Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ajamieson
You mean, what I was told was untrue? I'm sure you're right, but she was quite adamant. "It must be this one" she said, holding up a Sheraton bath cap. I didn't have the energy to argue as it was clearly absurd.
Yes, what you were told is definitely untrue...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Good to know for future, thank you ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Hmmm. Nice-looking property, but some serious service weaknesses.

Fantastic lounge with great self-service breakfast selection.

Disorganized check-in, with long lines, even at 11pm. No single line, and no priority line (this being Italy, everyone just barged their way to the front). Similar nonsense at check-out.

Room looked great and was comfortable except, as I discovered in the morning, adjacent to a service corridor. I've never heard so much noise! It was like somebody was hammering on the wall. The bed was vibrating with every collision of a cart, every door-slam. Noisiest hotel room I have ever been in.
I stay here regularly on the night before my return flight from Milan; the lounge is nice both in the evening and the morning. Check-in check-out is highly disorganized; while some of the front desk personnel are quite pleasant, it is impressively badly run. I have stayed in a number of different rooms and not had the noise problem; as a plat I get an incredibly large junior suite that is far from the service area and quite quiet.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ckendall
I stay here regularly on the night before my return flight from Milan; the lounge is nice both in the evening and the morning. Check-in check-out is highly disorganized; while some of the front desk personnel are quite pleasant, it is impressively badly run. I have stayed in a number of different rooms and not had the noise problem; as a plat I get an incredibly large junior suite that is far from the service area and quite quiet.
Never had bigger noise problems there. Only in winter you can " hear " sometimes the fassade. No problem so far.

The diplomatic suites are at the corners of the hotel situated far far away and also very quiet.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Room looked great and was comfortable except, as I discovered in the morning, adjacent to a service corridor. I've never heard so much noise! It was like somebody was hammering on the wall. The bed was vibrating with every collision of a cart, every door-slam. Noisiest hotel room I have ever been in.

I managed to contact the GM about the front desk. His response was that “airport hotels are often chaotic” (his words).
I was there in May of 2012 and would agree with the assertion that it was noisy. It was determined that we had a room directly above the wash pot in the kitchen and the help was banging the dishes as loudly as possible. It was probably around 8-10 PM. Thankfully it subsided by time to go to sleep. My gamble to stay in the room paid off.
Old May 11, 2013, 9:45 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I used this hotel a few days ago on a C&P deal. 3500 points plus $55 USD. It was the end of our long trip and we had a morning flight back to the USA, so to me it was a great value overall. I liked the hotel, the staff was friendly and the easy walk right into the terminal was ultra-convenient.

I, too, was amazed and baffled by the policy to wear a cap in order to use the pool. That makes no sense to me. The front desk told me "if you don't have one, you can buy one for 6 Euros", which I interpret to mean I could use my own (if I had one).

There is a great restaurant nearby called La Pista that will send a shuttle bus/van to get you. The cost is 10 Euro for the roundtrip (they charged this single fee for the two of us). The meal is in a quaint hotel in a small town. The food was amazing, and the homemade Limoncello was a nice touch. I recommend this if you want to avoid the hotel food options (and prices).
Old May 18, 2013, 11:15 pm

Pool is closed because of problems with the ceiling.

So no need of a bath cap...
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:01 am

We're considering this hotel for our last night before a 10AM departure.

Any recent thoughts on the Club Lounge ? Do they charge for beer / wine ?
We're also looking for an easy way to get there without a car form Florence.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by idainc
Do they charge for beer / wine ?
No.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP

From Florence, take the train to Milan (Central station) and then you can get a train or bus to the airport. The hotel is inside the airport and a short walk from the international terminal or the airport train station.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Lounge fine- breakfast good

Yes as george_p12 points out free wine and beer (can't remember if it was just during happy hour)

Wine OK - beer was warm

Always had a Junior Suite even on Beat the Timer rate

Excellent value at 70 - 75€
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:23 pm

Thanks everyone. Somehow typically the office doesn't quite know what's going on in the club, I emailed the question about wine / beer and got this reponse: " Alcohol drinks have a fee also in the evening. "

I always tend to rely on FT than the hotel or airline.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:24 pm

Thanks everyone. Somehow typically the office doesn't quite know what's going on in the club, I emailed the question about wine / beer and got this reponse: " Alcohol drinks have a fee also in the evening. "

I always tend to rely on FT than the hotel or airline.
Strange... Did you ask for alcohol drinks or explicit for wine and beer?! And did you ask for club, lounge or club lounge?! There are two lounges and a club ( it I remember correct ) in this hotel. One club lounge, one crew lounge and the club is part oft the bar or the restaurant. So there you will have to pay for alcoholic drinks...

BTW: During my stays over the last years always red wine, white wine, sparkling wine and beer in the club lounge were free. And not only during happy hour, because there is no happy hour at all.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Strange... Did you ask for alcohol drinks or explicit for wine and beer?! And did you ask for club, lounge or club lounge?! There are two lounges and a club ( it I remember correct ) in this hotel. One club lounge, one crew lounge and the club is part oft the bar or the restaurant. So there you will have to pay for alcoholic drinks...

BTW: During my stays over the last years always red wine, white wine, sparkling wine and beer in the club lounge were free. And not only during happy hour, because there is no happy hour at all.
Wine and beer on the club lounge. I'll have another go at them and report. When was your last stay in the club ?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:58 pm

Wine and beer on the club lounge. I'll have another go at them and report. When was your last stay in the club ?
Roundabout one month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.