Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SeattleAmber
Has anyone had any luck finding self-parking at this property? Planning a two night stay and definitely not feeling $25/night for parking in Milwaukee...there's got to be a better option.
There's some information on cheap local public parking in the Milwaukee Hyatt Regency thread, in the Hyatt forum on FT. The Hyatt is farther south, about a block from the river walk, and on the side with the sports and convention centers.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
There is street parking immediately adjacent to the Aloft, but the City of Milwaukee generally prohibits overnight street parking. However, you can apply for a Night Parking Permission that does allow overnight parking (free) for certain streets until the paid parking starts again in the morning. It is really just a matter of logging into http://mpw.milwaukee.gov/services/np_permission, and entering the block address and vehicle information, but it has to be done before 1:00AM.

I haven't stayed there for about a year or so, but I believe that Night Parking Permissions were available for most of the adjacent streets though YMMV. At least some of the parking at the property is in the outside lot which isn't supervised in the evening, parking immediately adjacent wouldn't seem to carry much additional risk if that is a concern.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Any recent recent experiences here? Thinking of staying here for a couple of nights because of the location...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Any recent recent experiences here? Thinking of staying here for a couple of nights because of the location...
The garage we used to park in overnight no longer exists. Our choices were to self park in the lot across the river for $18 or valet for $27 -- the car ends up in that lot either way.

We chose valet only because we had late checkout and the $18 overnight ends at 10AM. I held my nose and paid the $27.

I live about 90 minutes from Milwaukee and we wanted a nice night in the city, but I like the other 2 SPG properties much better -- neither of them are in the city, however.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi, I am thinking to do a side trip from Chicago to Milwaukee for a night.

I guess Aloft (USD 185) is the only choice downtown given the Westin is still not open.

How about comparing to Marriott brand like Fairfield (USD 147) or Courtyard Downtown (USD 197) or Residence Inn (USD 184).

The Marriotts seem closer to the Intermodal station.

Any comment?
Old May 20, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
So , I have a corporate booking here in June and when I tried to link the reservation to my bonvoy account I ended up in a SIngapore call centre as I called from Australia

They couldn't find any thing as the aloft reservation is 6 numbers and her system would only accept an 8 digit reservation

She is emailing the property and will get back to me ASAP....... so I am told

The marriott page doesn't see the reservation either but it might be under a corporate name, I sent it back to our HQ

Hopefully I can get the reservation added to my bonvoy account

Cheers
Old May 20, 2019, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Normally Starwood/Starriott/Marriott reservation confirmation numbers are eight digits (with no letters) but I sometimes get a particularly low number that's only seven digits, so six is probably possible too, but should be very rare. The low numbers I've seen don't use a leading zero, but maybe this is done in the system the agents see, so you might try asking for the reservation number starting with two zeros and your existing number.

BTW, the Starwood Singapore call center always seemed to be very good.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Normally Starwood/Starriott/Marriott reservation confirmation numbers are eight digits (with no letters) but I sometimes get a particularly low number that's only seven digits, so six is probably possible too, but should be very rare. The low numbers I've seen don't use a leading zero, but maybe this is done in the system the agents see, so you might try asking for the reservation number starting with two zeros and your existing number.

BTW, the Starwood Singapore call center always seemed to be very good.
follow up, our internal person called and they put my number on the room and now in the app there is a new 8 digit reservation code

she said the 6 digit was an internal group booking, there are 25 of us

all worked great, now I need all 25 rooms for 3 days to go to my account...... lol
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/11 to 6/12

Location: The hotel is located on the corner of Juneau and MLK in what's known as the Deer District. It's a block from the arena the Bucks play at and a bunch of other restaurants and bars. It's about a 12 minute ride to MKE and my Ubers cost me about $25 each way.

Hotel: The hotel is a pretty standard Aloft though it's on a small piece of real estate. Parking is $39 a night, valet only, but you can find cheaper lots around. There's a 24 hour fitness center, bar that's open until midnight, a small pool and the typical nice Aloft lobby with games and the well stocked pantry area.

Check In: The agent who checked me in was very friendly and thanked me for being Titanium, told me I was upgraded to a river view room and offered me points or breakfast vouchers

Room: Typical for an Aloft. Pretty small with everything open. On the plus sides there was a large, comfortable bed with outlets next to it and a desk. The shower took a while to get hot and there was an odd mix of toiletries. The design of these rooms does little for me, the lack of bathroom door, lack of privacy etc.

While I may not be a big fan of the Aloft brand in general, the location was great and the service was great so I'd happily come back.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.