Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:54 pm
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
loading issue

Dumb mistake.

Went to buy GC at lowes. 2x $200 Everywheres and a $100 Stop and Shop Card
Everything going to plan at checkout until the S&S card errored out during payment. Would not load/activate (it was a fixed value card), register froze.

Moved to the next register with the attendant, same situation, error on the S&S card (was still the same physical cards). Another register frozen.
Manager comes over now, so I just presented the Stop and Shop card and said it would not load. She tried with a new card but no luck, another error. So she decided the S&S cards were bad and pulled the cards off the shelf. At this stage I walked away, assuming nothing had gone through.

Much to my dismay the 3 failed transactions ($509, $509 and $100) appeared on my citi account and I only noticed after leaving for vacation. I immediately raised a dispute with citi as soon as I saw the transactions, but as I think about it more I need a plan B. If Citi take too long to rule, then evidence will harder to find.

So I guess I am looking for advice. Where would the discrepancy lie?
I am guessing the register(s) at Lowes would have had excess funds that would not be accounted for, as I do not think Metabanks systems would have loaded the same cards 2x?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.