Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If someone wants them for collection purposes though, why order a certain coin through this program? The prupose of the CIRCULATING dollar coin program is suppose to be just that, to circulate them.

If someone is a civil war buff and wants the grant coins, why not order a collectors set? I am sure not going to spend the money on collector or proof coins to turn around and spend them.
Aggregate demand should be higher for Grant vs. other lower profile dead prezies.

It doesn't matter how they are purchased, or if they are bought as collectors sets, etc., the total mintage should be higher.
Old May 23, 2011, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Fair Warning

Today, I spoke to a supervisor in the Office of $1 Coin Programs (not Mint Customer Service). I asked him if there had been any change in the $1000 every 10 days policy. He said no, but they were aware that many non-compliant orders had been placed and some had shipped. They are investigating the "problem" and any "violations will be dealt with."
Old May 24, 2011, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Today, I spoke to a supervisor in the Office of $1 Coin Programs (not Mint Customer Service). I asked him if there had been any change in the $1000 every 10 days policy. He said no, but they were aware that many non-compliant orders had been placed and some had shipped. They are investigating the "problem" and any "violations will be dealt with."
why would you call and ask about this? what was your purpose?
Old May 24, 2011, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
never call the mint please.
not unless there's no other options
Old May 24, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
They are investigating the "problem" and any "violations will be dealt with."
Why even post such ridiculousness? "Violations will be dealt with"?? What, are they going to go to my bank and make them give them back the coins I deposited?
Old May 24, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Several dozen
Because some buffs want to see the coins out and about, just as some train collectors run the critters at shows, rather than have them sit on a shelf. Actually have ordered some of the Presidents not in the program to throw in the mix. Have Grants now headed to circulate abroad this next trip and will be bringing back bunches of Stotinkas, Stotinkis and Levs to distribute.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

If someone is a civil war buff and wants the grant coins, why not order a collectors set? I am sure not going to spend the money on collector or proof coins to turn around and spend them.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Something interesting I found out today was that the Sacagawea dolalrs were first circulated by being put in Cheerio boxes (was actually on the trivia board at the coffee house I go to every morning).

http://www.dig4coins.com/news/latest...still-valuable

Interesting the mint spent $53 million on this promo to circulate the coins. If they spent that much, then they can't be too concerned if UPS charges go up due to fuel price surcharges for the direct shp program.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by audio-nut
why would you call and ask about this? what was your purpose?
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
never call the mint please.
not unless there's no other options
Originally Posted by scotty00
Why even post such ridiculousness? "Violations will be dealt with"?? What, are they going to go to my bank and make them give them back the coins I deposited?
I received a call regarding a separate account issue. The supervisor was quite helpful so I asked him about a few questions about how the program was going.

The only "ridiculousness" is the self-importance of some of your posts, and my belief that it is worthwhile to share some actual new information on this thread, rather than opinions and statuses.

Last edited by dayone; May 24, 2011 at 8:55 am Reason: Typo.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The only "ridiculousness" is the the self-importance of some of your posts, and my belief that it is worthwhile to share some actual new information on this thread, rather than opinions and statuses.
If this was directed at me then that is even more ridiculous.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:54 am

I received a call regarding a separate account issue. The supervisor was quite helpful so I asked him about a few questions about how the program was going.

The only "ridiculousness" is the the self-importance of some of your posts, and my belief that it is worthwhile to share some actual new information on this thread, rather than opinions and statuses.
I agree that this thread is useless, other than the status updates that show how fast the mint is catching up with the backorders.

you need to remember the saying "loose lips sink ships" or "curiousity killed the cat", it is NEVER appropriate to draw attention to the "golden goose" programs. If you had a unrelated issue you should resolve it and hang up. How does the conversation drift to "non-compliant orders"?!? [edit]

NEVER DISCUSS THIS PROGRAM WITH THE MINT UNLESS YOU HAVE A RETURN OR MISSING ORDER....those should be the only reasons!! picking the brain of CSR's or supervisors is unnessesary and dangerous, you can read the coin threads 100000 posts if you need more info.

Last edited by philemer; May 24, 2011 at 9:51 am Reason: remove personal attack
Old May 24, 2011, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by wise2u
you need to remember the saying "loose lips sink ships" or "curiousity killed the cat", it is NEVER appropriate to draw attention to the "golden goose" programs. If you had a unrelated issue you should resolve it and hang up. How does the conversation drift to "non-compliant orders"?!? are you really that ignorant?!

NEVER DISCUSS THIS PROGRAM WITH THE MINT UNLESS YOU HAVE A RETURN OR MISSING ORDER....those should be the only reasons!! picking the brain of CSR's or supervisors is unnecessary and dangerous, you can read the coin threads 100000 posts if you need more info.
I'm managing quite well, but thank you for your unsubstantiated insights.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:32 am

Well, we tried this again, and couldn't avoid the personal attacks...

This thread is closed.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:27 am

I would like to have a Mint thread open, as would many of us.

The issue is a set of members who cannot seem to contribute without attacking people.

Here's what you need to know:

1) Your opinion is not the final word. Just because you think that it's not okay to discuss deals on here doesn't mean that we won't discuss deals on here. Attacking someone for discussing things because it will "kill the deal" is not appropriate. Personal attacks are against the site guidelines.

2) Calling people names is not appropriate. This includes indirectly, such as "Some people would say that someone who did that is stupid", or "Isn't that stupid?", or anything close. Personal attacks are against the site guidelines, and finding ways you think get around it that are still hurtful is not appropriate. This includes sarcasm.

3) If you don't have anything nice or useful to say, don't say anything. Jumping on a newbie is not appropriate.

Here's what we are going to do:

Tomorrow (5/26/11) I will re-open the coin thread. I will have a very itchy trigger finger. Anything that even remotely looks like a personal attack, or non-contributory in a negative way will result in an IMMEDIATE suspension of that user, for a time determined by me, based on past behavior. THIS COULD EVEN MEAN BANNING. I recommend that if someone makes a personal attack against you, that you not defend yourself by attacking back. I will be taking swift action without prejudice, and I don't care who started it and who "finished" it. Discussion of whether or not it is okay to post about things in the thread is inflammatory. It will not be tolerated, and will result in suspension or banning. I suggest those who want to discuss such things open up a separate thread in OMNI for that purpose. I would be happy to put a link to that thread in the Mint FAQ, but I don't want to see it in the main coin thread (even the link).

The desired outcome is a thread that provides information and discussion of the coin deal, without causing any upset.

I will accept input via PM (please copy philemer). I will try to respond to all input, but I can't promise that I will.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:21 am

Thread open. Please read above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.