Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2 For 1 Dining EEO Certs - International Properties - Valid through 10/10/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

I don't get why the dining certs don't match the BOGO certs, but fyi re: int'l properties on the 2-for-1 on the dining certs at int'l Marriotts & Rens. And some of the Marriotts actually include resorts!

RENAISSANCE

Participating International Locations

- Manchester Renaissance Hotel City Centre
- Renaissance Zurich Hotel
- Renaissance Cologne Hotel
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel
- Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
- Renaissance Sao Paulo

MARRIOTT
International locations
Outside the U.S., this offer is valid at the following hotels:

- Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
- Hollins Hall, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club
- Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
- Preston Marriott Hotel
- Leeds Marriott Hotel
- Manchester Marriott Victoria and Albert Hotel
- Sunderland Marriott Hotel
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
- Northampton Marriott Hotel
- Peterborough Marriott Hotel
- Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
- Cologne Marriott Hotel
- Berlin Marriott Hotel
- Brussels Marriott Hotel
- Lisboa Marriott Hotel
- Athens Ledra Marriott
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa
- CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
- Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 8:01 pm

Thanks. I didn't even think to check the dining EEO's - I just assumed they wouldn't be good at resorts. We'll be at the JW Guanacaste next month, so the certificate will definitely save a few bucks.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:53 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Couple of questions on this.

1. The certificates are for entrees, which in Edinburgh last year they insisted was just a starter, so the saving was literally a few bucks. Is this so, I always understood the entree to be the main meal.

2. Can I use multiple certs? I am staying at Hollins Hall in a fortnight and have 4 rooms totalling 8 guests. I've booked into the restaurant there, can I print off 4 certs so getting half the meals free, or just use one cert, thus only getting one meal (which may only be a starter) FOC. I am the only MR member in the group.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tvetter01
Thanks. I didn't even think to check the dining EEO's - I just assumed they wouldn't be good at resorts. We'll be at the JW Guanacaste next month, so the certificate will definitely save a few bucks.
* Print out the list which shows JW Guanacaste as being eligible & bring it w/, just as a back-up to show it's valid there. Don't forget the cert too!

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Couple of questions on this.

1. The certificates are for entrees, which in Edinburgh last year they insisted was just a starter, so the saving was literally a few bucks. Is this so, I always understood the entree to be the main meal.

2. Can I use multiple certs? I am staying at Hollins Hall in a fortnight and have 4 rooms totalling 8 guests. I've booked into the restaurant there, can I print off 4 certs so getting half the meals free, or just use one cert, thus only getting one meal (which may only be a starter) FOC. I am the only MR member in the group.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
1. Entree = main. Starter = appetizer. It does not say free starter or free appetizer; it says free entree. So I'd hold the restaurant to that. I'd also PM MariottConcierge to get a definitive answer, and print the response/bring it w/ when traveling (or maybe ask MC to post in this thread).

2. If the bill for the meal is going under a single room/person, my guess is you'll be limited to one free 'entree'. If you've got 4 tables of 2 w/ being signed to dif rooms, I'd guess you could use the multiple certs. That's just my guess though.

Cheers.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:14 am

In British English "entrée" is generally still used as a term for a starter or appetizer and not for the main course, following French usage.

If these certificates are to be used internationally, maybe a term which is unambiguous such as 'main course' would be better to be used to avoid such confusion.

Last edited by jedikiah; Jun 24, 2010 at 4:12 am
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Following the advice on this thread I have sent MarriottConcierge the following message:-

Hi MC,

A new thread has been started about the BOGOF for meals at certain hotels and I posted the following:-

"Couple of questions on this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance"

The responses on the thread were pretty unclear and SkiAdcock (who started the thread) suggested you might be able to provide a definitive answer on the thread itself.

Could you look into this? I would confirm my booking for Hollins Hall is 4 rooms each with 2 guests, if that makes any difference on the multiple use for one table question.

Thanks,

Bob

I will relay the reply, unless of course MC posts to the thread...
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:02 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello all,

To offer some clarification on the 2 for 1 dining certificates. Entree does mean main course. A starter would be an appetizer. Please remember that there are some special menu items that hotels can choose to exclude from the certificate.

EEO's are transferable however, on the certificate it states only one can be used per member, so multiple certificates cannot be used for one dinner.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:56 am
In memoriam

Many thanks for your prompt reply Marie ^
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

To offer some clarification on the 2 for 1 dining certificates. Entree does mean main course. A starter would be an appetizer. Please remember that there are some special menu items that hotels can choose to exclude from the certificate.

EEO's are transferable however, on the certificate it states only one can be used per member, so multiple certificates cannot be used for one dinner.

I hope this helps to answer some of your questions.

Kind regards,

Marie
Seems like EEOs are transferable. Would a gold/platinum member be willing to provide me with a dining certificate at a Marriott for a stay on Aug 20 please? I'm Silver now, so alas not eligible any more.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
Seems like EEOs are transferable. Would a gold/platinum member be willing to provide me with a dining certificate at a Marriott for a stay on Aug 20 please? I'm Silver now, so alas not eligible any more.
If you would PMme your email I would be glad to email it to you
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Bumping. Would a gold/platinum be willing to send me a BOGO cert please?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Bumping. Would a gold/platinum be willing to send me a BOGO cert please?
Last month jan_az offered to email you one if you PM'd her your email address. Did you not do so?

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Last month jan_az offered to email you one if you PM'd her your email address. Did you not do so?

Cheers.
Already done.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: MR PLT, HH Blue, DL, CO, Avis Preferred, Hertz President Circle, National Emerald, IHG, Omni GLD
HI I need some help, I am a Platinum member but have never seen or received these certificates, I have several trips scheduled to full service Marriotts and would love to take advantage!!! How can I retrieve them?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by fandresva
HI I need some help, I am a Platinum member but have never seen or received these certificates, I have several trips scheduled to full service Marriotts and would love to take advantage!!! How can I retrieve them?
Log on to your account and click on "Platinum Offers". May have to scroll through a few to find what you are looking for. There are 4 BOGO's - Marriott room, M dinner, Ren room, Ren dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.