Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Curacao

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I wonder if it shares ownership with the Renaissance Aruba, which lies to platinums, platinum premiers and lifetime platinums by claiming that franchises don't have to follow Marriott's terms and conditions.
The Courtyard Munich East tried the same line, claiming they were a franchise and so didn't have to follow Marriott's rules. I understand Corporate does not agree.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Cathay G, A3 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Any recent reviews on the Renaissance?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
It has been about 2.5 years since the Marriott Emerald Bay closes. Any news on reopening. I loved that location.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:52 pm

We'll be staying at the Curacao Renaissance over Christmas on an award stay. I'm a Lifetime Platinum Plus with Marriott Rewards (what I think they're calling Platinum Premier Elite now). I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. What is the e-mail address for the concierge? We'd like to find out in advance what options we have to explore the island (tour, etc.) so we can make some plans.

2. Am I correct that breakfast is complimentary?

3. Does anyone have any experience in whether a Platinum Premier Elite can get a complimentary upgrade to a preferred room (e.g., suite or ocean view)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Counsellor; Nov 17, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:38 pm

For the record, this is the e-mail address the Marriott CSR gave me for the Renaissance Hotel in Curacao: <[email protected]>
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:34 am

It has been about 2.5 years since the Marriott Emerald Bay closed. Any news on reopening. I loved that location. We are hoping to go back in Feb. 2020 Someone???
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Counsellor
We'll be staying at the Curacao Renaissance over Christmas on an award stay. I'm a Lifetime Platinum Plus with Marriott Rewards (what I think they're calling Platinum Premier Elite now). I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. What is the e-mail address for the concierge? We'd like to find out in advance what options we have to explore the island (tour, etc.) so we can make some plans.

2. Am I correct that breakfast is complimentary?

3. Does anyone have any experience in whether a Platinum Premier Elite can get a complimentary upgrade to a preferred room (e.g., suite or ocean view)?

Thanks in advance.
We stayed there in the spring, had a great time, staff was awesome, I was MR Plat (now PPE) at the time of our visit.

1) Don't have the concierge, the staff corresponded with me using this address - [email protected]

2) Can't say under the new rules, in the spring they gave us credit for the continental and we had to pay the difference to get full.

3) Size upgrade unlikely, view upgrade likely depending on how full they are.

As for things to do, tours are probably overkill, but day renting a car (there is an agency at the hotel) to explore the Northern part of the island was an excellent way to spend one of the days.
If you are just there for a few days a car isn't needed otherwise.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:38 am

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
For the record, this is the e-mail address the Marriott CSR gave me for the Renaissance Hotel in Curacao: <[email protected]>
Good luck getting a response from that address. You would think it would at least be "[email protected]" or something more professional. My guess is you can find a better email by reviewing Trip Advisor as normally managers can be reached at [email protected].
Counsellor likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Good luck getting a response from that address.
Actually, I got a response reasonably quickly, and the response was thorough. It came from the address <[email protected]> and appears to be the concierge desk or a similar desk in the back office. Obviously, the "info" address was a general one, but someone forwarded my e-mail to the right people, which got me where I wanted to go.

However, your suggestion seems to be a good one in general, if you have (or can find) the name of a person.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman
It has been about 2.5 years since the Marriott Emerald Bay closed. Any news on reopening. I loved that location. We are hoping to go back in Feb. 2020 Someone???
I'm on Curacao now, and asked around The word is that they expect the renovations to be complete in mid-2019, with a hard opening by year-end. No guarantees on the schedule, though. It will remain a Marriott property, I'm told.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:05 am

I'm on Curacao now, and asked around The word is that they expect the renovations to be complete in mid-2019, with a hard opening by year-end. No guarantees on the schedule, though. It will remain a Marriott property, I'm told.
Thank you very much for the update.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:04 am

Just noted they are looking for a GM. https://about.aimbridgehospitality.c...anager-resorts
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:01 am

I'm able to book the Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort. Anyone have any opinions on this location, things to do, see, etc?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Firebird2k6
I'm able to book the Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort. Anyone have any opinions on this location, things to do, see, etc?
Also interested in the answers to these questions. I also wonder how they are going to handle Platinum lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.