Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird master thread (2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:02 am

looking for more datapoints (other than first post) on loading Vanilla VGCs at FD?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dwCoffee
looking for more datapoints (other than first post) on loading Vanilla VGCs at FD?
I tried one-time, failed DP. Vanila VGC, bought from h-e-b grocery. this is my only time to try vanilla so far.

Also I noticed that my local family dollar has some limit: one llady cashier mentioned that each store can only allow one load today, the first person come and load will use the quote. It looks to match my DP: sometime, when I tried to load on some FD, it will return invalid merchant, I suspect that it's because someone already used the quote "one load per day per store".

Anyone can confirm that? Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by photonsea
I tried one-time, failed DP. Vanila VGC, bought from h-e-b grocery. this is my only time to try vanilla so far.

Also I noticed that my local family dollar has some limit: one llady cashier mentioned that each store can only allow one load today, the first person come and load will use the quote. It looks to match my DP: sometime, when I tried to load on some FD, it will return invalid merchant, I suspect that it's because someone already used the quote "one load per day per store".

Anyone can confirm that? Thanks.
My experience and talking to others including clerks confirms the one-load-a-day per store rule.
At least in MD and PA.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by pointnfly
My experience and talking to others including clerks confirms the one-load-a-day per store rule.
At least in MD and PA.
Wait so.. FD store rule is one VGC load per day total? Not even per person?! That seems rather strange. Why allow it at all?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:17 am

Wait so.. FD store rule is one VGC load per day total? Not even per person?! That seems rather strange. Why allow it at all?
Does seem illogical but the DPs point that way.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by pointnfly
Does seem illogical but the DPs point that way.
Is this the same for SS VGCs or just vanillas?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:26 am

[QUOTE=dwCoffee;35989514]Is this the same for SS VGCs or just vanillas?[

My experience is with Staples VGC MCGC BHN Pathways $200 cards.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:29 am

[QUOTE=pointnfly;35989525]
Is this the same for SS VGCs or just vanillas?[
My experience is with Staples VGC MCGC BHN Pathways $200 cards.
Oh... I never use those for loads. I convert them to SSVGCs or Vanillas
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Does Vanilla VGC work for you?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:47 pm

Does Vanilla VGC work for you?
I haven't used Vanillas yet. I like the fee-free $200 VGC MCGCs .
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for info.
Any tip to use MCGC at FD? Does office depot MCGC works on FD?
I never used MCGC so far on FD.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thanks for info.
Any tip to use MCGC at FD? Does office depot MCGC works on FD?
I never used MCGC so far on FD.
Staples MCGC work the same as VGC at FD. I have never used ODOM cards
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:31 pm

This is definitely not true. A total urban legend. The limit is $500 per store, per every X? minutes. We've never been able to pinpoint the exact time that needs to lapse between loads, but we figure it's sometime between 22 and 45 minutes. My clerks know me and this rule well enough that they tell me right off, "Someone loaded already this morning." Example: Today I went into one of my regular FDs at 11am. Before I even tried a load, the girl informed me someone had been in already. I asked what time? She said, "Around 9, he loaded $500." I said, "That should be fine, let's give it a try." I then loaded $400, NO PROBLEM. I've even done two loads in the same day (one in the AM and one in the PM), at the same store myself.

Last edited by fly2fish; Feb 14, 2024 at 8:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:48 pm

That location has the old POS I'm assuming? Places with the new terminals seem to be more annoying IME
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

anyone see invalid amount error in FD? It happened right after I swipe my BB card.
I also see "invalid merchant" error before in FD, which is right after I swipe my VGC, but cannot complete the transaction.
Both errors are annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.