Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel in Hong Kong? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in Hong Kong? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Arrow Which Starwood hotel in Hong Kong? [Master Thread]

Hey what are people's preference for SPg hong kong hotels. The W or the Sheraton?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Personally I have only stayed at the Sheraton but have found
It to be very centrally located with nice (smallish) rooms and decent service. But I have heard good things about the W as well so I'm not sure where I should stay next time
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:43 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Stayed in both hotels as a Platinum Guest.

Sheraton HK gives you a small room but have an awesome view of the harbor. They also give you free breakfast - I heard it is now free hot breakfast too. The rates are also cheaper than W Hong Kong. It is located in a very good and convienent location.

W Hong Kong room rates are more expensive but would give you an amazing big suite. There's no free breakfast but the Platinum Welcome stack plate in your room was quite amazing. Once they even send me sparking wine as I was with a girl. Hotel located in a newer area and less convienient than the Shareton.

Le Meradian is located in a very secluded area thus I never stayed there.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
while the Sheraton is located more centrally, the W is very very easy to get to where you want. It is located adjacent/atop a mall that has a train station right in it. You don't even need to step outside to get to the train. Stayed there last July in a cool corner room. Really love the W Hong Kong! ^
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys that's great info. It's good to know that the w is not too isolated
Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: HL Gold, SPG Platinum, HY Platinum, EY Gold Elite, EK Gold, LH Gold, AF Platinum
SPG Hong Kong

Which ever you choose they all good. Here my experiences:

Le Meridien:

As said its a bit far from the heart of the action. It is however next to a small shopping mall. They have quite limited number of suites so sometimes hard to get upgrade as Platinum member. They however have cheaper rates, so you can save some money and you get free breakfast as Platinum.

Sheraton:

Very good service and great location in Kowloon and you can for instance walk to Harbour city. I also have excellent history for upgrades as Platinum. They also offer free (used to be cold only) breakfast for Platinum and evening drinks in special Platinum lounge (beer, wine).

W

Lovely rooms, location is same as Airport express so if you take airport express from airport you can walk from kowloon station to your hotel. No breakfast for Platinums but have always got suite upgrade. I love the style of rooms and if you love W- this is a great place. In same compound as Elements mall, so plenty of eating options and easy to get around, althought I would say Sheraton has slighly better location.

All 3 are great, so its a bit pending what you want from your stay. Enjoy Hong Kong !
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:07 pm

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Nice views, but isnt it pretty isolated? How do youget onto the MTR system?

Originally Posted by kudroz
I like the Le Meridien Cyberport. It's quiet and it feels new. The happy hour starts at 4PM and goes until the closing of the bar (if I remember correctly).

If you're staying on weekdays you have a good chance at a suite upgrade. The view is amazing. It is a bit far from Central, but I personally like it.

Suite (living area):
http://cl.ly/3t3i3s1g3P1c3J0s020r
http://cl.ly/3F3F1R0s3d470X0X2S2Q

View from the Suite:
http://cl.ly/393q3Q3P1D303k39171q
http://cl.ly/3D201G0p3m2x0m2q191f
http://cl.ly/1K2w473S3s2b0E0V1l36
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:14 pm

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Le Meridien was in an inconvenient/desolate location for our two stays.

Sheraton was in the best location, but typical older Sheraton, stayed 3 times.

W is in an up and coming location and a really great W, built on top of a 5* shopping mall and the high speed train to HKG. Stayed 3 times.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorian
Le Meridien was in an inconvenient/desolate location for our two stays.

Sheraton was in the best location, but typical older Sheraton, stayed 3 times.

W is in an up and coming location and a really great W, built on top of a 5* shopping mall and the high speed train to HKG. Stayed 3 times.
Yeah what it's lookin like is that W is clearly the best hotel, Sheraton likely has the best location, and the Meridian is nice but out of place.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
I my favorite *W Hotel in HK is the Sheraton, if you book a Towers Room (no upgrades for Platinum from Sheraton to Towers room). It is like a real 5* Hotel o top of a 4* Business Hotel. Great views, outstanding location, fantastic service.
S
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:42 pm

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
Originally Posted by kudroz
If you book a standard room on the Towers floor, do you get upgraded to a Towers Suite?
You'd get either a harbour view room or a non-view suite on the tower floor.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
I my favorite *W Hotel in HK is the Sheraton, if you book a Towers Room (no upgrades for Platinum from Sheraton to Towers room). It is like a real 5* Hotel o top of a 4* Business Hotel. Great views, outstanding location, fantastic service.
S
What's the benefit of towers rooms? So great no upgrades permitted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.