Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; WN Companion Pass
Am a Noob. Can someone answer this question for me:

I'm on the final confirmation page but the shipping charge is showing as $17.90. Should I assume that once I hit submit I won't actually be charged this figure (I read on the Mint site that orders over $300 come with free shipping).?

THANKS!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by hawaii2midtown
Am a Noob. Can someone answer this question for me:

I'm on the final confirmation page but the shipping charge is showing as $17.90. Should I assume that once I hit submit I won't actually be charged this figure (I read on the Mint site that orders over $300 come with free shipping).?

THANKS!
What'd you order? Something doesn't sound right
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
What'd you order? Something doesn't sound right
2001 Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls – Golden Dollars featuring Sacagawea (SA1) In Stock $250.00

Remove
$250.00
Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls – James Madison (Y04) In Stock $250.00

Remove
$250.00
Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls – George Washington (Y06) In Stock $250.00

Remove
$250.00
2010 Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls – Native American – Government (N04)

EDIT: I changed the order to only include presidential coins and the shipping price is still the same ($17.90).
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:15 pm

It should show shipping as Zero. There is something wrong. I just put in your same four and it showed zero for shipping as it has in the past.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ncfinfan
It should show shipping as Zero. There is something wrong. I just put in your same four and it showed zero for shipping as it has in the past.
This is so weird...I changed it to Jefferson, Madison, Jackson and Washington and now it's showing $12.95 for shipping?

I have chosen the expedited shipping as the default option for quick checkout. Is this why I'm being charged 12.95? Is everyone else using standard shipping?

EDIT: Thanks for the help guys. I realized that you need to select Standard shipping and that the Mint will auto upgrade you to expedited.

Last edited by hawaii2midtown; Mar 14, 2011 at 7:58 pm
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Been doing this well over a year now, and..... Maybe it is just me, but mixing and matching, is the ONLY time I have ever run into any problems. Why not just order 4 of the same???
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Been doing this well over a year now, and..... Maybe it is just me, but mixing and matching, is the ONLY time I have ever run into any problems. Why not just order 4 of the same???
I agree. If I order the same 4 I never have any problems.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I agree. If I order the same 4 I never have any problems.
I thought I read something in this thread about someone having difficulties with the Mint after buying 2 or more of the same president.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:55 pm
xp0

also if you mix and match there is a chance you dont get them all at the same time which is just annoying for record keeping as well.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by kendenton
My order says shipped on 3/13 with ups tracking number. Ups still has no record of that tracking number yet.
And the band plays on.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by xp0
also if you mix and match there is a chance you dont get them all at the same time which is just annoying for record keeping as well.
Hmm okay, helpful. Will order the same four in the future.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On my Citi CC account it previously posted as "US MINT COIN SALES", but it posted today as "OFC DOLLAR COIN". I hope this doesn't mean anything.

This time my coins arrived before the debit was posted on Citi. Cool.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Mar 15, 2011 at 2:09 am
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
On my Citi CC account it previously posted as "US MINT COIN SALES", but it posted today as "OFC DOLLAR COIN". I hope this doesn't mean anything.
It doesn't, your'e good to go!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I got 5% back on my IPAD from Best Buy that I bought in January (figures the prices have dropped now).

If you have a chase freedom card, they are giving 5% back on grocery store purchases through 3/31 up to $1,500 in purchases. I priced it at best buy wiht the protective screen covering and tax and got the total. I drove across the street to Kroger and bought a best buy gift card (Kroger has best buy gift cards where you can specify the amount) and bought one and drove back across the street and bought it. I also used my parents phone number for the kroger plus card and they were able to save $ on their gas as well.

Or something I should have done, since I value hilton points at over a penny each was to have used my hilton card at krgoer. You get 6pts/$ on grocery store purchases there, but a 5% savings was still a good deal.
Good tip, thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by tothetrail
Good tip, thanks!
You're welcome. I do that with Bed, bath and beyond and amazon and places I eat at where they sell the cards. They also sell them for Ebay but they are always sold out of them. If I know I will be using a certain merchant, I just buy gift cards at Kroger or Giant eagle if they carry their cards, since I know I will get double the points on my credit card. It is a very good tip if you buy your gas at a place l ike Kroger or Giant eagle that gives you gas discounts as well on purchases, you are not only getting more points/a bigger rebate but also saving a few cents a gallon on gas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.