Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Imperial, Durham, NC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Imperial, Durham, NC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Moriens
The Sheraton Imperial is much better than the other two Sheratons in this area.

The Four Points at Southpoint (in Durham) is also nice, though the atrium-style layout makes it loud during (relatively uncommon) evening events.

The Marriotts at RTP and Crabtree are both quite decent.
Thanks! I just went ahead and booked the Imperial - and even managed to snag a C&P rate.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/14 - 8/15

Location: This is essentially an RDU Airport Hotel if you need it to be. It's on the Page Road Exit of I-40 which is two exits away from RDU. This makes it about a 20 minute drive to Downtown Raleigh and 10 minutes to Downtown Durham with no traffic. The hotel is in an upscale office park and is near several really nice restaurants just up Page Road.

Hotel: The property is quite large with a pool, a number of banquet and meeting rooms, a huge lobby which has a bar and restaurant and seating area with book exchange as well as a business center. The parking lot is big and parking is free, though walks to the hotel can be long.

Check In: I arrived at almost Midnight and was greeted by a very helpful agent. She explained the restaurant and wifi, asked me what Gold benefit I wanted (though I was stuck with points as the bar was already closed ), asked me if I had a floor preference and thanked me for my loyalty.

Room: I was put on the 8th Floor which is a SPG floor. A little on the older side, but everything was in good shape. They had added outlets by the bed (though they only worked for two prong chargers), and there was also a good sized desk. The bathroom was also a good size and had good water pressure and the Wifi worked well. There was also free water bottles in the room.

This hotel is usually quite cheap on weekends and works very well for RDU Airport stays. I'd gladly be back.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC hotel guests can use the serious gym (Gold's?) next door, across the parking lot with a path/sidewalk.

Also IIRC the pool is outdoor.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC hotel guests can use the serious gym (Gold's?) next door, across the parking lot with a path/sidewalk.

Also IIRC the pool is outdoor.
You certainly recall correctly on the pool. The gym is not a Gold's and it wasn't open when I was there anyway. That's interesting to know about the gym as the front desk agent didn't mention it to me.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
A stereotypical Sheraton. Lots of brown. Doesn't appear to have been updated recently.

The only availability on C&P was a Double Room, so I booked that. However I noted a preference for a King Bed but that wasn't provided, not to mention no Platinum suite upgrade. No big deal, just a one night stay, although both beds were really quite soft and uncomfortable, sagging quite noticeably in the middle.

Lounge was decent. 2 free alcoholic drinks are provided - beer and wine. The snacks were some deep fried chicken wings and some veggies. Not bad for a North American Sheraton really.

Breakfast was late being brought out in the morning however and mostly consisted of a quiche and some bread/bagels.

Shuttle runs TO the airport once an hour on the hour. However when I arrived a few minutes before 7, I saw the shuttle pull away. I was even less impressed when the doorman offered to call me a taxi - eventually they agreed to run me over to the airport in another shuttle, since they did admit that the shuttle left too early. Once an hour really isn't good enough for an airport hotel, although I suspect many guests are there for the nearby businesses. For shuttle pick-up from the airport, you need to call, although there are airport courtesy phones that connect to the hotel.

All in all, a mediocre Sheraton that could use some renovation and some more attention to service details...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.