Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Brooklyn, New York [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Brooklyn, New York [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2010, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, AA, HILTON, MARRIOTT, SPG
Arrow Sheraton Brooklyn, New York [Master Thread]

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel opens today (May 20, 2010) and I have a couple rooms booked for my business trip to NYC. I'll post pictures and give a full review after check in.

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
228 Duffield Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201 United States
Phone: (718) 855-1900

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...ropertyID=1727
Old May 21, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
Checked in yesterday for one night. Waited 10 minutes at the SPG Platinum counter because they had problem locating the reservation for the couple before me.

Booked the tranditional room and was upgraded to the club floor. Platinum status was recognized and offered the choice of 500 points or free movie. I checked my iPhone prior to check in and saw they had deluxe room available for sale & asked about the upgrade, but I was told that they only had standard rooms available and the deluxe room should be pulled out of inventory.

The room size was around 200 sqft, looked nice & clean. I had problem connecting to the internet, after two trips to the front desk still couldn't get it resolved. The central AC unit doesn't seem to work because the meter in my room was at 77 degree all night even though it felt like 70 and I set it to 60 tried to cool it down.

The staff were all friendly and tried very hard even though there are some glitches in the system. I have another reservation coming up in a few days and will see how they improved.

Last edited by burnsy0118; May 21, 2010 at 10:50 am
Old May 21, 2010, 10:10 am
Community Director Emerita

Great first post, burnsy0118. Welcome to the Starwood forum. I hope that you stick around.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
The room looks very Westin-ish and the shower looks very W-ish!

Looks nice.
Old May 21, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks very nice indeed.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Is the club lounge open yet? What about the fitness center / jacuzzi?

I'm considering staying there over Sunday night to check it out.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Stylish, but small! Wow, do they need to go this small in Brooklyn? This is not midtown Manhattan, the standard room at the Marriott Brooklyn is around 400sqft! Nonetheless, I might try this new place in August.
Old May 21, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
I didn't ask about the lounge since I had to leave early in the morning. I did saw a note on my desk saying one of the club floor benefits includes breakfast & evening hors d'oeuvres in the lounge. There are also two bottles of water in the room for free. I say give them a call and find out if the lounge is open.

Yes the room felt small. I think it's the same size as the room at Four Points Times Square. I don't really mind the small rooms as long as it's clean.
Old May 22, 2010, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Club Room

Yes the Club Lounge is closed and not open yet. Funny though they were sending all SPG members to the Club Floor and telling them that they had full access to the lounge, but the lounge is not due to open for another week.

Old May 22, 2010, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

PICTURES of EAST VIEW ROOM (23rd Floor, Club Floor)

Here are pictures of the largest double bed room available on the Club Level 23rd Floor. Overall room is tight, but not as tight as West Facing Rooms.

VIEWS FROM EAST FACING ROOM

ROOM

BATHROOM

DESK & TV & CLOSET

Old May 22, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

PICTURES of WEST VIEW ROOM (23rd Floor, Club Floor)

Here are pictures of the double bed room available on the Club Level 23rd Floor. West facing rooms are tighter than east facing, and if notice there is little space available between the bed and window. Also the shower was glass compared with a curtain in west facing rooms.

VIEWS FROM WEST FACING ROOM

BATHROOM

VIEWS FROM ROOM

ROOM

Old May 22, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flavatravel
Yes the Club Lounge is closed and not open yet. Funny though they were sending all SPG members to the Club Floor and telling them that they had full access to the lounge, but the lounge is not due to open for another week.

Did they comp breakfast for you due to the lounge not being open (if you're a plat)?
Old May 22, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Any pics of public areas, halls, entrance, club lounge, restaurant, pool, gym, etc...?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Old May 22, 2010, 5:40 pm

Is there a rooftop lounge as described in the website & press release, did anyone see the deluxe rooms with private terrace?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Old May 23, 2010, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I love it when the newbies come in, write post that include pictures!

Good Job!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.