Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Cleveland, OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2000, 10:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Hey fellow frequent travelers:
Any recent experiences or information on Marriotts, or Renaissance Hotels in DOWNTOWN Cleveland, OH... I am looking to stay on the weekend in the VERY distant future... Also any info on Concirege Level services/info at the DT Marriott...Or similar services at the Renaissance? Preferred rooms/floors/views...etc..... And QUICK airport transportation to and from Cleveland/Hopkins Airport (subway? ) Thanks for ALL the information. As I need to make reservations in one week... And WANT to make the RIGHT decision..

Regards,
Mike
Old Apr 30, 2000, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The Downtown Cleveland Marriott is a VERY nice property, and the Concierge Lounge was open on the weekend when I stayed there a couple of years ago. I know nothing about a Renaissance in Cleveland.

Public transportation (a light-rail system) runs directly from the airport to downtown (public square). It's very fast and cheap. No other way to go!

Bruce
Old May 2, 2000, 12:44 am
Commander Catcop

Please check my trip report on Cleveland and the Renaissance Hotel.

It is an excellent property, (TRIPLE A FOur Star property) right in the center of things, the subway station is a short walk through the Tower City SHopping arcade to the hotel and you can take take back and forth to the airport, a direct ride.

Check the Marriott Website for any discounts. I got an excellent rate for the weekend I was at the Renaissance.

DO give it a try. I don't know about the Cleveland Marriott.
Old May 2, 2000, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
The Marriott is a newer hotel, the Renaissance is the old Stouffer's Inn on the Square, an old-time grand city hotel. Very nice, but some rooms are quite small.
Old May 5, 2000, 9:05 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well thank you Bruce and Mark sorry Catman : ) and Opus 17... Mark it sounds like I am going for the Renaissance...based on what you said...and YOUR excellent travel report..FINALIZED IT... The Cleveland DT Marriott looks nice.. BUT....Maybe to Marriotish... Thanks to all for the property feedbacks... BTW... Both rates for a "standard room" at BOTH properties are only twenty dollars apart.. The Renaissane being more expensive.. Having stayed at the Stanford Court in SF last year.. I know what to expect from Renaissance.. : )

Mike
Old Sep 27, 2001, 9:12 pm

What's the deal on Cleveland's East Side?

Does anyone know what's happening in Beachwood, OH? First the Marriott becomes a Hilton and then the Courtyard closes down. I drove by tonight and it is quite a sight: all the windows have been removed as well as the exterior 'skin'. No signs anywhere. I liked both hotels. The RI was booked. Just curious.
Paul
Old Jun 28, 2003, 3:12 pm

Programs: US Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond , IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Cleveland Marriotts

Which hotel is better, the Renaissance or Marriott in Downtown
Old Jun 28, 2003, 4:41 pm

As a resident of CLE and one who has stayed at both properties several times I will say without a dought the Marriott is the choice. The RES is older and IMHO it is no where near as nice as the Marriott
Old Jun 28, 2003, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stillontheroad:
As a resident of CLE and one who has stayed at both properties several times I will say without a dought the Marriott is the choice. The RES is older and IMHO it is no where near as nice as the Marriott</font>
Unless you are upgraded to one of the Renaissance's suites (and they have a ton of them)

Old Jun 28, 2003, 8:44 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
If you stay at the Renaissance, make sure they don't give you an inside room. It opens to the atrium and all you get is swimming pool noise, stale air and no light or sunshine.

Of all the Rensissances I have stayed at, this is the worst one.

I will say, however, that when I posted the same thoughts a year or so ago, another poster stated that the outside rooms are much better.

Old Jun 30, 2003, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DADISGARYK:
I will say, however, that when I posted the same thoughts a year or so ago, another poster stated that the outside rooms are much better.

</font>
Outside rooms are much better. If you can get the upgrade to a suite or an outside room then I'd stay there (note: because of the hotels historic nature some rooms can be smaller than are standard today).

If you don't want to take a chance the Marriott is directly across Public Square from the Renaissance
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
Cleveland Properties with Suites

Any recommendations for a Marriott property in Cleveland with good sized suites? (or non-Marriott property)

I am hosting an event in the room that requires some extra space for 6-10 guests (ok, it's a bachelor party ). Yes, I know there's an Embassy Suites in Cleveland but those living rooms are usually on the small side.

I've read that the Residence Inn downtown has 2-BR suites. Anybody with experience there? Other suite ideas?
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, PC Gold
I just stayed there for a couple of nights. the rooms are okay, but I usually stay at the full service marriotts, so you can tell the difference. One of the bedrooms is twice the size of the smaller bedroom and there is a common area. all three rooms have their own TVs. there is no room service at this property, but there is free breakfast, happy hour, and free dinner (which is not that great and kind of like a school cafeteria menu). the parking garage is very seedy and sometimes full since its also a public lot and is used for the baseball games. The downtown marriott is supposed to be nice, but seems like twice the price of the RI.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
Thanks. How big is the living room area? I am looking for plenty of room to spread out. Like I said, I am more familiar with E.S. but think their living rooms are tiny, unable to hold more than 3-4 people comfortably.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcadude
Any recommendations for a Marriott property in Cleveland with good sized suites? (or non-Marriott property)

I am hosting an event in the room that requires some extra space for 6-10 guests (ok, it's a bachelor party ). Yes, I know there's an Embassy Suites in Cleveland but those living rooms are usually on the small side.

I've read that the Residence Inn downtown has 2-BR suites. Anybody with experience there? Other suite ideas?
The Renaissance Cleveland Hotel has a good number of suites that would fit the requirements (all 4 Marriott hotels are within blocks of each other, Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Marriott & Residence Inn)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.