Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Any ways to bill myself (Paypal) without it being reported to IRS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any ways to bill myself (Paypal) without it being reported to IRS?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Question Any ways to bill myself (Paypal) without it being reported to IRS?

To reach the high spend requirements, I would use two Paypal accounts, and send myself a bill from one account to another, and pay it with the credit card.

There would be a small fee, but if I had $2k or something left, I would send myself a few invoices to cover that spend.

However now that Paypal has to report annual revenue over $600 to the IRS, and I need to cover about $5,000 in spending, I don't want to get a bill from the IRS down the road saying I owe $xxx.xx off of that $5k.

Any other ways I can "bill" myself, or somehow transfer funds to myself using that credit card?

Thank you for any insight.
BDF4030 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by sikorloa
To reach the high spend requirements, I would use two Paypal accounts, and send myself a bill from one account to another, and pay it with the credit card.

There would be a small fee, but if I had $2k or something left, I would send myself a few invoices to cover that spend.

However now that Paypal has to report annual revenue over $600 to the IRS, and I need to cover about $5,000 in spending, I don't want to get a bill from the IRS down the road saying I owe $xxx.xx off of that $5k.

Any other ways I can "bill" myself, or somehow transfer funds to myself using that credit card?

Thank you for any insight.
To try and save you and everyone else a lot of time, I would highly recommend reading the following thread.

All things Paypal (2017-onwards)

If you still think that your idea is a viable one after consuming the information provided in it, feel free to go ahead. But, please let us know how things work out. All DPs are appreciated.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Originally Posted by radonc1
To try and save you and everyone else a lot of time, I would highly recommend reading the following thread.

All things Paypal (2017-onwards)

If you still think that your idea is a viable one after consuming the information provided in it, feel free to go ahead. But, please let us know how things work out. All DPs are appreciated.
I saw that thread is about loading cards, which I previously would do. I however now live outside of the US, and they don't have those options in the country I am in.

I had two PayPal accounts, with two different names (one was a family members, the other was my business one).

I would transfer money between the two, and it would work fine.

It would still work, it's just that I don't want to get in trouble with the IRS, so was looking for other options (I guess I should have said I wasn't in the US, though I am a US citizen).

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:37 pm

I recently used my PP account to burn through some GCs. I have multiple email addresses so I just sent payment requests from my PP account to a few of the email addresses that don't have accounts. I used the gift cards to pay as someone without an account, received the money, transferred it to my checking account and was done. I only ran $1160.00 through there. If anything, I must have sold used stuff that was just laying around. You know I paid more for it than I sold it for so there is no income. That's exactly what happened last year. I had used stuff that I sold last year. Received a statement from PP so I gave that to my accountant along with how much I originally paid for the items (rough guesstimate). That was it.
sikorloa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.