Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reception: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Property underwent renovation in 2015-2016, so no longer a dump. Exec lounge open on the weekends.

You do not need to pay for the Hoppa to get to the property. You can take some public buses (ie, 105, 111, 140) to/from the Ren, as it's in the 'free zone'. The Heathrow free travel zone has been suspended indefinitely effective January 1, 2021. Standard fares now apply.

Print Wikipost

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Aren’t SNAs subject to availability? They’ve been unavailable at almost every place I’ve stayed this year. If there’s one thing Marriott is consistent about it’s allowing hotels to make everything “unavailable” regardless of whether it is or not.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Disgraceful that this hotel refused to allow me to apply an SNA award. I'm not mad about not getting a suite, I'm mad that they ignore the program and opportunity to apply. What gain is there to the hotel to refuse to allow SNA's
You're going to need to give us some more details. You've very much personalised this to the hotel, but SNAs are system-driven and I think we all know the Marriott system isn't exactly running at 100% at the moment.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You're going to need to give us some more details. You've very much personalised this to the hotel, but SNAs are system-driven and I think we all know the Marriott system isn't exactly running at 100% at the moment.
I agree SteveinA2 is right to think that this hotel is working outside the Marriott system. From my experience that's exactly what they are now doing. They don't want you on the executive third floor unless you are a cash payer and will come up with any excuse to not upgrade you i.e. you have to give us 7 days advance notice in writing by snail mail if you want to be considered for an upgrade and, reception claims that the rooms and suites clearly showing as available when registering are because Marriott haven't updated the system yet.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Lizie
I agree SteveinA2 is right to think that this hotel is working outside the Marriott system. From my experience that's exactly what they are now doing. They don't want you on the executive third floor unless you are a cash payer and will come up with any excuse to not upgrade you i.e. you have to give us 7 days advance notice in writing by snail mail if you want to be considered for an upgrade and, reception claims that the rooms and suites clearly showing as available when registering are because Marriott haven't updated the system yet.
Maybe, but without any actual data points you're really just speculating here, which isn't actually particularly helpful to the OP.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:26 am

Maybe, but without any actual data points you're really just speculating here, which isn't actually particularly helpful to the OP.
We go at least once a month, we are aircraft spotters, it is widely regarded as one of the best spotters runway view hotels. My last stay was on the 24th August, prior to that the 16th August. They will not upgrade you.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:49 am

We go at least once a month, we are aircraft spotters, it is widely regarded as one of the best spotters runway view hotels. My last stay was on the 24th August, prior to that the 16th August. They will not upgrade you.
So how in your experience have they configured the SNA system?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:24 am

So how in your experience have they configured the SNA system?
Well I'm sure you don't want to be spoon fed so perhaps you could make a booking and offer suggestions based on your experience.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Stayed here this week. Titanium. No upgrade (hotel wasn’t full).

When you do mobile checkin. They literally just throw envelope at you and say: room blablabla. And that’s it. Really rude’ish staff at reception.

Points didn’t post correctly too so make sure to doublecheck. Only got like 350 base points or so haha.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I stay here quite a bit, most recently last week. Never get a suite but I didn't realise they had any tbh (it's an airport crash-pad). I've always had pleasant and efficient service at the front desk, always had the points post correctly. And while the lounge isn't the most refined of its type, anywhere that has direct runway views, and ajdacent bus stop and pretty much unlimited wine and cheese in the evening is very good with me. Pretty good value rates, too - I paid £72 last time, which compares well to the significantly less convenient Moxy further up the road at £49.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just booked a single night here for a Sunday night in April. Rate of 58 GBP, and 10 PM arrival with 6 AM departure means I don't really have a concern about breakfasts / lounge / upgrades, so seems like a no-brainer. Just need a place to crash between flights.

My only question is about any info or tips on getting back and forth on the bus(es)? There was a link to a map in the overall LHR thread, but it leads to a dead end now.
From Google Maps, seems the buses run during the times I need them, and are a mix of H and numbers. Assume the "H" designates Hoppa and the number are the free bus service?

My first time using an LHR hotel...
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Originally Posted by goodeats21
From Google Maps, seems the buses run during the times I need them, and are a mix of H and numbers. Assume the "H" designates Hoppa and the number are the free bus service?
Yes, the "H" buses are the (fairly expensive and not always reliably timetabled) Hoppa buses. The free local bus services are on this map. Briefly, there are several free options to Heathrow Central Bus Station (for T2 & T3); The 423 runs direct to T5. Getting to T4 by bus is trickier: the 555 is generally only once an hour, so transiting via T5, or via Heathrow Central (and then a free rail link) is probably better.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Zinzan
Yes, the "H" buses are the (fairly expensive and not always reliably timetabled) Hoppa buses. The free local bus services are on this map. Briefly, there are several free options to Heathrow Central Bus Station (for T2 & T3); The 423 runs direct to T5. Getting to T4 by bus is trickier: the 555 is generally only once an hour, so transiting via T5, or via Heathrow Central (and then a free rail link) is probably better.
Great Map! Thanks for providing.

I am arriving and departing Terminal 2, so looks pretty easy. Buses 105, 140, 111, or 285. Just hop on the first one that shows up, and Renaissance will be the 2nd stop, right?

This almost seems too easy. LOL
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
For those arriving T5 and departing T3

This was my route:

From T5 of LHR to Renaissance Hotel LHR: After exiting the arrival hall, turn right to Local Bus Stand # 8 and take Bus 423 (single deck, red colored) to the Renaissance Hotel. several stops later we arrived. We asked driver to tell us when/where to get off. He did! The hotel should be visible from the bus as well.

Check in at hotel was professional with elite recognition and UG to 37th floor. Executive lounge is on the same floor. Canape hours starts from 5pm. Don’t expect too much. Lounge is small but has the runway view.

Buses going from hotel to T3 are (that's where I needed to go): #111, 105, 140 & 285 all operating 24/7 hours. The bus stop is located at the far end (from front door) of hotel.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
You're welcome.

Yes, leaving from the Central Bus Station, any of those four buses will do you. You'll want to get off at either Nene Road (Stop BJ) or Boltons Lane (Stop BK), and then cross the main Bath Road (A4) at the nearest traffic lights junction to get to the Renaissance. These are the third and fourth stops after departing from the Central Bus Station, but all stops are indicated in the buses.

Returning to the Central Bus Station from the Renaissance is even easier: just turn left outside the hotel entrance and get the first available bus at Nene Road (Stop BM) - this is the last stop before the Central Bus Station.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
!

Originally Posted by Zinzan
Returning to the Central Bus Station from the Renaissance is even easier: just turn left outside the hotel entrance and get the first available bus at Nene Road (Stop BM) - this is the last stop before the Central Bus Station.
EXACTLY. The Renaissance is the best-positioned hotel for free buses to the airport. There are a half dozen buses you can take.

AVOID THE RIP-OFF HOPPA! From the Renaissance, Marriott or Skyline, the Hoppa will actually take longer than the free buses.
Wembleygal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.