Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays, UK [Master Thread]

AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays, UK [Master Thread]

Old May 22, 16, 12:43 pm
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 68,285
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays, UK [Master Thread]

New hotel. Category 5.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...salford-quays/

"AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays occupies a coveted spot in the heart of the vibrant Salford Quays district. The innovation of MediaCityUK, the sporting history of Old Trafford and the diverse cultural offering of The Lowry Theatre are all a walk away....Overlooking Salford Quays and within a short distance of Manchester city centre, AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays combines a unique waterside spot and convenient hub, 2 miles from Manchester Piccadilly train station and 8 miles from Manchester Airport."

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:29 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: Altitude Elite 75K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 210
Has anyone recently stayed here - compared to the other Marriott properties in Manchester, this hotel appears to be the newest and might be my best option? I very much need a gym, while travelling and hopefully breakfast is included for Plat members.
qrctraveller is offline  
Old Sep 25, 18, 4:41 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Posts: 13,554
Originally Posted by qrctraveller68 View Post
Has anyone recently stayed here - compared to the other Marriott properties in Manchester, this hotel appears to be the newest and might be my best option? I very much need a gym, while travelling and hopefully breakfast is included for Plat members.
A subsidy towards breakfast, or points, your choice.
Points Scrounger is offline  
Old Sep 25, 18, 7:43 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: Altitude Elite 75K, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 210
Thanks a lot for letting me know this information. I also noticed that there is an on-site 24 hour gym, which is an advantage compared to the other Marriott city center properties, where there gyms aren't located onsite.
qrctraveller is offline  
Old Sep 25, 18, 7:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 218
I stayed here in May, I thought it was quite nice.
breakfast was provided free for Platinum at that time, not sure how they are handling it post merger.
shevboyz is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 10:10 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Posts: 895
I'll be staying here this weekend so will report back on anything noteworthy. I did notice on the website that car parking is £8 which seems a bit steep to me.
There is a Tesco Metro (small supermarket) a block away which will be handy. There is a tram stop across the road too.
MaxFlyer is online now  
Old Mar 28, 20, 8:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Accor Platinum, SPG Platinum
Posts: 910
Do FTers think that this hotel is much better than the Renaissance and Marriott V&A in the city centre? I stayed here last year and thought the rooms were nice and modern and breakfast was included for Plats in the restaurant. I also got an early check in around 9 am. The tram only takes about 10 mins into the city centre but I was just wondering if others think the city centre hotels are worth a try? Do any hotels in Manchester have Executive lounges? For my dates, Ren and VR are about 20 - 25 pounds per night more. Thanks.
yorkboy24 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 20, 8:31 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,128
I've stayed at the Renaissance although a few years ago now. The hotel very central to the shops/restaurants and i had an enjoyable stay there.

From the pinned thread, it looks like it is only the airport hotel that has a lounge.
nequine is offline  
Old Mar 29, 20, 9:34 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,446
Originally Posted by yorkboy24 View Post
Do FTers think that this hotel is much better than the Renaissance and Marriott V&A in the city centre? I stayed here last year and thought the rooms were nice and modern and breakfast was included for Plats in the restaurant. I also got an early check in around 9 am. The tram only takes about 10 mins into the city centre but I was just wondering if others think the city centre hotels are worth a try? Do any hotels in Manchester have Executive lounges? For my dates, Ren and VR are about 20 - 25 pounds per night more. Thanks.
I work a few minutes walk away from the AC and it is an easy enough hop on the tram to the city centre (although probably 15 mins to the Piccadilly / Market Street). It is also a pleasant walk in to Manchester along the river in the summer months. Not a lot in the immediate area to the AC compared to the city centre itself.

The Renaissance is rather tired from past experience of it, but the location is good. The V&A location is on the edge of the city centre, but it is a solid enough hotel. The city centre hotels are worth a try (V&A has been our usual hotel of choice when staying over), but none of the properties are exceptional or stand out. It's very much a case of weighing up price and location needs from my experience.
yorkboy24 likes this.
RAPC is offline  
Old Mar 29, 20, 12:00 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Posts: 895
Iíve stayed at the AC Salford Quays a few times and itís a good hotel but I prefer the Hotel Football further down the road (also close to a tram stop I believe). It has more character and unique. Staff at both are good.
MaxFlyer is online now  
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:03 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,446
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer View Post
Iíve stayed at the AC Salford Quays a few times and itís a good hotel but I prefer the Hotel Football further down the road (also close to a tram stop I believe). It has more character and unique. Staff at both are good.
It is a little walk to Pomona tram stop, which is a little quirky to navigate unless you know it. The new Trafford Centre line is due to open soon, at which point Wharfside will be the nearest station, 2 mins walk from Hotel Football.
RAPC is offline  
Old Mar 29, 20, 3:52 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: BA Exec Club, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 10
There's certainly no lounge at the V&A or the AC Salford Quays.
There's also a new AC in the City Centre itself, about 5 or 10 minutes walk away from the Renaissance. (Neither of which I have stayed at).
The V&A is generally my hotel of choice in Manchester and is a class above certainly the Salford Quays AC. However, be aware the V&A is right next to (literally across the road from) the massive, and early stage, redevelopment of the former Granada Studios - which I guess is going to continue for the next several years.
I agree with RAPC that it's a question of assessing price and location.
Steve74 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 20, 5:36 am
  #13  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,690
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
The new Trafford Centre line is due to open soon, at which point Wharfside will be the nearest station, 2 mins walk from Hotel Football.
The Trafford Centre line opened 22nd March.
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Mar 30, 20, 9:48 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,446
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
The Trafford Centre line opened 22nd March.
There you go then. A couple of weeks of enforced working from home and I've missed the opening!
RAPC is offline  
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:04 am
  #15  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,690
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
There you go then. A couple of weeks of enforced working from home and I've missed the opening!
Yeah - I doubt it's getting much use
RAPC likes this.
DYKWIA is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: