Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton St. Louis [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2002, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

First of all, I am just happy to have an opportunity to stay 2nts in a Ritz-Carlton. Never had the pleasure until now. I see, however, that this is a 4-Star Property, not quite top notch by AAA standards. Wondering if anyone out there can offer opinions of this property. Staying there Sun/Mon of next week. Also my first time visiting STL. Thanks in advance for any replies...

AtlMan
Old May 6, 2002, 9:02 pm

I stayed there last year when we went to vist my brother and his family for my nephews high school graduation.

It's a very nice, 5-star property, though it's actually in Clayton, which is about 15-20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. I have no problem recommending the property.

Mrs LIH Prem thinks it's the nicest hotel we ever stayed at, and we've stayed at some very nice hotels, so that's a good recomendation.

If you want to stay closer to downtown, you might also consider the Hyatt or the new Westin.

-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited 05-06-2002).]
Old May 6, 2002, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, David, for the quick response. Seems that the location is convenient to the various meetings we'll be having around town on Monday and Tuesday. Think that property was selected for the location and also because we got an incredibly good rate. Looking forward to it. Again, thanks a million!

AtlMan
Old May 7, 2002, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AtlMan:
First of all, I am just happy to have an opportunity to stay 2nts in a Ritz-Carlton. Never had the pleasure until now. I see, however, that this is a 4-Star Property, not quite top notch by AAA standards. Wondering if anyone out there can offer opinions of this property. Staying there Sun/Mon of next week. Also my first time visiting STL. Thanks in advance for any replies...

AtlMan
</font>
Matter of fact I'm sitting my room at the STL RZ right now...staff is typical RZ (Terrific)...hotel is typical RZ (Terrific)...I think you'll have a terrific time

Old May 7, 2002, 11:57 am

I have been staffed in STL for work since October and have stayed at that property frequently. The staff is great and I have enjoyed all of my stays. I like the Grill restaurant there very much--the thai lobster bisque is ~amazing.~ I have tried many other STL hotels, and have found this one to be the most consistant in quality. Some of my colleagues have claimed that this hotel's quality is not as high as other RCs, but I have been quite happy with all of my stays there.

[This message has been edited by Endor (edited 05-07-2002).]
Old May 7, 2002, 9:43 pm

I must disagree with the other posts. The St. Louis Ritz is overpriced and is an embarassment to the chain. If on an expense account then who cares, but for personal visits staying downtown is more appealing. Specifically, the rooms have no view, and the service is mediocre. The Crossing a restaurant up the street by far has better food and service. In my opinion I would avoid the Ritz stay at a Hotel downtown or choose to stay at the Sheraton around the corner and save $200.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Saint Louis Ritz-Carlton Review

St Louis Ritz-Carlton report:

Sorry to revive a very old thread, but I wanted to give a current review for the St Louis Ritz Carlton.

The hotel is actually in Clayton, Missouri (a really nice suburb), which is about 8 miles west of downtown, just off I-64 exit 31. The Metrolink blue line stop is about 2 blocks away(which connects directly to downtown and connects to the STL airport.) If driving, it would be about 10 minutes from either downtown or the airport to the hotel.

The hotel offers self or valet parking ($22/night for either one) and is an 18 story building, in a neighborhood of upscale condos and restaurants.

The lobby is really pretty - lots of dark wood.

Wife and I stayed in a club room - definitely worth the upgrade if you like to eat/drink. Rooms are over 500 square feet and well appointed, with a small balcony. One side of the hotel has a view of downtown (in the distance), and the other side is a pretty view to the west.

The gym is on the 3rd floor and had a weight room, an indoor pool, a cardio room, changing/locker rooms, and a full service spa.

Service was outstanding. We had a nice chat with the GM in the lounge.

Keep in mind that this is not a downtown hotel, but it is convenient if you have a car, and the University is nearby.

We had a great time for a romantic getaway, and have already booked a future stay.

Last edited by nachosdelux; Aug 6, 2013 at 3:42 pm
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updated trip report!

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've stayed here and thought it was good for the price but not up to normal city RC standards, including service. (For example, my room wasn't cleaned at all one day, despite a couple reminder phone calls and turndown happened one night out of three or four.) Also, it's not really in downtown Clayton, so you don't have the advantage of lots of restaurants within a short walk as you do from most of the other Clayton hotels.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
While I have never actually stayed at this property (seeing as I am from there and my parents still live there), we frequently visit this property on a Friday/Saturday night because they have live bands in the bar and a dance floor. Great place to grab a few drinks & listen to some really great bands.

Last edited by ssafro1; Aug 12, 2013 at 7:51 am
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update on the bands/dance floor.

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Can we bump this thread and perhaps make this the Master Thread?

Anyone had a recent stay here to share your thoughts? Anyone who has stayed here and the Four Seasons St Louis, please do share your thoughts, as well. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Anyone with recent experiences at this hotel? The reviews seem pretty good and hoping to plan a trip involving STL this summer. Mostly concerned about the ease of parking and the security of the garage.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:24 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by hi55us
Anyone with recent experiences at this hotel? The reviews seem pretty good and hoping to plan a trip involving STL this summer. Mostly concerned about the ease of parking and the security of the garage.
I haven't stayed there but I live nearby. It is in the suburb of Clayton, has it's own garage and is in a very expensive part of town. You shouldn't have any problems. In fact a new high end Italian restaurant from Italy called Casa Don Alfonso is scheduled to open this month. If you are looking for something not quite as high end there is a newly remodeled Le Meridien in Clayton that might work for you. The Le Meridien St Louis Clayton although I think the Ritz is clearly the nicest place in town.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by abk
I think the Ritz is clearly the nicest place in town.
Do you mean in Clayton? Or in all of St Louis. I walked by the Four Seasons by the Gateway Arch last time I was there, and though I didn't go inside, it looked a lot nicer and a lot newer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.