Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MS Gebit BHN breakdown

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:05 am
ra7

Originally Posted by Seat2D
Is this truly a new problem? I thought everything serviced by Incomm was still OK. I thought the "not authorized" problem was limited to Blackhawk.
It happened to me with my last 2 attempts. I again retried after couple of days and they worked. I never had issues with SS cards in the past. Not sure whether any others had similar experiences.
iahphx likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by ra7
It happened to me with my last 2 attempts. I again retried after couple of days and they worked. I never had issues with SS cards in the past. Not sure whether any others had similar experiences.
Whatever funk those BHN cards were in for the past week, seems to be over now. I don't know if it was a glitch or enough people complained, but I could do 4x200 with GE/DE/SE back to back for past 2 days.
gregorygrady and yugi like this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Whatever funk those BHN cards were in for the past week, seems to be over now. I don't know if it was a glitch or enough people complained, but I could do 4x200 with GE/DE/SE back to back for past 2 days.
The yellow BHN cards are still broken I think.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Seat2D
Is this truly a new problem? I thought everything serviced by Incomm was still OK. I thought the "not authorized" problem was limited to Blackhawk.
I also had similar experience with inComm-serviced cards. There would be no 1-hr activation announcement. But the card would play "not authorized" for 2 days.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:37 pm

Great news!! Thx for updating here as I'm not sure I would have tried, I had pivoted to the 2 x $200 BHNs followed by a $500 USB/Incomm to purchase an $899 MO. But that method requires twice the time to liquidate all my GE/DE/SE $200s.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Great news!! Thx for updating here as I'm not sure I would have tried, I had pivoted to the 2 x $200 BHNs followed by a $500 USB/Incomm to purchase an $899 MO. But that method requires twice the time to liquidate all my GE/DE/SE $200s.
How much are your swipes for the $200 BHNs?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
The yellow BHN cards are still broken I think.
The usual $99/swipe. I now have successfully used my new Discover debit card so I can unload all those pesky yellow/grey cards as free reloads.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:03 am

The usual $99/swipe. I now have successfully used my new Discover debit card so I can unload all those pesky yellow/grey cards as free reloads.
At my WM $99 swipe doesn't even go through. Hell, even $50 swipe doesn't go through.

Are you able to max it out with a $297 swipe?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
At my WM $99 swipe doesn't even go through. Hell, even $50 swipe doesn't go through.

Are you able to max it out with a $297 swipe?
Let me get back to you in a few days next time I do a liquidation run. I don't recall what cards I was using on the last trip when filling up BB and Discover, but I think a few yellow BHN were in the mix.

They definitely worked at self checkout to buy Vanillas, swiping 5x99.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 8:35 am

Thanks for the DPs!
Old Jun 23, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
So I am so-so late to the memo... I have handful of BHN Visa from corp order ..

I am in the MD and CA with international trip coming up ...

To unload these cards, do we still on for $478 or less with MO on Kroger ( Ralph on some case ) ??? WM is still out there with 99/charge, correct ?

Sorry .. I been reading, and still reading !
Old Jun 23, 2023, 4:21 pm

Kroger has been $99 for a while I think.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 4:53 pm
ra7

Originally Posted by ccna101
So I am so-so late to the memo... I have handful of BHN Visa from corp order ..

I am in the MD and CA with international trip coming up ...

To unload these cards, do we still on for $478 or less with MO on Kroger ( Ralph on some case ) ??? WM is still out there with 99/charge, correct ?

Sorry .. I been reading, and still reading !
Kroger worked for 479
ccna101 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:08 am

Our MS activity and volume slowed to a crawl after the WM changes. We drift in and out of the MO space due to the grind, yet hopeful to discover a new scalable method. We have been left w/few liquidation options, which are dicy and changing too fast...slower, more costly. Think it would be helpful of people listed their region that would be helpful to understand their posts, stores and the like. We are on the East Coast.
  • WM
    - All WM's within an 60 mile radius are super sensitive to MS activity.
    - All cashiers send any non-purchase activities to MC, even BB loads.
    - MC only process $99.00 swipes.
    - Request split tender or multiple swipes result in verifying payment used "aka can't use a gift card."
    - Rural areas and they had no problem loading BB at registers and didn't care about limits (older dp)
    - Few cashiers, hurting crowds to self check. Lines at MC and hit/miss on agent (knowledge, demeanor)
  • Local Grocers
    - Noticed the same changes where MO's must be below $480.00
    - Split tender's result in request to verify payment method
    - When you get agent willing to do 2nd MO, denied. Waiting period (regardless if same card or not.)
Have not yet tried BB at FD since the rule changes, albeit in the past they have hard to deal w/in terms of agents knowing what to do, limits, inventing new rules on the spot, insisting cash or load packs.
---
Few acronyms that either was not recognizing or might be local, harkening back to it being helpful to list regions as some are region specific. What are: GE, DE, SE, FD (family dollar?), OD,WD (Winn Dixie,) SS-VGC (secure spend?,) Gebit
BHN - never on radar but appears to be a thing now? Avoid BHN? What does BHN stand for (other than card number patterns?

Those loading Green at WM, still bound by swipe / daily / monthly limits - still a grind?
References to auto drain - any links to read further? Seems handy to reclaim the various low amounts left on gcs.

Last edited by pixelrogue; Nov 18, 2023 at 9:44 am
Old Jun 24, 2023, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Our MS activity and volume slowed to a crawl after the WM changes. We drift in and out of the MO space due to the grind, yet hopeful to discover a new scalable method. We have been left w/few liquidation options, which are dicy and changing too fast...slower, more costly. Think it would be helpful of people listed their region that would be helpful to understand their posts, stores and the like. We are on the East Coast.
  • WM
    - All WM's within an 60 mile radius are super sensitive to MS activity.
    - All cashiers send any non-purchase activities to MC, even BB loads.
    - MC only process $99.00 ships.
    - Request split tender or multiple swipes result in verifying payment used "aka can't use a gift card."
    - Rural areas and they had no problem loading BB at registers and didn't care about limits (older dp)
    - Few cashiers, hurting crowds to self check. Lines at MC and hit/miss on agent (knowledge, demeanor)
  • Local Grocers
    - Noticed the same changes where MO's must be below $480.00
    - Split tender's result in request to verify payment method
    - When you get agent willing to do 2nd MO, denied. Waiting period (regardless if same card or not.)
Have not yet tried BB at FD since the rule changes, albeit in the past they have hard to deal w/in terms of agents knowing what to do, limits, inventing new rules on the spot, insisting cash or load packs.
---
Few acronyms that either was not recognizing or might be local, harkening back to it being helpful to list regions as some are region specific. What are: GE, DE, SE, FD (family dollar?), OD,WD (Winn Dixie,) SS-VGC (secure spend?,)
BHN - never on radar but appears to be a thing now? Avoid BHN? What does BHN stand for (other than card number patterns?

Those loading Green at WM, still bound by swipe / daily / monthly limits - still a grind?
References to auto drain - any links to read further? Seems handy to reclaim the various low amounts left on gcs.
I am on the East Coast in the tri-state area.
I only go to my local WM and purchase MOs at the MC.
I don't have Discover debit card or BB.
Four swipes with the VGC from Staples purchased without activation fees worked earlier this month to purchase $395 MO.
One swipe with the SS [ secure spend] VGC purchased from CVS worked on Thursday to purchase $500 MO. I paid $1 fee with dollar bill.

BHN = Black Hawk Network ; the servicer of the gift card
GE, DE, SE = Dining , Grocery , Style Everwhere sold at OD ; OD is 1 hour away from me

Besides WM, the only other place that sells $1 MO requires one swipe so no split tender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.