Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Alternate: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Option 3 - Opera House view.

I've had both Opera House and Harbour Bridge and preferred the SOH view.

Not done city but I've stayed in other Sydney hotels with a city view and its not that special compared to the other two.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If you're staying more than a couple days, I'd suggest the junior suite. I was upgraded to one on my last visit and enjoyed the extra room. It had a partial bridge view.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was in a partial bridge view room and not much of a view.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
This hotel was my first Marriott stay as a Platinum after the merger. No suite but I was told I was upgraded to a "high floor with a view of the bridge". I got an impossibly tiny room with a view of a bunch of office buildings but if I pushed my face against the glass and looked off to the right, I could see the bridge. #notimpressed
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:42 am

Fyi, this was our bridge view.
Originally Posted by eakcats
I’m looking for advice regarding the best room to book at this property:
Option 1: Bridge view, guest room, 1 king or 2 double, Partial bridge view
Option 2: Junior suite, 1 king, city view
Option 3: Opera House view, guest room, 1 king, partial Harbor view

There is no significant difference between the rates for each room. The Deluxe City view, guest room,1 king, is also available in the same price range, but the three options above look like better values for the price. I’ve stayed at other hotels where a partial view is still really good.....and at hotels where the partial view is really no view unless you are a contortionist. As I’ve never stayed at this hotel before (although this is not my first trip to Sydney), I would appreciate feedback on the likely quality of the view in the partial view options as well as feedback from anyone who has stayed in a junior suite.

Which room option would you recommend?

Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
More like a , Park Hyatt view!
Old May 15, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
What can I expect from this property as a Platinum Premier booking on points? I asked the agent on the phone for an upgrade request, and they put that note in my reservation. This is really where I see the Ambassador program really being useful.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Gold
I just wrapped up a stay here as a gold member. Overall, I had a good experience. Got in early, took a shower at the early arrivals lounge, had breakfast in the executive lounge, and then was notified my room was ready, which was an upgraded bridge view room. Similar to what manda99 posted the bridge is off in the corner view. The only downside of the room was that there were no outlets next to the bed.

I'll be staying at the Pier One in a couple weeks and am interested to see how they compare.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Just finished a 7 night stay on points as a Platinum Premier. Got upgraded to the highest floor 1 bdrm Spa Suite!

Overall, the service at the property was excellent. Lounge was great, offered breakfast and heavy hors d'oeuvres every evening, including weekends. Beer and wine was also free at the lounge in the evenings. Location was spectacular, and having the Vivid festival close by was a treat.

Even though my room was large, the room was somewhat dated, and the beds were really soft, it wasn't the most comfortable Marriott room I've been in. Elevators were really slow.

They are really accommodating to early arrivals, and when I arrived at 8AM, I was offered the early arrivals lounge to take a shower, and a key to the lounge for breakfast. 2 hours later, at 10AM, my room was ready, much earlier than I expected.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Upgrade in Sydney circular quay

Booked a $234 room and when got to the hotel last night upgraded to floor 30over looking the bridge $401

thanka Marriott!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: air new zealand
hi

sorry to disturb.. any one has been upgrade to the the duplex room? full name is

Duplex Suite

Executive level, 2 Bedroom Bi-level Loft, Opera House view, Partial harbor view

i searched the marriott website, and bookings and other sites. no reviews found...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:35 pm

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular quay

I will stay at this hotel for my coming trip, but unable to find the email of Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular quay. If anyone has an email of this hotel, please share.
And, does this hotel allow early check in if room available . I am in low range loyalty with Marriott so I just hope I can take a shower after a long international flight and can change to a new set of clothes.
Please advise and thank you
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I will stay at this hotel for my coming trip, but unable to find the email of Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular quay. If anyone has an email of this hotel, please share.
And, does this hotel allow early check in if room available . I am in low range loyalty with Marriott so I just hope I can take a shower after a long international flight and can change to a new set of clothes.
Please advise and thank you
If your room, or room type is available when you arrive, I am pretty sure they will let you check in. Otherwise, get a shower at the gym before heading out for the day.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:20 pm

Has anyone had success getting the platinum breakfast at the restaurant rather than the lounge, without paying an extra charge? The lounge breakfast does not sound that good.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
If you do find a generic email address for the hotel, please create a wiki and add it to this thread. I was just in Sydney and forgot to stop by the hotel to ask (I was at the Sheraton and got their email). Otherwise, I'll try to remember when I go back next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.