Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Metropol Palace, Belgrade, Serbia, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Per airoli (April '19): The lounge on the 7th floor is closed indefinitely as of 24 January, according to a note stuck on its door. The hotel offered both complimentary breakfast in the restaurant and 1000 welcome amenity points,
Print Wikipost

Metropol Palace, Belgrade, Serbia, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Metropol Palace, Belgrade, Serbia, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

It seems that Starwood is to open a property in Belgrade, Serbia. It's still unconfirmed information, but the Metropol Palace hotel, which is undergoing extensive renovation will open in September as a Luxury Collection Hotel.

A hotel with important history, opened in 1957, Metropol was acquired by the Greek Daskalantonakis family (Grecotel chain in Greece, and owners of the Sofia Sheraton, a Luxury collection Hotel.) in 2006, and has been closed since. Soft opening of the hotel will be in June.

This will be Starwood's first property in Serbia.

http://www.metropolpalace.com/en/

Last edited by FlyingSerb; Nov 25, 2012 at 4:32 am Reason: Changed title to reflect opening of hotel
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hoping very much that it's true.

EDIT: I've dug up some more info, and it seems that the direct investor is "Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan", with about 70 mil € invested in the hotel's renovation. Allegedly, the hotel will be opening its doors in June 2012.

Last edited by gojko88; Apr 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Cool

Originally Posted by FlyingSerb
It seems that Starwood is to open a property in Belgrade, Serbia. It's still unconfirmed information, but the Metropol Palace hotel, which is undergoing extensive renovation will open in September as a Luxury Collection Hotel.

A hotel with important history, opened in 1957, Metropol was acquired by the Greek Daskalantonakis family (Grecotel chain in Greece, and owners of the Sofia Sheraton, a Luxury collection Hotel.) in 2006, and has been closed since. Soft opening of the hotel will be in June.

This will be Starwood's first property in Serbia.

http://www.metropolpalace.com/en/
Great, BEG is nice however there is a lack of quality hotels. Hyatt is quite old, Townhouse too new, let-s see
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, and to me Hyatt is on the wrong side of the river...

Any news about this hotel? Will it ever become a LC?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Metropol Palace, Belgrade - The Luxury Collection

Yes, it's now officially a Starwood property:

Metropol Palace Belgrade - A Luxury Collection Hotel

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...ropertyID=3877

It's not 100% ready, as the Spa center is yet to open ("Spa center is closed for renovation until January 3, 2013."), but it's open to public.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 6:48 am

Time for a mattress run! More than glad to see a city this big finally join the Starwood family.
Old May 27, 2013, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Has anyone stayed here recently? Seems to have good reviews on TA, but I'd like to hear some Plat experiences. Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Metropol Palace, Belgrade, Serbia

I have a 3-night stay coming up in this hotel in two weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experiences there?

How's the Plat recognition? Suites given or should I try SNAs? And how to they handle the Plat breakfast?

I'll post a detailed report when I get back but if someone has any info... do share

For the mods - I know there is this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...de-serbia.html
But I think this title is more appropriate...
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
We have a new Master Thread.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
We have a new Master Thread.
Excellent Much better...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:05 am

Review

So I just completed a 3 night stay at this hotel and since no other FTer seems to have stayed here before, I'll post a longer review.

I booked a standard room (3rd night free, about 100€ avg. nightly rate) and used SNAs to upgrade. I probably didn't have to since the hotel definitely wasn't full.

Short version:
- very nice hotel in the center
- Location: a few other hotels are probably a little bit better located but it's still OK
- Staff: very friendly but quite young and a bit inexperienced.
- Platinum recognition: classic: 500 points, gift (some sort of scarf?) or breakfast. Took the breakfast. Nice surprise: points got posted too
- Platinum breakfast: full breakfast at the buffet
- Executive lounge
- Parking: valet parking for about 20€ per day.
- Free WiFi
- NO Make a green choice

Hotel - Overall

The hotel looks very nice. Both on the outside and inside. It's been completely renovated but some areas haven't been completed yet (e.g. 10th floor, ...). There wasn't any noise because of that.

Rooms

The suite was pretty standard. Separate living room, with the bathroom next to the bedroom.

The use of dark wood on the floor (without any tapistry) makes the rooms a bit dark and cold.

Also... the bathroom and bedroom are separated only by a (dark) glass wall with a sliding glass door. So when you're on the toilet you are only about 2m away from someone on the bed

The minibar is crazy expensive and it's actually cheaper to order something from the Room services that it is to take it out the minibar.

Gym & SPA

The gym is the biggest & best equiped I've seen so far. Everything new, 11 cardio machines, very big space, ... A separate (big) area for stretching, ...

The pool is also very big - 25 meters long.

Two saunas: Finnish and a Steam room.

Food

Breakfast buffet was OK but - compared to other Starwood hotels I've stayed at this year - pretty basic. Classis selection: eggs, sausages, cheese, yoghurt, fruits, cereal, bread, sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese, ...

As part of the breakfast you could also order 8 additional items from the menu: freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes, different omlettes, ...

We also tried the restaurant once for dinner and the food was good. Approx. 10-15€ per main dish.

Lounge

The lounge has coffee, tea, some snacks, fruit and cakes.

Since there wasn't a lot of people staying there, it was usually unmanned but there's a sign saying that if you want something please call number XYZ. When we wanted coffee, we called and someone came up very quickly.

Staff

Everyone was really nice and helpful. They speak English very well.

Most of the staff is quite new and seem a little bit inexperienced at times. The friendliness makes up for that...

Overall

Overall it's a very nice property and I would stay here again if I was in Belgrade.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:33 am

Just a heads-up: this property is giving 1000 Starpoints for all online lunch/dinner reservations at the hotel restaurant, in addition to any Starwood-wide promos (such as the currently running Twice as Nice promo).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
is it weird that this hotel is sold out for Dec 31st and nothing before or after?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:37 am

It's not weird as such, but I am surprised it would be sold out this far in advance. Try reaching out to the hotel by phone, it could be that they've reserved all the rooms for New Year packages (with gala dinner etc.).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Originally Posted by gojko88
It's not weird as such, but I am surprised it would be sold out this far in advance. Try reaching out to the hotel by phone, it could be that they've reserved all the rooms for New Year packages (with gala dinner etc.).
you're a genius!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.