Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dearborn INN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Originally Posted by Big Mo
The Henry Ford was under serious construction earlier this year. Don't know the current status.
I guess I'll be more specific.

I don't know what the newsletters say, but I personally visited the museum, the village, and the Ford Rogue factory in late-April of this year. There was massive construction occurring inside the main exhibit area of the museum...so much that the concierge at the Dearborn Inn suggested that I not bother to visit. I hope they've finished by now, but it was really bad at that time.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite

I don't know what the newsletters say, but I personally visited the museum, the village, and the Ford Rogue factory in late-April of this year. There was massive construction occurring inside the main exhibit area of the museum...so much that the concierge at the Dearborn Inn suggested that I not bother to visit. I hope they've finished by now, but it was really bad at that time.
Ah makes sense - sounds like they were working on the new Exhibit which opens in January (I'd imagine all of the work is done at this point as the opening gala isn't far off)
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by socrates
The Colonial Homes (which are historic theirselves) are seperate buildings which as you can imagine does create some challenges for Housekeeping during the winter - historically they close these buildings to consolidate/better utilize their staff as these rooms are not in high demand over slower periods
* Ah - got it.

* Thanks for the heads up. I'll check w/ the concierge before heading to HRM.

Cheers.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 8:32 am

Quick note. Will do a full trip report after the new year (including pics), as I won't have email access for several days.

Quite enjoying my stay, and ended up canceling the Novi Renaissance to stay here both nights. DI is lovely at Xmas time. HUGE gingerbread Santa/reindeer exhibit in the lobby. Got a great upgrade! Staff is fabulous, very helpful and friendly.

Went to Henry Ford Museum yesterday for 1/2 a day. The 'auto exhibit' is still closed, but due to reopen on Jan 28 '12, after the gala socretes mentioned. You can see parts of it and cars, but it is blocked off. However, there was still plenty to see with lots of other exhibits, hence my being there for 4 hours. I'd definitely recommend a visit to anyone staying here, if they have time. As noted, Greenfield Village is closed during the winter, except for certain nights in December for the "Holiday of Lights" event.

Trip report w/ pics coming in the new year.

Cheers.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The 'auto exhibit' is still closed, but due to reopen on Jan 28 '12, after the gala socretes mentioned. You can see parts of it and cars, but it is blocked off.
If you'd like tickets I'd be happy to put you in touch - I believe they are $150/person (The Gov of Michigan along with Bill Ford and much of the Ford Family will be there)....as you mentioned it's a great facility
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
When in the bar ask for Carolyn (short dark/black hair). She's my favorite hotel bartender and an absolute riot.

Enjoy the balance of your stay.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone is interested I received a 2nd invitation this morning to the exhibit opening gala at the Henry Ford.....I was wrong, it's $200/pp for dinner $75/pp for cocktails....these gala's tend to be absolutely amazing (link below)

http://www.thehenryford.org/enews/eb...invitation.htm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:00 pm

Pictures of Dearborn Inn (and Henry Ford Museum)

Better late than never re: pics. I'll get around to the trip report this upcoming weekend.

Below are pictures of The Dearborn Inn. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to the Edgar Allen Poe cottage. However, I got the impression that's rather rare. So I asked them if they'd let me take pics of the regular rooms (doubles, king, suites) as not everyone will get EAP & it would be more representative, and they agreed. I've got pics of the outdoor portion of the hotel, the lobby (note the gingerbread Santa, sleigh & reindeer!), the main restaurant & bar, and rooms. I didn't make it to the fitness room so can't report on that, and the exec lounge was closed since it was a weekend. Also included is pic of the layout of the property, as well as pic of the wine/cheese Platinum arrival gift.

The Dearborn Inn:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/ho...-dearborn-inn/

As mentioned, the main 'automotive exhibit' was still under renovation when I was at the Henry Ford, but still plenty of other exhibits to see. Automotive due to re-open Jan 28th.

Henry Ford Museum:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fa...y-ford-museum/

As always, if you want to see images 'up close', click on the image to enlarge it.

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Thanks for sharing, Sharon. Enjoyed the photos.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:09 pm

Did you ever get around to writing the trip report? I'll be staying there this coming Monday night as part of my attempt to meet the platinum challenge. Any tips?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:38 am

Michilander did an exec lounge update in the sticky on his stays at The Henry & the Dearborn Inn. It's more info than I needed for the sticky, so thought I'd post his info here so it is available if someone does a search on the property. Thanks to Michilander for the info.

"The lounge at the Dearborn Inn was a bit smaller (than The Henry), but surprisingly uncrowded every time we were there (twice in the evening, twice for breakfast). Maybe just the slow season? Breakfast was all the usual suspects and evening was mostly finger food, but also pretty good. They did have steamed shrimps and cocktail sauce, much to my wife's delight. They also had a bowl of mixed nuts out, much to my delight. They did have cards out for the alcohol. It was also open all day for access to water and sodas, but not nearly the selection of The Henry."

Cheers.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:29 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Currently staying here now in one of the Colonial Suites.

Love the B&B feel of the Colonial Houses that sit on the back of the property.

That being said, at least in this room (so presumably across the entire property), they use a "bloc-o-foam" mattress instead of a real spring mattress. It certainly does not match the elegance that the rest of the property exudes
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:10 am

I stayed in the Edgar Allen Poe cottage at the back of the property a few years ago. The bed was fine then, but things might have changed.

I had to google bloc o foam mattress.

http://www.airsprungbeds.co.uk/whats...am-mattresses/

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Dearborn Inn Marriott to close in February 2023 for renovations than may take longer than a year. Employees were advised on December 1.

Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:38 pm

Does anyone have any word on when the Dearborn Inn might reopen? It looked like the renovations were in full swing when we were in town at the beginning of October, but the property isn't bookable on Marriott.com out through October 2024. I'm a little concerned that it might not be a Marriott when it reopens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.