Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:24 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Have never seen such a thing. All the banks around here require a paper slip
It's a wide, wonderful world out there.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: Several dozen
So, start cracking crack eggs! Break open your rolls and run them through a bank that has a customer sorter. Cracking 1K a month is easy, just don't try to burn the rolls or soak them - bang them against each other in the middle.

And don't forget to recycle the paper - we are all about recycling things - metal, paper or plastic.

Originally Posted by yngdiego
A branch of a major national bank today told me that they won't accept any more dollar coins from me, as she said the federal reserve is cracking down on them accepting unused/rolled coins. I was only depositing 1K of coins once a month or so at this branch. So I'll go to another branch until they complain, then close my account and start over elsewhere.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:38 am

Ending at Reagan is too soon! We need to add the Presidents of the Continental Congress; Jeff Davis (CSA); and David Burnet, Sam Houston, Mirabeau Lamar and Anson Jones (Texas). Then the Emperor Powhatan and all the Native American leaders, including the Hawaiian Royalty. Else we are not PC and inclusive! Wake up NPR - we need more coins!

Originally Posted by crabbing
while reagan was, in fact, the least popular president in modern history based on actual polls, the presidential coin program is currently expected to end with his coin as it only honors dead presidents.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dayone
By swiping one's ATM or debit card at the teller's station. It has been several years since I've seen a deposit slip.
That isn't enough backup for an audit for a commercial account Actually for some business clients, going to the bank is a thing of the past thanks to check scanners. Unfortunately they don't work for coin deposits
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Ending at Reagan is too soon! We need to add the Presidents of the Continental Congress; Jeff Davis (CSA); and David Burnet, Sam Houston, Mirabeau Lamar and Anson Jones (Texas). Then the Emperor Powhatan and all the Native American leaders, including the Hawaiian Royalty. Else we are not PC and inclusive! Wake up NPR - we need more coins!
If the last presidents left to mint were democrats instead of republicans, I am sure Jackie Speier would have a different view on ending the program There are still a few living presidents so the program could be extended if one of them dies before 2016. Carter is 86 and George H Bush is 87. If they die before 2016, I hope the mint would continue the program to do coins for them as well.

I would also like to see the first lady dollar coins go into circulation. We need to be PC and mint women as well as men.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Are all the Presidents minted already?

DID I SOMEHOW MISS GROVER CLEVELAND????

sh*t.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting release schedule

I went to wikipedia to look up the schedule:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside...1_Coin_Program

Interesting. Looks like if Carter dies before Reagans coin is minted his will be minted first.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:37 am

how about a Jane Wyman special at the end of the First Ladies Program, exclusively for FlyerTalk direct shipments?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:00 pm

A few questions
1. What if you already have/open a business account and deposit the coins into that account..do you think they are less likely to be "suspicious" about the coin deposits?
2.So i know you're limited to $1000 worth of coins per 10 days, what if say your wifes name is on the credit card and she orders the coins to say a private mail box or business address,as well as me ordering the coins to my home address or will they limit it to the actual credit card number used?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by glee0707
A few questions
1. What if you already have/open a business account and deposit the coins into that account..do you think they are less likely to be "suspicious" about the coin deposits?
2.So i know you're limited to $1000 worth of coins per 10 days, what if say your wifes name is on the credit card and she orders the coins to say a private mail box or business address,as well as me ordering the coins to my home address or will they limit it to the actual credit card number used?
Welcome to Flyertalk, where reading is fundamental.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
including the Hawaiian Royalty.
I would love a Kamehameha coin. Coins in Hawaii are apparently quite rare, everyone I gave one to last week seemed either perplexed or excited to see one.

Last edited by tjbrooks; Jul 20, 2011 at 12:52 pm
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
while reagan was, in fact, the least popular president in modern history based on actual polls, the presidential coin program is currently expected to end with his coin as it only honors dead presidents.
Yep, hands down the least popular. That explains why Reagan didn't even make the list of potential names when they changed the name of Washington's National Airport to the Jimmy Carter National Airport.
(But seriously, thanks for the laugh though )
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:05 pm

Works for me - just why do we have a fake woman NA on the NA dollar anyway when we had a real NA First Lady, Edith Bolling Galt Wilson, who would have been perfect for the coin? The mint needs to make amends and go back and make dollars for all the first ladies. Heck, why not petition NPR to start a campaign for a $2 coin series for them?

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would also like to see the first lady dollar coins go into circulation. We need to be PC and mint women as well as men.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brasov02
Yep, hands down the least popular. That explains why Reagan didn't even make the list of potential names when they changed the name of Washington's National Airport to the Jimmy Carter National Airport.
(But seriously, thanks for the laugh though )
LOL
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
This poll cites Reagan as 9th most popular

http://themoderatevoice.com/13871/ra...lar-president/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.