Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
I am going next weekend. Will post a review then.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:08 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Any reviews since the reopening?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:20 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by coiaflyer
I am going next weekend. Will post a review then.
Any review you can share?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:34 am

Resort Closes Until April 6th

The resort is shut down.

Pools closed, Spa Closed Beach off limits.

Restaurants closed too. Any guests still here need to order all meals via Room Service.

They plan to start taking guests again on April 6th.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:13 pm

SuCasa Becomes a Private Home

Rumors going around the resort that SuCasa (The resorts Presidential Suite) just sold to a Hedge Fund guy for $50 million.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:22 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Any recent stays? We were hoping to go back to Bahia Beach this fall, but the recent reviews at TripAdvisor are dreadful. Were thinking of moving to here but no points reservations available on the dates we checked
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Any recent stays? We were hoping to go back to Bahia Beach this fall, but the recent reviews at TripAdvisor are dreadful. Were thinking of moving to here but no points reservations available on the dates we checked
RC Reserve properties don't participate in Bonvoy so you can't earn or redeem points here.

As for Bahia Beach, keep in mind that a lot of the reviews are from folks who stay on the condo side or rent rooms there via airbnb/VRBO. We've been to the St. Regis twice during covid and it's pretty darn spectacular.
mdbe likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
RC Reserve properties don't participate in Bonvoy so you can't earn or redeem points here.

As for Bahia Beach, keep in mind that a lot of the reviews are from folks who stay on the condo side or rent rooms there via airbnb/VRBO. We've been to the St. Regis twice during covid and it's pretty darn spectacular.
Thanks for the info. The reviews I've read at TA sound like the regular hotel part is a mess. No help, no room at the restaurants, food at Sea Grapes is bad. We were there in March of 2020, about 10 days before everything got locked down and we agree it was spectacular. But there are no good recent reviews which has us worried.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Thanks for the info. The reviews I've read at TA sound like the regular hotel part is a mess. No help, no room at the restaurants, food at Sea Grapes is bad. We were there in March of 2020, about 10 days before everything got locked down and we agree it was spectacular. But there are no good recent reviews which has us worried.
Food at sea grapes was definitely bad, and F&B service was slow. That is definitely the weak link. I can't imagine paying the RC Reserve prices though... seems through the roof for not measurably better than the Regis.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Food at sea grapes was definitely bad, and F&B service was slow. That is definitely the weak link. I can't imagine paying the RC Reserve prices though... seems through the roof for not measurably better than the Regis.
Totally agree. That's a definite no for us.

Going to keep our res at Bahia but not buying flights until further along, hoping to see better reviews. Will have to figure out a Plan B for October instead.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:28 pm

Ritz Reserve Dorado Beach to join Bonvoy

New owners…….

the Reserve will join the Bonvoy Program where you can earn and burn points.

program starts April 14th.

I’m sure the amount of points needed for a free night will be super high.
Established1985 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I've always heard great things about this property so it will be interesting to see what points and availability look like.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 747
New owners…….

the Reserve will join the Bonvoy Program where you can earn and burn points.

program starts April 14th.

I’m sure the amount of points needed for a free night will be super high.
Has this happened yet? I can't seem to pull up any points rates.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has this happened yet? I can't seem to pull up any points rates.
Yup. There's an odd message that says "no redemption rates available" but there is nevertheless availability. See example:

​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.