Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orlando Marriott World Center [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
We chose the steakhouse and it was bad. I mean REALLY bad.
I have been to this hotel numerous times and I've used there restaurants numerous times too. I am shocked that you say the steak house was really bad. I've been there in August for the last time and it was wonderful! Same counts for their other outlets, which are great too.

@original poster: Early afternoon, well it seems to me like you've got yourself many options. It all depends on what you want to do or where you want to go to except for theme parks. But how about Downtown Disney (be sure to make reservations in time!!!) or Universal Citywalk (the same thing about reservations applies here). Or maybe the Mercado (if it wasn't shut down yet) or Pointe Orlando? Or even Old Town?
Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Muerz
I have been to this hotel numerous times and I've used there restaurants numerous times too. I am shocked that you say the steak house was really bad. I've been there in August for the last time and it was wonderful! Same counts for their other outlets, which are great too.

@original poster: Early afternoon, well it seems to me like you've got yourself many options. It all depends on what you want to do or where you want to go to except for theme parks. But how about Downtown Disney (be sure to make reservations in time!!!) or Universal Citywalk (the same thing about reservations applies here). Or maybe the Mercado (if it wasn't shut down yet) or Pointe Orlando? Or even Old Town?

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I will investigate them all.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Do you have to pay the entrance fee to Universal Studios ($50 plus per person) to get to Universal Citywalk?
Old Nov 27, 2005, 10:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Traveller
Do you have to pay the entrance fee to Universal Studios ($50 plus per person) to get to Universal Citywalk?
No, City Walk is outside the gates. It is actually between the 2 parks at Universal.
If you get there too early (I want to say before 6 or 6:30, but I don't exactly recall) you will have to pay for the parking garage. If you arrive after that time the parking is free.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Muerz
We were surprised, too, especially given the good things we'd heard about it. We had a WONDERFUL meal sitting at the bar at the Italian place one of the other nights, though, one of our best hotel meals ever.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:37 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Suites - Orlando World Center

Hi All,

Supposedly I have been upgraded to a suite at Orlando World Center Resort for my stay next week. Has anyone experienced a suite there recently?

Last time I was at this hotel was at least 10 years ago...Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I am there next week also and hoping for a suite also so will await the responses...
Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:29 pm

Yes, I've experienced several suites there. What do you want to know about them?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 6:25 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Yes, I've experienced several suites there. What do you want to know about them?
How nice is the bed? large bathroom? More imprtantly - are there 2 TVs? How new are the TVs?

Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:26 am

Well, like most hotels they have different categories of suites. The one I've been in most often had a large bedroom, HUGE bathroom, then a separate living room with fold-out king-size sofa and a second full bathroom. One of the nicest things is the enormous balcony with furniture that overlooks Downtown Disney. You can watch fireworks from any of the Disney parks from out there. There were 2 TVs, but both those and the bed were the standard Marriott stuff. I think the TVs were 27".
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there free wifi at this hotel...either in the room or public areas? Is there a concierge lounge?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
No Free Internet at all. WIFI may be available in the convention area for a fee. There is not a lounge as it is a resort property.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:13 pm

My nephew is there right now, for the first couple of days of his honeymoon. Apparently the note I put in his reservation about it being a honeymoon, got them a nice suite upgrade. He says its a huge room, with 2 balconies and even a dining room table. Since he is there on a 2 night certificate I bought from a fundraiser, I was only hoping that my note would get him a poolview room as opposed to parking lot view. He had been there before with us and his mom a couple of years ago, and while those rooms were nice, he claims this one is at least 2X the size of what we had before. I am afraid the rest of his trip at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood FL, may be a letdown from this, but at least that one is oceanfront. The Diplomat is sold out this week, so not likely he'll get any kind of upgrade there.
Cindi
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I've had several nice suites at the WC in the last few years. As mentioned no C-lounge or free Wi-Fi, if you are looking for a nice C-lounge and nice bathrooms with TV's---try the Seaworld Ren.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by foodguy
I've had several nice suites at the WC in the last few years. As mentioned no C-lounge or free Wi-Fi, if you are looking for a nice C-lounge and nice bathrooms with TV's---try the Seaworld Ren.
Just don't do so between now and October. Huge rennovation happening. Lounge is closed till mid August. No alternate accomidations are being made (as they said, they are a resort...they don't have too). Two floors are shut at a time, currently 10 & 9 (club). Prices do currently reflect the contruction though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.