Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cash back from visa credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

cash back from visa credit cards

I will often buy the visa gift cards at staples when they are fee-free to get 5x on ink cash - I have always used the for other organic spend that normally would get 1x (not buying money orders) - at my local grocery store I am given the option for "cash back" - I always just hit "no" because I use the self check out. The other day I decided to give it a shot and selected $40. It then said "confirm a 0.75 cent fee" - I declined - but wish I would have tried it to see what happened. Has anyone else ever encountered this? Will the the transaction just get declided if I do? If not, and I could get like $100+ cash, might be a lot easier than messing with MO.But everywhere I read it always so no cash back on these cards, but wondered if this was a loophole, or glitch in the matrix
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
I will often buy the visa gift cards at staples when they are fee-free to get 5x on ink cash - I have always used the for other organic spend that normally would get 1x (not buying money orders) - at my local grocery store I am given the option for "cash back" - I always just hit "no" because I use the self check out. The other day I decided to give it a shot and selected $40. It then said "confirm a 0.75 cent fee" - I declined - but wish I would have tried it to see what happened. Has anyone else ever encountered this? Will the the transaction just get declided if I do? If not, and I could get like $100+ cash, might be a lot easier than messing with MO.But everywhere I read it always so no cash back on these cards, but wondered if this was a loophole, or glitch in the matrix
It's not a glitch or loophole. When a checkout terminal recognize a "debit", it's often shows that cashback option, but it won't work if you try to get cash out.
Scotttyd and Steve in Olympia like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.