Search

W Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast

Did you get a chance to take the cable car?

David
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you get a chance to take the cable car?

David
Nope, too much morning cava! Couldn't handle the swaying!
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Upgraded to a Fabulous Sky King the day before arrival and offered a choice of that or a Harbor-facing suite at check-in - they recommended I take the Fabulous Sky for the view, which I did, and was definitely the right choice
@ElevatorEnthusiast What did you book initially? We are considering this hotel for an upcoming trip.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
@ElevatorEnthusiast What did you book initially? We are considering this hotel for an upcoming trip.
I booked the base Cozy King room.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
From the Check in until the Checkout I had a Wonderful stay.

I experienced a warm welcome from mr. J when checking in and was very happy with the delicious Welcome amenities in my room.
As always a warm welcome with mrs F and mrs A who organised my stay. I liked my Welcome amenities this time so much!
I was impressed with my (vegan) dinner / breakfast experiences in Fire and Coya and enjoyed the Spa area almost every day. Service was almost everywhere friendly except once with the concierge.
As always I enjoyed my bath in the suite, and the W bed is one of the best. I appreciated my fresh coffee with almond milk in the morning.

I do had a “struggle”with Housekeeping and lost my nice blue Sheraton Rio cap in the room, which I regret very very much. Not for the value but for my best memories of Rio. The hotel tried to find it, but it seems it just disappeared….

I experience Warm and friendly services almost everywhere, it made me really feel at home again. I have returned here so many times and know the hotel from the start. However ….with the concierge desk I did have a less pleasant contact regarding the rent of bikes in a shop nearby.

This shop is really close to the hotel, its called Scooter House, Pg. de Joan de Borbó, 80-84, on the left side of the road.

Vegan dinners in the restaurants Fire and Coya were wonderful.
The vegan dishes in Fire makes you just mouthwatering, sometime the dishes are just a piece of Art. Service is very friendly and manager I. from Venezuela manages the restaurant with so much Passion! Its even possible to have dinner on the terrace in summer, but when the wind is blowing no dinners are served outside.

The only downside in Fire is for me the BANGING electro music from the Lounge. It just interferes with the experience of tasting the excellent food, it just distracts the attention from the delicious dishes. And it sometimes gives me just a headache. For me its a little disappointing, even though this is a W Brand, one could expect music which integrates more with the dinner experience. Just like restaurant Coya! Having music in a restaurant is of a different kind than the music in a lounge/bar is my sincere opinion.

I did have a talk with the managers but they do refer to the W Brand and other guest who like to have this Banging electro music. I regret.

The hotel offers now also restaurant Coya, a Peruan restaurant withtranscendental beats and a special interior. Its location is where restaurant Bravo used to be some years ago. The restaurant offers a nice cozy terrace, and its great to have dinner here in summer. The vegan dishes are delicious and tasty. Service is friendly and special. It’s just quite a special experience and made me come back!.

On the topfloor you can find the new restaurant Noxe. It used to be Eclipse, but now its transformed to a stylish Japanese restaurant and lounge bar with the best view you can ever imagine! I only had a nice Spring Mocktail, did not have dinner since the vegan options are very limited and small. I experienced the lounge as a little cramped, sitting on a couch with other guest on a row. But ofcourse this area is just limited in space. The layout of the restaurant seems more spacious. Many of guests are into posting Social Media pictures, in front of the nice views and beautiful entrance. Its not so much “my cup of tea”…

I enjoyed the pools and the Spa, and preferred the warm indoor pool. The Turkish Bath and Sauna should not be missed for some relaxation after a good swim. I experience the dressing room/shower as too small and limited without any privacy. In my opinion it should really need a change, please more space/privacy!

Breakfast buffet is a feast and extensive, what more could you Wish for? I am pleased so many healthy options ( cereals, fresh fruits, juices, etc ) are available. The a la carte gives you more options, f.i. vegan like porridge, vegan cheese and cold cuts. In general I am not a fan of vegan cold cuts, but this option is of a very good quality and is tasteful. I do think it should offer also vegan pancakes! Would love them with some fruits! I liked to have breakfast on the nice terrace. Service is in general excellent and mrs A, is just the shining star of the breakfast experience. I know her from the start of the hotel and it makes me feel home just to see here.

Technical service was fine and adequate actions were taken when needed. f.i. regarding one of the AC in the suite and coffeemachine. Upon request they delivered the new one within half an hour so I could have my morningcoffee! I did have a problem with the phone, one appearednot connected by a wire and the other did not have information regarding which number to dial for housekeeping, whatever whenever. I learned it is the number 0 for everything!

I do have a concern regarding the HOUSEKEEPING regarding sustainability. Why do we need to change the bed linen almost every day, or to change the towels every day? Nobody will do this at home?

Imagine bedlinen of hundreds of rooms and towels who need to be transported with a truck to the laundry, so with emissions, will be washes with high temperatures and washing powder, wash drier follows, ironing, and back on the truck transported to the hotel. How much energy does it cost? How big is this footprint on our planet, Is this sustainable? And… imagine all the 5* hotels around the world if guests want to have washed bedlinen and towels every day..

Do we really need it or can we use the linen/towels a little longer to make our footprint a little smaller…. Perhaps we could be more concerned for our environment and what is left over for our next generation instead of demanding every day cleaning since we pay so much for the rate

Cool corner suite.

No wire

Bang & Olufsen, small but with great musicqulity

Restaurant Fire.

Terrace of Fire, breakfast.

Vegan breakfast.

Mouthwatering (vegan) menu/ dishes in restaurant Fire

Noxe Japanese lounge.

Noxe Japanese restaurant.

Coya, a Peruan dinner experience.

Indoorpool

Pool with a view.

Relaxation......

Last edited by claes059; Oct 17, 2023 at 8:55 am Reason: picture management
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
If you are that bothered about having your sheets and towels changed, you could always just ask housekeeping not to do these things?
mmogdan likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
If you are that bothered about having your sheets and towels changed, you could always just ask housekeeping not to do these things?
Thank you for your message. I always tell the hotel and even the Housekeeping, but I still had almost a " fight" with Housekeeping , even pulled a towel from her hand! According to the hotel they do this since guests expect rhem to wash them and to avoid complains. Some guest " need" this service two times a day!!

Last edited by claes059; Oct 15, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the Sound Suite still open here? The one where guests can play instruments and record their own music.
Does the hotel still offer bonus points for skipping housekeeping?
Are the pools open year-round here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.