Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Barcelona (Downtown), Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.

My husband is attending a meeting in Barcelona in early Nov and wondering about staying at this hotel. I have looked at TripAd and the reviews are mixed. As it is not part of the reward program yet, is there a possibility that the hotel will recognize my hubby's plat. status? Has anyone stayed there recently? Looked at the Arts hotel which is a Ritz but it is a distance from the meeting site. Hopefully Marriott Conc. will read this and reply
Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
My husband is attending a meeting in Barcelona in early Nov and wondering about staying at this hotel. I have looked at TripAd and the reviews are mixed. As it is not part of the reward program yet, is there a possibility that the hotel will recognize my hubby's plat. status? Has anyone stayed there recently? Looked at the Arts hotel which is a Ritz but it is a distance from the meeting site. Hopefully Marriott Conc. will read this and reply
Thanks
possible but unlikely - my guess (and that's all this is) is that the systems haven't been installed yet so they wont know his status nor what benefits he is given
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
I stayed at an AC hotel last week in Madrid and they DO NOT recognize any status. They knew I was a plat but did not do anything special. They gave me a pre-print letter stating that they are still upgrading their system (target by end of the year). One good thing about AC hotels is that the minibar is free (only drinks in the minibar but you can also use as a fridge).
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coplatflyer
I stayed at an AC hotel last week in Madrid and they DO NOT recognize any status. They knew I was a plat but did not do anything special. They gave me a pre-print letter stating that they are still upgrading their system (target by end of the year). One good thing about AC hotels is that the minibar is free (only drinks in the minibar but you can also use as a fridge).
This was probably one of the properties that have not joined Marriott Rewards although listed on the website -- As such, it is not surprising you received nothing.

If you stayed at one of the Autograph hotels, I would find your experience offputting, but it appears you did not and thus nothing was promised that was not deliverd.

OP - I would make a cancellable booking at the property because I was informally told that the A/C properties would be joining as of 11/1/11.

Of course, however, there can be delays.

If you want a good points earning property and the A/C hotels have not joined at that point, you have the Le Meridien that I can personally recommend.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:36 am
Suspended

Barcelona Renaissance (Downtown, formerly AC Barcelona Diplomatic)

Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Thanks for the post. I couldn't decide on a Marriott property for an upcoming trip. Your post swayed me to AC Sants over the expensive Hotel Arts. ^
There is another property that probably will come in as a Cat 5 or 6 and it was the best positioned of all the AC properties in Barcelona. It is to be recategorized as a Renaissance hotel and is slated to open soon, so you may wish to see if it is operative when you plan to travel.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
There is another property that probably will come in as a Cat 5 or 6 and it was the best positioned of all the AC properties in Barcelona. It is to be recategorized as a Renaissance hotel and is slated to open soon, so you may wish to see if it is operative when you plan to travel.
I'm guessing you were talking about the AC Diplomat by Passeig de Gracia? If so, that one will be part of the Marriott program in April. Unfortunately, I will be in Barcelona in mid March.

Last edited by BlindPilot; Feb 12, 2012 at 9:21 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlindPilot
I'm guessing you were talking about the AC Diplomat by Passeig de Gracia? If so, that one will be part of the Marriott program in April. Unfortunately, I will be in Barcelona in mid March.
Yes, that was the one. My brother stayed at another hotel in that area and liked it. When I was last in Barcelona, I was at the Le Meridien, but then again, I had status with SPG, then, as well.

Barcelona is a great city, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay while there!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
New/Rebrand Renaissance in Barcelona

I just got word from the Reservation Sales Executive at the AC Diplomatic in Barcelona that they will be rebranded on 4/26 to a Renaissance. She was unsure of the award policies or the acceptance of Marriott Cheques but said she would contact me as soon as they where informed.
Just in time for my trip!!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tuono07
I just got word from the Reservation Sales Executive at the AC Diplomatic in Barcelona that they will be rebranded on 4/26 to a Renaissance. She was unsure of the award policies or the acceptance of Marriott Cheques but said she would contact me as soon as they where informed.
Just in time for my trip!!
Sorry, but this is very old news. I have been calling from time to time to find out what Category it will be slated but they still have no word.

Likely a Category 7, but if we are lucky, then a Category 6.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile Renaissance Barcelona New Opening

Marriott hotels just opened its new hotel in Barcelona. Renaissance hotel was previouslt AC Diplomatic hotel located in central Eixample Esquerra district 5 min walk to world famous Passeig de Gracia.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:43 pm

Um, yeah, lots of discussion on previous threads.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
Um, yeah, lots of discussion on previous threads.
Yes. But it was not opened until yesterday. So now is confirmed and Marriott benefits avaulable
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Still doesn't say what point category it is and no rooms available using points (which of course would tell you the point category if there were). Hey they only had about a year to figure this out.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Marriott hotels just opened its new hotel in Barcelona. Renaissance hotel was previouslt AC Diplomatic hotel located in central Eixample Esquerra district 5 min walk to world famous Passeig de Gracia.
Please consolidate this New useless thread.

Thank you Bruce!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 29, 2012 at 1:01 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Looks like it is Category 5. Not too bad. I'm not seeing reward availability yet though, at least for certain dates in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.