Wiki Posts
Search

Options in Australia for MS.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Options in Australia for MS.

Hi All

Needing to get CC rewards points up a but i have hit some issues trying to MS.

1) Using austpost prepaid mastercard is not workable as reloading with my visa CC is not possible. Reloading with my Debit card is possible but obvioulsy does not give me reward points.

2) buying gift gards from supermarket with my CC.....well... just buys gift cards and is neutral effect for rewards points...unless i sell them on . Not really appealling.

3) buying GC in store using CC for use in playstore,amazon or apple and then transfering fund to paypal, no longer works.

4) buying grocery items and returning for refund, negativley charges the CC and the reward points are withdrawn.

Any suggestions on improving the above or alternative MS technique?
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Go to a different country that has more developed MS methods and try there?

Alternatively, read content in the forum re. other countries and try the same methods in Aus, then report back. All data points are appreciated.
msp3 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:58 am

Welcome to FT.

I have no particular insight except to say that Australia limits the interchange fee that credit card companies can charge, thus leaving a pretty poor market for credit card rewards in Australia.

Some in the United States wish to do the same. And while the U.S. credit card market is more robust and competitive overall, doing so will clearly reduce rewards for consumers.
msp3 and hi55us like this.

Last edited by danpeake; Nov 18, 2022 at 9:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.