Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel - Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel - Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by enfuego
Bump. I'm also debating a 5 night stay here or at the Hyatt Centric over New Year's Eve. I'm only a Gold so no free breakfast (whereas as a Globalist, I'd enjoy that at the Centric). I stayed at the Santo Mauro 20 years ago and loved it but am worried it might be a bit remote for a touristic trip to Madrid.
May want to consider Hyatt Regency if you're comfortable with this location. (And you should be.)
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Since no email was listed on their website I contacted Marriott membership to inquire about the breakfast, couple days later I got a response from hotel that they do provide continental breakfast for Plat and above. Responded to them to link multiple bookings into one and never heard back since.

Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Since no email was listed on their website I contacted Marriott membership to inquire about the breakfast, couple days later I got a response from hotel that they do provide continental breakfast for Plat and above. Responded to them to link multiple bookings into one and never heard back since.
Perhaps it is time to shift reservations to the HR. Or test their services in January and report back here to FT.

David
Old Nov 13, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Looks like the same choice of Continental breakfasts we experienced in 2018. We thought they were excellent and never felt the need to upgrade. Also, the room it’s served in is gorgeous.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Hotel upgraded to The Luxury Collection

Noticed a duplicate reservation for our stay in Jan 2022, and saw Hotel Santo Mauro has been changed to The Luxury Collection. It’s also a Cat 8 property now versus Cat 7 when it is Autograph Collection.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
The hotel has just reopened following a 7 million Euro renovation. Aspiration is to be the most luxurious - and expensive - hotel in Madrid. I no longer see any award availability.
https://today.in-24.com/News/664241.html
spainlover likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by enfuego
The hotel has just reopened following a 7 million Euro renovation. Aspiration is to be the most luxurious - and expensive - hotel in Madrid. I no longer see any award availability.
https://today.in-24.com/News/664241.html
I just booked 5 nights for early October.

Has anyone stayed there recently? If so it would be great to hear what you thought.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sbedelman
I just booked 5 nights for early October.

Has anyone stayed there recently? If so it would be great to hear what you thought.
How did you like your stay?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
There were plans to add an indoor pool. Did that ever happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.