Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. £80 charge for third adult and £40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Contact for Marriott County Hall

My question is summarized here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708497

What I know at this point is that the Renaissance Chancery Court does not allow under 16s into the CL, but that children have been seen in the CL at County Hall. I'd like to know if children are currently allowed in the County Hall CL, or if this information is old, or if folks were simply getting away with it. As no one could give me a clear answer, I'd like to contact the hotel by e-mail in order to get an answer.

I have rewards reservations at both hotels, but I'd like to cancel one in order to be polite to others who are seeking to book a London awards stay.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:58 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If no one here has that info, you can call Marriott Reservations. They should be able to give you the hotel GM's email address. You can then email the GM with your question. Another option is that the MR webpage for the hotel should have a hotel telephone number which you could call and talk with someone directly.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I do NOT understand this rule (and wonder about discrimination!), and can tell you for SURE that on 11/23 County Hall DID allow children in.

BUT...NOTHING...and I MEAN NOTHING...(NOT EVEN A BOTTLE OF WATER) could be taken out of the CL!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I do NOT understand this rule (and wonder about discrimination!), and can tell you for SURE that on 11/23 County Hall DID allow children in.

BUT...NOTHING...and I MEAN NOTHING...(NOT EVEN A BOTTLE OF WATER) could be taken out of the CL!
I think the Renaissance Chancery Court has the rule because it is generally a business hotel, and they don't want to upset their elites with out of control children in the lounge. At the same time, I've earned access to the lounge for myself and my family, due to my loyalty. The Chancery Court did agree to let me take food out of the lounge for my son, but I'd rather he be welcome in the lounge. I don't want him to feel unwelcome, which could color his feelings about the hotel.

If I can be sure that children (or at least my well behaved 13-year-old son) are welcome in the County Hall lounge, I think this will be better experience for my family. I'm tempted by the convenience and great reviews for the Chancery Court, but I don't want to feel like my son is only there on sufferance.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Comment posted in error.

Last edited by ohmark; Jul 8, 2007 at 8:48 pm
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have been in County Hall for the last 3 or 4 weeks and the lounge has been teeming with children of various ages.

No staff member has made the slightest comment or complaint, so I wouldn't worry.

Incidentally, I also took bottles of water and fruit out of the lounge and no-one commented.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 7:40 pm

Well, I finally got smart.

Tried the formula posted in the Marriott websites sticky, and lo and behold, it worked. For those who need it, you can reach the County Hall GM at:

[email protected]

For those who are interested in the age policy in the CL at County Hall, I received the following reply:

Dear lexdevil,

Thank you for kind note in respect of your reservation here at the London Marriott Hotel, County Hall.

It would be my pleasure to welcome your 13 year old son to accompany you in our Executive Lounge. All accompanied children are welcome.

I hope this assists with your plans and look forward to extending a warm welcome next month.

Kind regards,
Stuart Bowery
Cluster General Manager - London
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:25 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
lexdevil, thanks for the follow-up. I'm hopeful that next year my wife and I will not only again travel to London, but take the kids with us. And right now, County Hall is looking like our #1 choice.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Getting a decent rate at the County Hall Marriott

Hi,

Just wondering if i'm missing anything obvious here - I need to stay in London on a Friday night with the family, as we have an early train from Waterloo on the Saturday. The Marriott County Hall is a prime choice but the best rates I can find are close on £250 by the time they add the VAT.

Has anyone got any tips or tricks on getting lower rates at this property?

Thanks

Tony
Old Aug 14, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Tony,

If 250 GBP+VAT is too steep, my guess is that you'd be better off staying elsewhere in Central London, getting up 15 minutes or so earlier, then taking a black cab to Waterloo station. The cab ride shouldn't take very long early Saturday morning, and you'd get the cost of your cabfare back in hotel savings.

Have you looked into Chancery Court? Probably wouldn't exactly be cheap, but it might be a nice alternative where you could come out a few pounds ahead.

Hope this helps
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberdad
Have you looked into Chancery Court? Probably wouldn't exactly be cheap, but it might be a nice alternative where you could come out a few pounds ahead.
Hope this helps
Many of those set on the County Hall probably will not want to settle for the Chancery Court and vice versa. That being said, most often when I check London rates, the Chancery Court is significantly less expensive than the County Hall.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Cyberdad,

Had resigned myself to that to be honest. We can get a suite at a 4* hotel in Southwark (less than a mile away) for £150 incl. VAT, and given there are 4 of us, that's far more appropriate. I'm just amazed Marriott can fill the place at those rates!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, AmEx, HH
Marriott County Hall

I'm afraid that I can't help you with the discounted rate, but my family and I stayed there last January and found it OK but overpriced. The location is good for access and great views but there are few restaurants close by for families and limited shopping. Everything is a 15 minute walk away, a $10 cab ride, or a ride on the tube.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:20 pm

The location is one of the eye of the beholder things.

For just my wife and I who enjoy walking and exploring, the County Hall location was great. With two tube stations and a railway station within a ten minute walk, and all sort of sightseeing and shows within a 15 to 20 minute walk, it was close to a perfect location.

Since both of us were adults, we could also eat in the nearby pubs. Based on what we saw and heard that wouldn't work for families since minors couldn't even go in a lot of pubs. In one of the pubs, we saw a young couple with an infant refused admission.

Incidentally, there was a Travel Lodge or Inn around the corner from County Hall that was clearly much less expensive. It was several years ago, so I don't recall the exact name.

Art
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
There is a Premier Travel Inn in the same building as the Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.