Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

This property is due to open in September 2012, so another property for Barcelona. It's a Cat 5 property.

The property website says there's free wifi throughout the hotel.

Here's the property description from the website:

"Framed in one of Catalonia's busiest trade fair areas, the Hotel Catalonia Fira surprises us all with its originality and design. It is made up of two 110 metre towers joined by a spectacular panoramic restaurant and a terrace-vantage point. Its 27 floors blend into a surprisingly visual vertical garden where palm trees and natural vegetation turn into architectural elements that make the hotel a genuine natural oasis.Black and white play an important role on the various building façades. This two-toned chromatic effect is also maintained in the 357 bedrooms. The hotel has 11 module-based meeting rooms on one floor, 140 car parking places, a panoramic restaurant, two bars, one on the terrace vantage point, and a fitness area with an acclimatized indoor pool, a solarium and an outdoor pool"

Hopefully someone can provide a 'trip report' after it opens.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I was on the property's website again & noticed in the guest room section, they offer "all black" or "all white" rooms in terms of decor.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
don't think so.............

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This property is due to open in September 2012, so another property for Barcelona. It's a Cat 5 property.
Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
don't think so.............
Yeah doesn't seem that way - anyone have ideas when this will actually open? Looks very interesting!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:39 pm
Suspended

I had res from 15-19 Sept and now poof, gone, and naturally WITHOUT any notice from Marriott or the prop............

Your hotel: Hotel Catalonia Fira, Autograph Collection®
Check-in: Saturday, September 15, 2012 (03:00 PM)
Check-out: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 (12:00 PM

last response from the prop owners on 8 Aug was
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest.
Our hotel is meant to open end August 2012. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you may request or go into www.marriott.com
Yorus sincerely,
Hotel Catalonia Fira

however my request yesterday for an update has gone unanswered......

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Yeah doesn't seem that way - anyone have ideas when this will actually open? Looks very interesting!

Last edited by BKKLEE; Aug 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:58 am
Suspended

Sorry to hear, wow, more Marriott affiliated properties in BCN and this one is only 15 mins walk from the AC Som.

No wonder that the BCN airport Renaissance is leaving the fold.

The city and Spain appear really to be undergoing a crisis.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:55 am
Original Poster

I had res from 15-19 Sept and now poof, gone, and naturally WITHOUT any notice from Marriott or the prop............

Your hotel: Hotel Catalonia Fira, Autograph Collection®
Check-in: Saturday, September 15, 2012 (03:00 PM)
Check-out: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 (12:00 PM

last response from the prop owners on 8 Aug was
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest.
Our hotel is meant to open end August 2012. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you may request or go into www.marriott.com
Yorus sincerely,
Hotel Catalonia Fira

however my request yesterday for an update has gone unanswered......
When I started the thread the hotel website said September so I posted that, and I figured your email from the hotel which you had posted in a dif thread meant it would happen.

I'd be po'd if I were you that your ressie disappeared with no pro-active notice from either the property or Marriott!

Let us know what they say when you hear back.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:05 am
Suspended

Will do..........

At least last year when I had ressies at the Shanghai Centre they contacted me prior to arrival and advised that they were "moving" me over to the JW and also would be pickin' up the tab (similar to what the Park Hyatt Sydney did earlier this year), but with this prop absolutely no notice at all from anyone.......

It would be easy to opt for a nearby prop, like the AC Som, except that the reason I was going was that a client was interested in adding this prop to his inventory so I was making a prelim investigation of the prop to determine its value in this very depressed RE market, but now............

When I started the thread the hotel website said September so I posted that, and I figured your email from the hotel which you had posted in a dif thread meant it would happen.

I'd be po'd if I were you that your ressie disappeared with no pro-active notice from either the property or Marriott!

Let us know what they say when you hear back.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Will do..........

At least last year when I had ressies at the Shanghai Centre they contacted me prior to arrival and advised that they were "moving" me over to the JW and also would be pickin' up the tab (similar to what the Park Hyatt Sydney did earlier this year), but with this prop absolutely no notice at all from anyone.......
I remember you mentioning that! I'll be interested to see what this property does. Maybe put you up at the downtown Ren?

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:20 am
Suspended

wouldn't do me much good going if the prop isn't open yet for a stay and/or I can't get in to inspect the prop and talk with the staff......... I already know the area as client already has 2 props in Barcellona now.........

I remember you mentioning that! I'll be interested to see what this property does. Maybe put you up at the downtown Ren?

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Well let us know what they say when you do hear back from them. Good luck!

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Latest news is that the hotel will be opening in 2 weeks as a Renaissance.

Bruce
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Latest news is that the hotel will be opening in 2 weeks as a Renaissance.

Bruce
Guess we'll have to change the thread title to "Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel" at some point.

Marriott reservations line said they don't have an opening date for it in the system. I tried doing a booking for November as I might be in Barcelona then, but no luck.

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:21 pm
Suspended

bookable now starting 17 September..........

Guess we'll have to change the thread title to "Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel" at some point.

Marriott reservations line said they don't have an opening date for it in the system. I tried doing a booking for November as I might be in Barcelona then, but no luck.

Cheers.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Guess we'll have to change the thread title to "Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel" at some point....
Seems like that point has arrived.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.