Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton, Naples Florida (Closed till March, 2023) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum

Can someone help me with a better rate code than AAA for the night of the 30th of April to the 1st of May at the RC in Naples, Florida. The best rate I can get is $314 for a non balcony guest room. It would be for myself and my 18 month old baby boy Oscar. Anyone help out?

Anthony
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:15 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Which RC. Beach or golf?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I forgot there were two locations. Vanderbilt Beach plz.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Any recent reviews

I have a trip to this hotel in couple weeks for much needed spring break using points. Any new reviews or cost to upgrade to club level rooms would be appreciated. Also want to know more about the beach service and how well it will work with a 16 month old baby.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: Free Agent
A quick Review - A true luxury hotel

Stayed here over spring break for five nights using points. When I checked in using the mobile app I was given a club room, but I figured that was not right. I indicated I would be arriving in the early evening. But thanks to Southwest ended up getting here around 10:30 pm at night. Took a taxi from Fort Meyers airport ($65) and promptly greeted by the doorman. Who loaded our entire luggage and put the car seat for storage to picked up on departure. I was too tired to look for the mobile check in and instead used the front desk. A very nice and courteous women checked me and indicated I had reserved the base room which I indicated was correct. She told me the hotel was sold out and we have been upgraded to a Terrace Suite for our five-day stay (though no club access). This is the first time I have ever been upgrade to a suite at a Marriott hotel and I am very lowly silver go figure. They had the crib in the room with all the baby amenities (So far Ritz is 2 for 2 in this department).

Pros:
The service through out the hotel was great, it is well deserving of all the accolades it receives. Even though the hotel was sold out we still felt that staff did their best to great us and take care of our needs. This is great hotel for family without the feeling like it has been run over by them. The adult pool and family fool were nicely separated by a café and people where generally well behaved. The family side had pool tables, ping-pong tables and a basketball court as well. Even with a sold out hotel we did not have issues getting a chair at the pool; though this did effect the speed of the service. The room was in great condition and no cheapo amenities like Ritz Carlton Kapalua. The terrace was good size with two lounge chairs and table with four chairs. Because of the room location I was able to mooch off the free Internet from the lobby. The service at the restaurants was also good though I would recommended to get reservations at Gumbo Limbo for dinner as it a very popular spot to watch the sun set. Most importantly no resort fees!!!!

Cons:
The beach service was ok, I would put at par with a regular Marriott or Hyatt or Westin type hotels. They charge for $25 for either an umbrella or cabana. While the service was decent again it was very crowded and the quality of chairs and umbrellas did not match up to rest of the hotel especially when compared to the pool area. I think it would be much more classy if they used same type of chairs that are in the pool area or the ones Four Season uses at their resort in Palm Beach.

Overall this was great resort and we thoroughly enjoyed our five nights, we came back really relaxed. Be prepared to shell money for the food at the restaurants or pool/beach side but it is worth the price imho. The great service was highlighted until the end when the same doorman remembered us, retrieved our car seat and put it inside the taxi and offered us bottle water for our onward journey.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
RC Naples - Availability shown, then gone. Glitch?

Hi all,

Asking for a friend:

We were told on Monday that there was plenty of points availability at the Ritz-Carlton Naples. We tried to book last night and there was no availability, at all on the 22nd and 23rd of Jan. We know that the system was down for some time so were wondering if this is just a glitch or if there is some other issue.

Now interestingly, there is no availability even for a cash booking, so has a conference suddenly come in and swept the availability, or is this a temporary error?

Thanks all,

M
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Can anyone comment on the club lounge or recent stay as Plat (or higher)?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Maybe we can get a review posted this year 😀
Old May 29, 2020, 11:16 am

In terms of a review, this is probably my favorite Ritz. Great club, terrific staff, and the location on the beach is terrific. Also, nice amenities on site, including a fitness center that is really unmatched by any hotel I've stayed in. Or you can just step out of your room and walk the beach for miles.

As an update, since our family's summer vacation has been scrapped, I called to see what accommodations would be like in the club level over the summer, thinking we might just duck down there and relax for a week. According to the person I spoke with at the front desk, the club level does not open until June 5 and, as of today, she didn't have any details on what changes they will be making in light of COVID-19. She told me someone would call me back when they have more details, so I will post an update if they come through.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Just completed an amazing 5 night stay here. Not everything was open, but service was impeccable. I'm a huge fan of the StR Bal Harbour, but found the service at this Ritz to be better. Drink service on the beach was among the fastest I've ever had. Very happy employees everywhere. The water is amazing here and is already calling me back. Restaurants around town were all open for in person dining, it felt like real life again. Gumbo Limbo, Terrazza, and the pool cafe were open on weekdays, it sounds like most everything else is opening up within the next week or two. Room was somewhat dated, but very clean.

Definitely looking forward to coming back.
quinella66 and svo242 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:36 am

Great! Thanks for the update. Talked to a representative there yesterday who said club lounge was open with the regular five food presentations. Hoping that also includes the cookie humidor! Good to hear beach and restaurants are all open and running normally. Feeling like being back in "real life" sounds so good right now! Glad you had a great stay!
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
This place is PACKED. The beach was ok but there is not a ton of space by the (very small) pool.

All of the restaurants are open and room service is available. The tennis courts are closed. They claimed it wasn’t covid related and that they are completing some renovations.

Rooms were mediocre. No upgrade other than a better view.
svo242 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:33 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Late 2021 experiences?

Booked over the holidays but there seems to be a LOT of construction happening. Hotel is sold out so wouldn’t be expecting an upgrade. That said, does the the construction render this stay a lost cause?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
considering this hotel for a stay in March...any recent stays that can provide some insight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.