Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
LOL, of course. But if it is a widespread belief then I would hate to ask a question like "do you have a fan that I can use while I sleep"--if that might cause someone to fear that it might kill me, after all.

Anyhow, the Courtyard has outdone itself already, with a manager following up to ensure that they will allow our thermostat to be set as low as 18°C with the air constantly on, even if the heat is on in the rest of the hotel, and mentioning that we will have separate controls for living room and the bedroom, which is even better. So, no fan death required
The Botanic Park CY has outstanding staff and quality. Much better than a lot of the higher end Marriotts too.

Fan death is truly real to some Koreans. They won't sleep with any air on during summer nights and I don't know how they do it.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
The Courtyard Botanic Park is indeed a really good property. And if you're Plat/Titanium, and you can score a suite, those are even better digs. I have a review up on TA about it: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ark-Seoul.html

A bit sad to hear that the aircon situation at the Sheraton wouldn't work out, but I do understand...
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Recommendation and POC JW Myeongdong

Hello Flyers, we are a family of six (wife and I, plus our four children aged 14, 13, 7, and 6 at the time of travel) and would prefer not to separate the family due to their young ages. For those with experience at this hotel or with accommodations in Korea in general, would booking for three people and then discussing the situation with the hotel to potentially pay an additional fee pose any issues? We've contacted the Conrad Seoul for advice since we also looking to stay couple nights at the conrad and they’re ok, but unfortunately, we can't find an email contact for this particular JW. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide their email or offer insights into my query/concern/ or hotel suggestions.

time of travel end of June if it matters
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by rice4u
Hello Flyers, we are a family of six (wife and I, plus our four children aged 14, 13, 7, and 6 at the time of travel) and would prefer not to separate the family due to their young ages. For those with experience at this hotel or with accommodations in Korea in general, would booking for three people and then discussing the situation with the hotel to potentially pay an additional fee pose any issues? We've contacted the Conrad Seoul for advice since we also looking to stay couple nights at the conrad and they’re ok, but unfortunately, we can't find an email contact for this particular JW. I would appreciate it if anyone could provide their email or offer insights into my query/concern/ or hotel suggestions.

Did you manage to get this resolved? PM me if you need a contact.

FYI I stayed at both Conrad Seoul and JW Dongdaemun in Nov 2023. Definitely prefer JW over Conrad for various reasons!
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rice4u

There's no JW Marriott in Myeongdong. It'd be either JW Marriott Seoul (Banpo) or JW Marriott Dongdaemun Seoul.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
The Courtyard Botanic Park is indeed a really good property. And if you're Plat/Titanium, and you can score a suite, those are even better digs. I have a review up on TA about it: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ark-Seoul.html

A bit sad to hear that the aircon situation at the Sheraton wouldn't work out, but I do understand...
The Courtyard came through

7 a.m. Your24 check-in was confirmed 3 days in advance. I replied to the property's welcome email asking for a crib to be placed in the suite. (I went ahead and booked the Park Suite, the price was very reasonable.)

We took a redeye from Chiang Mai to ICN that arrived at 4:20 a.m. By the time we went through immigration, got our baggage, had a little breakfast, changed into winter clothes, and hit the ATM, we made the first Airport Express train and arrived at the hotel around 6 a.m. I watched as the check-in agent told some poor guy in front of me (who I believe was on the same train) to come back and try checking in after 11. Then I walked up and asked to check in, and the check-in agent, after opening my passport page, had a reaction along the lines of "oh, you're the one" (in a good way). He excitedly informed us that our suite was ready (I frankly expected to have to wait until 7), offered a choice of Ambassador gifts (I took a bottle of Australian white wine), said that breakfast for all 3 of us was included as well as bonus points, and gave us a coffee pass that permitted us to get coffee, iced coffee, or tea (to go), any time we wanted from the Garden Kitchen.

Best of all, the crib was already in the suite along with some sort of air purifier / fan device and a nice welcome amenity of San Pellegrino and snacks. The thermostats were both proactively set to 18°C and it was 19 in the bedroom and 21 in the living room (doesn't get colder than that but there is air flow, which is great). Bathroom is beautiful, room is quiet, location is excellent.
Aventine and hayashir like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

7 a.m. Your24 check-in was confirmed 3 days in advance. I replied to the property's welcome email asking for a crib to be placed in the suite. (I went ahead and booked the Park Suite, the price was very reasonable.)

We took a redeye from Chiang Mai to ICN that arrived at 4:20 a.m. By the time we went through immigration, got our baggage, had a little breakfast, changed into winter clothes, and hit the ATM, we made the first Airport Express train and arrived at the hotel around 6 a.m. I watched as the check-in agent told some poor guy in front of me (who I believe was on the same train) to come back and try checking in after 11. Then I walked up and asked to check in, and the check-in agent, after opening my passport page, had a reaction along the lines of "oh, you're the one" (in a good way). He excitedly informed us that our suite was ready (I frankly expected to have to wait until 7), offered a choice of Ambassador gifts (I took a bottle of Australian white wine), said that breakfast for all 3 of us was included as well as bonus points, and gave us a coffee pass that permitted us to get coffee, iced coffee, or tea (to go), any time we wanted from the Garden Kitchen.

Best of all, the crib was already in the suite along with some sort of air purifier / fan device and a nice welcome amenity of San Pellegrino and snacks. The thermostats were both proactively set to 18°C and it was 19 in the bedroom and 21 in the living room (doesn't get colder than that but there is air flow, which is great). Bathroom is beautiful, room is quiet, location is excellent.
It's a wonderful property with a solid management team.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:28 pm

Glad you're digging it. Don't forget the LG Tromm Styler in the room. In my experience, it's worth a try, definitely more useful than just a gimmick!

As my TA review mentioned, there should still be a noodle place ("길동우동") just next door to the right of the Natuur ice cream cafe nearby. It has a touchscreen ordering system, which includes English. Walk in, tap in your order, pay by credit card, and pick up your noodle soup at the counter 5 minutes later. No need to talk to anybody. And the 'Nata O Bica' Portuguese tart shop (next to the Quizno's) is also pretty convenient, if it's still there!

A 15-minute metro ride to Hongdae is really convenient too. :-)
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Glad you're digging it. Don't forget the LG Tromm Styler in the room. In my experience, it's worth a try, definitely more useful than just a gimmick!

As my TA review mentioned, there should still be a noodle place ("길동우동") just next door to the right of the Natuur ice cream cafe nearby. It has a touchscreen ordering system, which includes English. Walk in, tap in your order, pay by credit card, and pick up your noodle soup at the counter 5 minutes later. No need to talk to anybody. And the 'Nata O Bica' Portuguese tart shop (next to the Quizno's) is also pretty convenient, if it's still there!

A 15-minute metro ride to Hongdae is really convenient too. :-)
hah, the clothing machine (whatever it is) was the first thing my wife noticed, and she has put it to good use (whatever it does, she likes it)

Food-wise, the first thing we wanted was tteokbokki, so we went to 신전떡볶이 which is right by the Quizno's. We got one of the set menus which comfortably fed the three of us for $9 US and hit the spot (I can read hangul enough to get around, thankfully it's pretty much phonetic). Google's translate app works okay as a supplement, too.

Then for dinner I wanted duruchigi (hard to find in the states, non-existent where we live in Maine) so we went to 예향정 (upstairs in the same plaza but on the inside of it). Set menu for two there was 28k KRW (about $21) including a big plate of duruchigi, a stew, rice, and a few banchan, and it comfortably fed the three of us, with unlimited self-serve lettuces/herbs to make your rice wraps (ssambap). The whole neighborhood has a fun "local" vibe and it was cool to be the only Americans everywhere we've been (outside the hotel, that is) so far. Everyone has been impressed by my 2-year-old's 안녕하세요 and 감사합니다, lol.

For others reading this thread, even if you know zero Korean, check out restaurants on map.naver.com (the titles of the restaurants will come up in English/Roman script, and you can see pictures and see where they are and local reviews/ratings). You can copy-paste the restaurant names into map.naver.com in Korean, or just type in your neighborhood plus "맛집" (restaurant), so for the area around the Courtyard, I typed in "마곡나루 맛집" right into the search box and it worked great to get an idea of what's where.

I've been to Hongdae before, so skipping that this trip! Checking out the botanic garden this afternoon after I get some more work done, while the wife and kid are out shopping.
cmhsieh54 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hah, the clothing machine (whatever it is) was the first thing my wife noticed, and she has put it to good use (whatever it does, she likes it)

Food-wise, the first thing we wanted was tteokbokki, so we went to 신전떡볶이 which is right by the Quizno's. We got one of the set menus which comfortably fed the three of us for $9 US and hit the spot (I can read hangul enough to get around, thankfully it's pretty much phonetic). Google's translate app works okay as a supplement, too.

Then for dinner I wanted duruchigi (hard to find in the states, non-existent where we live in Maine) so we went to 예향정 (upstairs in the same plaza but on the inside of it). Set menu for two there was 28k KRW (about $21) including a big plate of duruchigi, a stew, rice, and a few banchan, and it comfortably fed the three of us, with unlimited self-serve lettuces/herbs to make your rice wraps (ssambap). The whole neighborhood has a fun "local" vibe and it was cool to be the only Americans everywhere we've been (outside the hotel, that is) so far. Everyone has been impressed by my 2-year-old's 안녕하세요 and 감사합니다, lol.

For others reading this thread, even if you know zero Korean, check out restaurants on map.naver.com (the titles of the restaurants will come up in English/Roman script, and you can see pictures and see where they are and local reviews/ratings). You can copy-paste the restaurant names into map.naver.com in Korean, or just type in your neighborhood plus "맛집" (restaurant), so for the area around the Courtyard, I typed in "마곡나루 맛집" right into the search box and it worked great to get an idea of what's where.

I've been to Hongdae before, so skipping that this trip! Checking out the botanic garden this afternoon after I get some more work done, while the wife and kid are out shopping.
Wow. It's rare to find a tourist foreigner that wants 두루치기. It's a Daejeon/Chungcheongdo regional specialty.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:20 pm

I've lived here in Korea for a good decade now, and I won't touch tteok with a 10-foot pole. That stuff is pointless to me. :-D
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
I've lived here in Korea for a good decade now, and I won't touch tteok with a 10-foot pole. That stuff is pointless to me. :-D
Any reason why? It’s delicious!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

had a reaction along the lines of "oh, you're the one" (in a good way)”
LOL, and it’s back to the future! That’s how Elites used to be recognized at the good chains like Starwood! Glad to hear that a Courtyard in Seoul does this in 2024!

It reinforces the loyalty factor!

I wish that the recognition at the MESM Tokyo was the same, and while I am not Ambassador, I am Lifetime Titanium.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:18 am

Thank you for the food recommendation. I read that the executive lounge at the Courtyard Marriott Seoul Botanic Park is now closed. As a platinum, I assume breakfast is still included?
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by aliquen
Thank you for the food recommendation. I read that the executive lounge at the Courtyard Marriott Seoul Botanic Park is now closed. As a platinum, I assume breakfast is still included?
I think it has to be included for Platinum. I just booked 2 nights here on points and debating if I should use a SNA...haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.