Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)

SPG shows it's a "NEW" property. I booked for one night on May 15th before I go to CHI the next day for a conference. Anyone have any info about the property or how long it's been open?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Alofts are all very cookie cutter. Nice places to stay look at other reviews of Alofts and you will find out 90% of what you are looking for
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:16 am
Original Poster

thanks nacho. i'm sure the rooms can't be that bad since it looks like it opened in early december. was hoping someone had stayed recently and could comment on the immediate area and restaurants/public trans and such... which i should have specified in the OP
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mrredskin
thanks nacho. i'm sure the rooms can't be that bad since it looks like it opened in early december. was hoping someone had stayed recently and could comment on the immediate area and restaurants/public trans and such... which i should have specified in the OP
You might want to ask that question in the Travel&Dining: Destination >> United States>>Midwest forum.

Your likely to have a broader/wider audience as those that do not visit the SPG forum might read that forum.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
I stayed there a couple of months ago for a night or two. It is central, several restaurants/bars within walking distance, and as with all aLofts, it looks the same as the other ones.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:55 am
Original Poster

I'm assuming the only rooms are king and two queen/double? no club floor or upgrades at aLofts?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
I'm assuming the only rooms are king and two queen/double? no club floor or upgrades at aLofts?
That is correct.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Thank ya
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
no club floor or upgrades at aLofts?
Never any elite upgrades at aloft or Element, per SPG policy. An upgrade might be scored at check-in or with points.

That said, I just booked a room for family with my points and noticed a "1 King Aloft Suite" room pop up as a selection, for the same price. I'll report back after their stay on what exactly that means.

I stayed there this summer and thought it fine. It's quite similar to other alofts (I've also stayed at Lexington and Minneapolis), which is to be expected, but the bar seems busier since it draws some walk-in traffic. It's bounded by the riverwalk and Third Street, which has several Wisconsin/German themed restaurants and such. Downtown's main shopping area is a few blocks south, and many restaurants and brewpubs can be found up and down the riverwalk, from Lakefront Brewery in the north down to the Milwaukee Ale House in the south to Water Street Brewery across the river.

As for public transit, many tourists will only need to remember one local bus route that covers both the near north and near south side neighborhoods; it conveniently stops just across the river. The hotel is a mile north of the intermodal station, where intercity buses & trains stop (including the hourly Wisconsin Coach bus to MKE and ORD).
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Update: there might be one suite per floor. It's a standard King room, with a small additional sitting/dining room attached, in an inside corner of the building. Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paytonc/5406224968/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paytonc/5405620195/

It seems that I got charged 2800 points + $99 for the suite on Cash & Points; never seem that before. Oh well.

Last edited by paytonc; Jan 31, 2011 at 5:15 pm
Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Stinks that there's a 2 night minimum for this hotel on some weekends. Wanted to stay just June 11th but it's not a valid check-in date.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Aloft Milwaukee Downtown

Just checked into this property. Asked front desk for a razor. He said sure, that will be 12 USD plus tax. Are you kidding me. Really. Starwood, this is a joke.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Wildfan88
Just checked into this property. Asked front desk for a razor. He said sure, that will be 12 USD plus tax. Are you kidding me. Really. Starwood, this is a joke.
I guess you'll go to the drug store, right?
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Aloft Milwaukee Downtown

Walgreens in the morning before my 1st meeting. What a hassle.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Has anyone had any luck finding self-parking at this property? Planning a two night stay and definitely not feeling $25/night for parking in Milwaukee...there's got to be a better option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.