Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Have seen Aloft room rates as high as RM600++ during busy periods, bordeline sold out which was an eye opener. Le Meridian rates went up to RM900++ during that same week.

A few days before my trip, both hotels were sold out. Must have been a convention on at the time or just a lot of people passing through that week.

Ascott also sold out.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
http://www.aloftkualalumpursentral.com/footmap is a map on how to reach the Aloft from KL Sentral, maximum 5 minutes indoors walking (but not air conditioned if that matters).

As plat, upgraded to Urban room on the 29th floor and got breakfast. The room is a Aloft style room and quite spacious, perhaps I could say the best I have seen among Alofts I stayed in. The pool is very nice on the 30th and the Mai Bar next to it serves adequate food at a nice price (after plat discount about RM15~25 per plate).
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: Various
Staying at the property right now. I chose this hotel because of its location next to KL Sentral but that wasn't really necessary. There's a mall next door I don't remember from my last visit to KL(in 2013) so I don't have to move outdoors if I don't want to but it's also easy to take various trains to other places around KL.

I'm happy with my stay so far. The room is good enough and everything looks well maintained(on the surface at least).

There's some construction next to the rooftop pool but the pool itself is still open. The breakfast was absolutely fine for what I needed. Obviously there's no pork available but I found hot and cold Western and Asian dishes to satisfy me.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Nu Sentral (the mall) opened a few years ago and my not have been open last time you visited. It seems to have more outlets now than when it first opened and is pleasant enough, but IMHO not as appealing as Mid Valley (a one stop KTM trip but trains only run every 30-45 minutes) which has an amazing choice of restaurant) or the higher end mall at Bukit Bintag (also a few monorail stops). It is very convenient and seems less crowded overall (although it is the connection from the monorail to the train station so that path gets a bit crowded)
There's an interesting exhibit in the upper level of the train station (on the way to the Hilton or LM) of a high speed train that the Chinese ?hope to build that would make it a 1 or 2 hour trip to Singapore
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:56 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
hi all,

i booked 5 rooms for the new year 2019. any idea if my gold membership (SPG) is worth anything at this hotel? (e.g upgrades or breakfast)

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by xar
hi all,

i booked 5 rooms for the new year 2019. any idea if my gold membership (SPG) is worth anything at this hotel? (e.g upgrades or breakfast)

Thanks!
You'll get 2pm late checkout for your room based on availability.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hard to keep one
Due to the change to Marriott, the hotel has revised the platinum benefit to breakfast OR points.

Also parking for guests is no longer RM6 per day but RM5 per entry
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:55 am
xar

Originally Posted by EngOnAPlane
Due to the change to Marriott, the hotel has revised the platinum benefit to breakfast OR points.

Also parking for guests is no longer RM6 per day but RM5 per entry
Any upgrade for Plat Premier members?
I think there is no lounge there hence any compensation?

Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Hard to keep one
Originally Posted by xar
Any upgrade for Plat Premier members?
I think there is no lounge there hence any compensation?

Thanks.
No lounge. Plats (and I guess) plat premiers get the usual "Urban Room" upgrade - which is just free minibar.
There are only 2 suites in the whole hotel, and I have only been upgraded to those twice without SNA - had to ask for it and on a 1-nighter. I think i have done 20-30 nights in this property easily in the past 2 years.

Edit: Might not mean anything but the AV interfaces have not worked for me even once in all the times I tried.

Last edited by EngOnAPlane; Dec 13, 2018 at 3:15 am Reason: more info
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:00 am
xar

thanks for the DP.

I'lll be at Aloft for a year end holiday trip with my extended family (5 rooms)
Will update again on the experience and the rooms they eventually assigned me.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:13 am
xar

Update.
Checked in with 5 rooms, they upgraded all 5 to the "urban room" category and placed us on the same floor.
Realised that 3 out of 5 rooms only had breakfast and the property was flexible enough for me to use my 'welcome breakfast gift' to cover for the remaining 2 rooms.
GM wrote me a handwritten card which i thought had a very nice personal touch.

Spoke to the FDA who informed me that Aloft does not participate in SNAs hence it was not possible to use them here or get upgraded into suites.
No 'compensation' for the lack of a lounge too.

Overall, a great stay!
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
In the middle of a stay. Edit: Checked out

Breakfast spread is extensive and the food is good.

Welcome gift now revised to choice of either:
USB pen drive

No more vacuum seal bottle aloft branded water bottle.

Also no free happy hour at rooftop bar.

The chain for the blinds was broken and we could hear the music from the bar from our 29th floor room. Office chair was really dirty.

50 MYR per extra person over 2 is excessive... they noted this fee when I checked in, I agreed to it, then they didn't charge me on checkout so I better stop complaining.

Last edited by SoroSuub1; Oct 31, 2019 at 7:51 am
Old Apr 10, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Apparently in 2022 this hotel was charging guests for tiny stains on bedsheets at check out time (or shortly thereafter).
Article from loyalty lobby

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/06/...-kuala-lumpur/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.