Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dallas Marriott Downtown, TX [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dallas Marriott Downtown, TX [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Just checked out this morning. CL is physically beautiful and huge, they seem very proud of it and always a bunch of management folks monitoring what is going on.

But really sad, limited offerings at night. One thing fried (wings, potato skins, etc) and lots of cheese in various forms - that's it - no vegs, fruit, pretzels, nuts, etc, anything remotely healthy. Desert is the standard 2 plates of greasy cookies every night...

Breakfast much better, standard CL fare but many choices.

Lots of mid day noise, a tiny nap was impossible after a long jet lagged flight.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is the lounge open on the weekends? If not, are brekkie coupons offered? If not open, is it key accessible for sodas/water? Does it have i-net terminals or free wifi? If anyone knows, please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Marriott LTE, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at the hotel last week. Still construction ongoing on the lower floors but the rooms are quite nice. (the updated ones) Had to do a double take on arrival due to the completely altered check-in area as they are renovating the lobby and restaurant extensively. Looks like it will be a solid hotel in the future. As for rates, I get a nice one through my client so no need to worry for me.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
While I'm not sure it was worth a 1-year wait from "coming soon" after the Westin conversion, I must say that the lounge is one of the nicer ones around. Lots of breakfast choices - eggs, potatoes, muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, granola bars, many juices, etc. I only stopped in for sodas at night but I did see veggie tray in addition to crackers/cheese, wings, etc.

Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is the lounge open on the weekends? If not, are brekkie coupons offered? If not open, is it key accessible for sodas/water? Does it have i-net terminals or free wifi? If anyone knows, please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
It was open during the day for soda and water with a few bags of potato chips / pretzels available (but ridiculously taken away at night). Did see several PC's. Don't know the other questions.

Hopefully they are just finding their way, such a nice space otherwise...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA, MR, HH, SPG
Yep

Originally Posted by joshua362
[...] but ridiculously taken away at night [...]

Unbelievable how fast they yank things away at this hotel. I've never seen things disappear so fast at any other Marriott.

Also, make sure that you come early for breakfast. I don't think that they have enough bowls/spoons/utensils. You may find that there are food items available, but no essential items to consume said sustenance.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Stayed there on Monday. The M Lounge was open but nothing came close to pre-pandemic. No attendant in the evening, only had canned sodas, bags of chips, stale cupcakes, self-serve coffee and bottled water. A sign in the AM directs guest to lobby restaurant for breakfast. There is just no excuse not to go back to where it was.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Stayed there on Monday. The M Lounge was open but nothing came close to pre-pandemic. No attendant in the evening, only had canned sodas, bags of chips, stale cupcakes, self-serve coffee and bottled water. A sign in the AM directs guest to lobby restaurant for breakfast. There is just no excuse not to go back to where it was.
it is one of the best pandemic lounges I’ve seen!! And to be fair by stale you mean prepackage. But just getting coffee and waters and sodas is an A+ in the times of Covid. Great GM too
Old Feb 27, 2023, 11:13 am

Anyone have a more recent stay than a year ago when we were still coming out of Covid? What is the situation of the M lounge now and is it even open on weekends?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.