Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
LOL. Maybe you could use the coins as a bribe?
I still want to get the Captain Morgan's outfit and bring a small treasure chest filled with these gold coins into a bank--eye patch on and all-- and say ARRRRRR and take a swig of me rum as I pour them into a coin machine and speak like a Pirate as I do everything from that to the moment they hand me hundreds.

ok see ya
off FT til Sunday
gotta go skiing now
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by dmharmon12
It is not illegal to purchase these coins to deposit them? The mint website says its not intended for deposit, just want to make sure I dont do anything wrong
If you have to ask, then this program is not for you.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Onepass, M+, BoA 2%,AAdvantage, $ Coins Anonymous
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I still want to get the Captain Morgan's outfit and bring a small treasure chest filled with these gold coins into a bank--eye patch on and all-- and say ARRRRRR and take a swig of me rum as I pour them into a coin machine and speak like a Pirate as I do everything from that to the moment they hand me hundreds.

ok see ya
off FT til Sunday
gotta go skiing now
Oh Yeah.... dont forget a parrot on your shoulder squawking things like "leave it on the porch" and "I am the copilot". this halloween act would go over well with the staff at gonzo bank.....
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
anyone have this happen to them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMimygVTgbU
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/Million Mile Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Especially appropriate if done on September 19th: Talk like a Pirate Day
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:58 pm

went to the coin shop to buy a couple thousand of silver bullion today and the owner shot me down. told me he didnt want to lug all the coins to the bank and told me to do it...sheesh...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Stoughton
But on the plus side, you will get a free digital PSA exam out of it.
Finally. I've been wanting to ask a doctor if Flomax is right for me.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:58 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by Miami305
You will most likely be arrested by the FBI for violating the laws outlined in a federally mandated program. If you read through the FAQ, you will see numerous stories of individuals being detained by their banks in the vault, with their coins, until the authorities arrive. It is humiliating and not an experience you want.

You did read the FAQ right?
I can't help but notice you made no reference to the tracking devices . . . RFIDs, tracking dust, aggressive Mint agents showing up at one's place of work, etc., but that's all in the FAQ too.

Last edited by youreadyfreddie; Mar 11, 2011 at 3:03 am
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:27 am
xp0

I always scan my coin rolls with a "magnetic wand" to deactivate the RFID tags in each roll before I deposit them into the bank.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: HH Gold
How many of you are getting these shipped to your office vs. home?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by goodtricks
I just have one account set up to ship an order to the office every ten days. Don't want to ship too many here since our security guard has to sign for them and he has made a couple comments about how many heavy boxes I get One day I joked with him and told him I was a coin collector and bought large quantities of coins and another time I said I couldn't tell him what was in the box but its contents was worth $1,000 and he laughed (both times were the truth LOL).
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: Several dozen
Aaaaarg - do it on Talk Like a Pirate Day.

ok see ya
off FT til Sunday
gotta go skiing now
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: Several dozen
Home or POBs only
Originally Posted by goodtricks
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I just have one account set up to ship an order to the office every ten days. Don't want to ship too many here since our security guard has to sign for them and he has made a couple comments about how many heavy boxes I get One day I joked with him and told him I was a coin collector and bought large quantities of coins and another time I said I couldn't tell him what was in the box but its contents was worth $1,000 and he laughed (both times were the truth LOL).
I'm in the same boat. I am only doing the 10 every day right now and have been getting them shipped to my office, which finds its way to my desk.

Just curious how others were doing it.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Placed my first order 3/7. 4 days now of "In stock and reserved", not shipped yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.