Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas Stations that sell GC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Gas Stations that sell GC

I've been out of the MS game for a bit so I haven't bought a GC at a gas station in about a year and was super surprised that my go to Circle K was like, nah cash only...even for Amazon GCs. I tried a truckstop near me and same thing. I am not trying to buy a cash equivalent GC just Amazon. Are there any gas stations that still let you buy GCs with a CC?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 5:42 pm
soy

Programs: various
Most allow CC in my experience. The main limitation is finding gas stations that stock the cards I might want to buy
brokestudent likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:31 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I scoured my part of fly-over country to find a gas station that would allow me to use a credit card but all wanted cash only.
There are DPs out there that certain 7-11's will permit CC purchases of gift cards, but 7-11 is not native to my part of the country.
brokestudent likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:47 am

Yes 7/11 does sell gc with credit cards. For bonus categories it should work for Visa and MasterCard. While amex does not award bonus for some of the 7/11. It will be trial and error for amex credit card.
brokestudent likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will continue my quest. Sadly there are no 7/11s here either

https://www.al.com/news/2017/09/why_...levens_in.html
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by dalvigirish
Yes 7/11 does sell gc with credit cards. For bonus categories it should work for Visa and MasterCard. While amex does not award bonus for some of the 7/11. It will be trial and error for amex credit card.
DP - 7/11 GC did not trigger gas station bonus category for Citi Costco Visa (4% on Gas) for me
brokestudent likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by SailorJoe
DP - 7/11 GC did not trigger gas station bonus category for Citi Costco Visa (4% on Gas) for me
Does this 7 11 is standalone store or gas station with store?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by dalvigirish
Does this 7 11 is standalone store or gas station with store?
Gas station with store
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by brokestudent
I've been out of the MS game for a bit so I haven't bought a GC at a gas station in about a year and was super surprised that my go to Circle K was like, nah cash only...even for Amazon GCs. I tried a truckstop near me and same thing. I am not trying to buy a cash equivalent GC just Amazon. Are there any gas stations that still let you buy GCs with a CC?
Speedway. Scan your Speedy Rewards card and you get approx 4% back in points. There are various promotions that will push this higher. 1,000 points is worth roughly $1 in Speedway gift cards, which I used for gas. It's a nice alternative to Kroger if you don't want to deal with expiring points or juggling gas cans.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:54 am

Programs: NWA, DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Midwest MS Lite
Speedway. Scan your Speedy Rewards card and you get approx 4% back in points. There are various promotions that will push this higher. 1,000 points is worth roughly $1 in Speedway gift cards, which I used for gas. It's a nice alternative to Kroger if you don't want to deal with expiring points or juggling gas cans.
To clarify, are you earning Speedy Rewards by scanning your membership QR code in your app prior to a credit card purchase of a GC? I've had no luck earning Speedy Rewards by purchasing variable load, Vanilla Visa GCs issued by Meta and serviced by Incomm. this does however trigger the credit card bonus category multiplier.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Midwest MS Lite
you earn zero speedway rewards for buying Visa/MC cards.

you only earn rewards if you buy closed loop GCs for specific stores
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: AA

7-Eleven completes Speedway acquisition of 3,800 convenience stores. I am wondering if speedway rewards will disappear.

Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:07 pm

Gas station with store
Update. Same 7-Eleven that did not code as gas station for Citi Costco Visa did code as Gas station for Chase Ink. YMMV
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:20 am

Update. Same 7-Eleven that did not code as gas station for Citi Costco Visa did code as Gas station for Chase Ink. YMMV
Interesting. As both the cards are issued by visa. visa decides what to code as gas vs grocery and not the card issuer.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by upright0744
you earn zero speedway rewards for buying Visa/MC cards.

you only earn rewards if you buy closed loop GCs for specific stores
They were running a promo last year to get 300 points for each Vanilla bought there, they are running it again right now. Was working as a "service station" category for me for Visa, MC and Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.