 31, and we are now 7 weeks. Going to give it another week or so before I contact them, but I have had good experience with getting points posted that should have in the past.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:26 am

I don't think they have credited yet. Of course it is Creation who are unpredictable and overall inept so who knows.

Btw having complained recently about how they delayed crediting a payment, thus causing interest to be charged, I have no faith in their complaint handling either.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The email about this promotion came from Bonvoy, not Creation, so I’m not sure how to even chase up the missing bonus points! I guess it’s best to wait another week at least, before trying to work out who to call.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by britbronco22
The email about this promotion came from Bonvoy, not Creation, so I’m not sure how to even chase up the missing bonus points! I guess it’s best to wait another week at least, before trying to work out who to call.
In my case the details of the offer were on a creation statement.
britbronco22 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I was thinking the other day if the points had posted to my account or not... they haven't.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:58 pm

Anyone had their bonus points post yet?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:34 am
Original Poster

I've sent in a message to Creation via the online form on the 4th (so 6 days ago), and have heard nothing. I'll try Marriott this week. I'm not feeling hopeful.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: Some, not all.
I've messagd Marriott, as my email came from them, but suspect I will be told to take it up with Creation. That's assuming know anything about the promo, or that Creation issue a Marriott branded credit card
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by 21H21J
I've messagd Marriott, as my email came from them, but suspect I will be told to take it up with Creation. That's assuming know anything about the promo, or that Creation issue a Marriott branded credit card
I contacted Bonvoy but Twitter DM (I also got the email from Marriott). They told me to contact the credit card company first to get confirmation they have sent the points to Bonvoy.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Originally Posted by britbronco22
I contacted Bonvoy but Twitter DM (I also got the email from Marriott). They told me to contact the credit card company first to get confirmation they have sent the points to Bonvoy.
I strongly suspect those cardholders who have been told their cards are being cancelled in December won't get the bonuses they were expecting. And those being allowed to keep their cards will probably need to put some time in to getting them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.