Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Marriott "The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" (pre-Bonvoy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Marriott "The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" (pre-Bonvoy)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
besides paying for your alternative accomodations and $100 comp, the 2 certs are, if memory serves me correctly, valid at any Marriott prop worldwide w/o cat limitation.........

IMO, worth more then the 60,000 points offered.....

Originally Posted by Anaom
Quick question.

I was recently walked from a Residence Inn. I was offered either 60000 points or the two certificates. Not knowing the limitations on the certificates, can someone shed lite on them. IE are they like the megabonus Cat 1-5 or is it any hotel? TIA

-A
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
...the 2 certs are, if memory serves me correctly, valid at any Marriott prop worldwide w/o cat limitation.........
socrates is very familiar with Marriott procedures and posted this earlier in the year:

Originally Posted by socrates
You should have received 2 - "Worldwide Ultimate" Certs ... of course these are valid "worldwide" not just at the hotel that relocated you

If you continue to have issues refer them to the SOP Database - it has a link to the order form for the certs
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
besides paying for your alternative accomodations and $100 comp, the 2 certs are, if memory serves me correctly, valid at any Marriott prop worldwide w/o cat limitation.........

IMO, worth more then the 60,000 points offered.....
Thanks MDtR-Chicago and BKKLEE for the info. I've replied back for the certificates. Ms. Anaom will be very happy.

-A
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Anaom
Quick question.

I was recently walked from a Residence Inn. I was offered either 60000 points or the two certificates. Not knowing the limitations on the certificates, can someone shed lite on them. IE are they like the megabonus Cat 1-5 or is it any hotel? TIA

-A
These are "Ultimate" Certificates....very expensive for the hotel to purchase and very easy for the guests to use pretty much anywhere
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
socrates is very familiar with Marriott procedures and posted this earlier in the year:
BTW: this SOP is changing next year - it will be much more guest friendly (I can only imagine it's a result of the issues guests have had in obtaining the correct certificate)
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
BTW: this SOP is changing next year - it will be much more guest friendly (I can only imagine it's a result of the issues guests have had in obtaining the correct certificate)
Wow. I've (knock on wood) never been walked but at least those certs probably in the vast majority of cases would more than make up for it.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wethereyet
Wow. I've (knock on wood) never been walked but at least those certs probably in the vast majority of cases would more than make up for it.
Starting 1/1/14 guests will be awarded enough points for 2 nights at a category 9 hotel (45,000 X 2) in place of the certificates so net result is the guest is still receiving the same value but should have a better experience (hotels with a current stock of the Ultimate Certificates will continue to use them until fully depleted and will begin awarding bonus points at that time)
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:50 pm
Suspended

if known, why do they use the top cat of Marriott hotels if RC charges more points, or were RCs excluded from the URG certs usage ???

Starting 1/1/14 guests will be awarded enough points for 2 nights at a category 9 hotel (45,000 X 2) in place of the certificates so net result is the guest is still receiving the same value but should have a better experience (hotels with a current stock of the Ultimate Certificates will continue to use them until fully depleted and will begin awarding bonus points at that time)
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:01 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Starting 1/1/14 guests will be awarded enough points for 2 nights at a category 9 hotel (45,000 X 2) in place of the certificates...
Wow, that's an excellent change... I suspect most people could get much, much more value out of 90k points than two nights.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like it!

BKLEE- RC was never included in the URG.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:43 pm
Suspended

but they're listed in the URG ??
and, obviously you could be walked from an RC.......
so, does that mean the certs received from being walked from an RC could not be used at an RC???
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
...... RC was never included in the URG.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Wow, that's an excellent change... I suspect most people could get much, much more value out of 90k points than two nights.
Heck, there's some Marriott's (ie, CY Seoul) that I WISH they would walk me and give me 90k points instead
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:08 am
Suspended

that should be in addition to paying for the first nights alternative accomodation and either $100 or $200 (in local currency) depending on the brand .......

Originally Posted by wethereyet
Heck, there's some Marriott's (ie, CY Seoul) that I WISH they would walk me and give me 90k points instead
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that should be in addition to paying for the first nights alternative accomodation and either $100 or $200 (in local currency) depending on the brand .......
the only thing that has changed is how the free nights are provided to the guest, the value remains the same as it was before (free alternative hotel room for the reserved night, $200 or $200 in local currency depending on brand)
Old Dec 7, 2013, 4:10 am
Suspended

previously the URG certs were only provided at non-FS props and RCs to those w P status..........will the substitute points be the same??

the only thing that has changed is how the free nights are provided to the guest, the value remains the same as it was before (free alternative hotel room for the reserved night, $200 or $200 in local currency depending on brand)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.