Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Unexpected M$ bonus... Staples Unclaimed Property

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

I got a letter in the mail this week about unclaimed property, and it was for 2 staples $300 VGC I purchased in 2018. It said I registered them, but they were never used. I claimed them with codes, and a day later got virtual cards and immediately put a $600 credit on my Amazon account.

Has this happened with anyone here?

Thing is, I've kept solid records in a spreadsheet with undrained cards, MOs and deposits, and through close to a million in MS since 2018 I have only ever lost a single $300 VGC, sometime in 2020. This was free money falling from the sky because of some mistake in the money stream, only because I registered the cards at that time. Maybe it's because the expiration dates of those old cards are rolling over now. Crossing my fingers for more that might come.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by dethkultur
I got a letter in the mail this week about unclaimed property, and it was for 2 staples $300 VGC I purchased in 2018. It said I registered them, but they were never used. I claimed them with codes, and a day later got virtual cards and immediately put a $600 credit on my Amazon account.

Has this happened with anyone here?

Thing is, I've kept solid records in a spreadsheet with undrained cards, MOs and deposits, and through close to a million in MS since 2018 I have only ever lost a single $300 VGC, sometime in 2020. This was free money falling from the sky because of some mistake in the money stream, only because I registered the cards at that time. Maybe it's because the expiration dates of those old cards are rolling over now. Crossing my fingers for more that might come.
Mind sharing a shell of the spreadsheet? We have been thinking of needing to do the same
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Here's a scrubbed version. I removed about 3000 rows of transactions. There are some long dead cards mentioned in there, but hopefully you get the idea. It stops in 2022, when I got enough of a raise that I decided to take a break ever since. Copy and tinker with it, I can't provide tech support though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1193094846

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.