FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Kroger/Albertsons proposed merger

Good or bad for MS?

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...al-albertsons/
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:21 am

Probably no change but who knows.

As the article says, there will be a high bar for this type of tie up. Many analysts believe industry consolidation is a driver of some of the current inflation gains.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by danpeake
Probably no change but who knows.

As the article says, there will be a high bar for this type of tie up. Many analysts believe industry consolidation is a driver of some of the current inflation gains.
Agree
Worry about MS issues in a industry consolidation has to be number 10,000 on their list of things that need to be dealt with.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
My guess is irrelevant:
Safeways near me are cash only for MO.

Harris Teeter as a chain is one of least integrated with Kroger (they just recently started integrating the front-end website). HT has been unfriendly to MOs purchased with gebit cards. Kroger (native branded locations) generally don't seem to care too much.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:48 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by philemer
BAD - irrespective of current situation, in the long term diversity is better for MS.
The range of liquidation options continues to shrink. For some, this will reduce their available options from 2 to 1 which is never a good thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.