Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reception: [email protected]
Other: [email protected]

Property underwent renovation in 2015-2016, so no longer a dump. Exec lounge open on the weekends.

You do not need to pay for the Hoppa to get to the property. You can take some public buses (ie, 105, 111, 140) to/from the Ren, as it's in the 'free zone'. The Heathrow free travel zone has been suspended indefinitely effective January 1, 2021. Standard fares now apply.

Print Wikipost

Renaissance London Heathrow LHR Hotel, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JTman
The service centre have confirmed that the Renassiance have decided not to award points or nights for certain corporate rates - this was neither pre-paid not booked through a 3rd party. The booking confirmations state that the stay will be credited to my rewards account. In addition they have failed to award me my platinium arrival gift when I selected points.
I don't think a property individually can make that decision, unless it was done in conjunction w/ a specific corporation's buy-in to get a cheap rate. You might want to check w/ your corp travel dept to see if that's the case.

Also, if the bill is a master bill to the corp & not to your own personal or business cc, then that would mean no nights/points/stay credit.

I would also PM Marriott Concierge & ask him/her to check into whether your corp has some special deal, or if the Ren is making up its own rules. I think there would be major mayhem w/ corporations if the LHR Ren decided that ALL corp rates don't qualify for points.

Also what I would do is fax in your folio as a missing stay request. I wouldn't even mention the alleged new policy. I'd also ask for the 500 points at the same time when you fax in the missing stay request.

My stays usually post properly at this property, but usually the 500 points don't & I just call the Marriott Rewards CS & mention it verbally & they post them.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:20 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Is there is a more recent thread? I'm especially interested in finding out the Executive Lounge breakfast and evening appetizer hours, so that I can figure out if my timing is going to work out or I should just stay someplace cheaper.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by stc
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Is there is a more recent thread? I'm especially interested in finding out the Executive Lounge breakfast and evening appetizer hours, so that I can figure out if my timing is going to work out or I should just stay someplace cheaper.
There are more recent reports (including all the renovations), although they might be buried in the "family" thread re: LHR airport properties. Usually the LHR Ren is the cheaper of the Marriott properties.

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stc
I stayed at the LHR Ren about one year ago. Renovations have made this place very nice, and the lounge is first rate, if you have access.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I stay here three or four times a year. The whole hotel has been thoroughly spiffed up in an expensive refurb and it's certainly up to Marriott standards now. Alas, prices have firmed up, and Ł50 weekends are no longer possible, but as there's plenty of hotels in the area, prices haven't increased outrageously and I would say the already good exec lounge is even better now. If you have to be in LHR, this is one of the best places to be for the money
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:34 pm

Wonder if we should contact the mod re: changing the title to just reflect Ren LHR, since it doesn't appear to be a 'dump'.

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I stayed at the Ren a few months ago. The refurbished rooms are a world apart from the dated, well-worn rooms I experienced years before. As BrightlyBob noted, prices are rising, though that's true broadly across the travel industry and is not limited to this one property. Nevertheless I got a nonrefundable MR member rate of 60 quid on my last stay, a fine price for what the hotel has become.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Wonder if we should contact the mod re: changing the title to just reflect Ren LHR, since it doesn't appear to be a 'dump'.
Done.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:43 am

Can someone report back on whether the exec lounge is open or closed on the weekends? If closed, what do they do about brekkie on the weekends?

Thx. Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:11 pm

Can someone report back on whether the exec lounge is open or closed on the weekends? If closed, what do they do about brekkie on the weekends?

Thx. Cheers.
It is open at weekends.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by JonP
It is open at weekends.
Thanks. I was doing some updates on the exec lounge sticky & the last update for the property it was closed. I'll make the change to reflect that it's open.

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:23 pm

Is the Hoppa bus required to get to the airport? I guess it's not really walkable, huh? Flying out Virgin Atlantic, so Terminal 3.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
Is the Hoppa bus required to get to the airport? I guess it's not really walkable, huh? Flying out Virgin Atlantic, so Terminal 3.
No Hoppa is not required to get to the airport from the Ren.

The 'free' local bus will take you there. The Ren is the last stop before Heathrow. Well technically the Ren. Walk out of the Ren, make a right, walk 50 ft, & there will be a bus stop. The bus will drop you off at LHR, follow the signs to the terminals (a very short walk), take the short escalator down, & then follow the signs to T3. If you're not sure it's the right bus ( there are a few of them that go to LHR & also other places, just ask the bus driver - Heathrow?).

Done that many a time.

Cheers.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
No Hoppa is not required to get to the airport from the Ren.
If you ask the concierge he will give you a little list of the buses that will take you to LHR. At a minimum, 105, 111, and 140 will get you to terminals 2,3&4. You need a different bus for terminal 5.

Out of all the LHR-area airports, I've found this one easiest to get to via bus. Coming from LHR, just go to the central bus stop, hop on one of the aforementioned buses and get off at the stop just past the Texaco station. Hotel is right across the road.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Buses in the green shaded area are free and frequent ^

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.