Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Open?

I was just told by Marriott reservation agent that this hotel is already open. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
since there are NO rates available until 17 August (when I start a 4-nighter) I kinda doubt it...........

Originally Posted by adpal
I was just told by Marriott reservation agent that this hotel is already open. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:36 pm
Suspended

did you ever get a response to this question on whether this prop is open already????????

Originally Posted by adpal
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
did you ever get a response to this question on whether this prop is open already????????
No, I am just playing the waiting game. I have booked the Hilton just in case this becomes a reality.

Cheers!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I was hoping to stay here right now for 2 nights...........but the rate was outrageous........well, more than what the company was agreeing to acceptable, so i'm down the street a little bit at the Courtyard. Missing the Renaissance though.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:25 am

another confirmation of delay in opening

Hi,

Just wrote again to the Customer care of Marriott and received the following:

"Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

The Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel is scheduled to open November of 2012.

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."

I wonder when will they inform me since I currently do hold a confirmed reservation.

Cheers!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:32 am
Suspended

and yet the August opening date is no longer part of this hotels website and they moved the first booking date from 17 August to 06 August................ something very strange here, VERY strange !!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just wrote again to the Customer care of Marriott and received the following:

"Thank you for contacting Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

The Renaissance Istanbul Bosphorus Hotel is scheduled to open November of 2012.

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."

I wonder when will they inform me since I currently do hold a confirmed reservation.

Cheers!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
and yet the August opening date is no longer part of this hotels website and they moved the first booking date from 17 August to 06 August................ something very strange here, VERY strange !!!!!!!!!!!
They've got weekend promos for the weekend of August 10th.

Just curious - if someone's got Skype, they could always call the hotel's phone # & see a) if they answer; b) when they say they'll be opening, and report back.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
hmmmmmmmmm............so, had dinner next door last night. Hotel was open.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:25 am
Suspended

if you go by the place again, mind getting a direct e-mail contact for the GM and/or Duty mgr

Originally Posted by CALMSP
............so, had dinner next door last night. Hotel was open
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:49 am

if you go by the place again, mind getting a direct e-mail contact for the GM and/or Duty mgr
just flew IST-MUC this morning, so wont be back for a while. Sorry. However, my client lives across the street from the hotel. I will ask her to get a contact and advise back.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:54 am
Suspended

THXs
and if you're still in MUC next month enjoy Octoberfest........

Originally Posted by CALMSP
just flew IST-MUC this morning, so wont be back for a while. Sorry. However, my client lives across the street from the hotel. I will ask her to get a contact and advise back.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:00 am

THXs
and if you're still in MUC next month enjoy Octoberfest........
layover to ORD..........sitting in the lounge right now. But yes, coming back!!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:59 am

Hotel is indeed open

Hi,

Just called the hotel and it is confirmed that indeed it is open already.
Also as stated on their website, the Exec lounge will only be open from Sept. Was told by someone from the hotel reservation department that eligible members/guests will get a voucher of 100 TL (approx 50 Euro) to use at the lobby restaurant and bar.

Breakfast will be provided complimentary. However I did not quite understand about the usual available snacks and hors d'oeuvres. I believe it is not complimentary, but it did sound like that when I spoke to the agent.

The pool will only open in Nov (stated on the website too)

I still have a few more days to decide if I want to stay here with still so many facilities not available or continue with my Hilton reservation.

If I do continue with my reservation for this property, will post some photos.

Cheers!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update.

Sounds like the 100TL is to make up for appetizers/drinks not being available in the executive lounge, since the lounge won't open until September. And breakfast in the restaurant to make up for no lounge as well.

I'll update the sticky.

If someone stays at the property from September onwards, perhaps they can do a report on the exec lounge at that time.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.