Avoid Payusatax.com

Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Avoid Payusatax.com

In liquidating debit cards, I have used several of the IRS payment options. For payusatax.com, I noticed that a payment I made (which the site had confirmed) wasn't showing on my IRS payment received page. So I contacted payusatax.com by email and the payment disappeared from the website's list of my payments (though I have a printout). Then I tried to call and email customer service with no one answering or responding. So as of now I am out 500 with no customer service contact.

Update: And after waiting 1:15 hours on hold- they disconnect me.

Last edited by trey; Jul 1, 2021 at 8:37 am Reason: update
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:38 am

There's another thread in case you didn't notice already. Call your bank if it's really a bank debit card. I think mean gift card and they also can contest a charge.
Paying USA income, property or other taxes with a credit card
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I've used them for many years and had zero issues. Frequent Miler has a 2021 article that notes that there are potential issues with all three. As always, YMMV.

https://frequentmiler.com/pay-taxes-..._cards_cheaply
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
And Payusatax just screwed me also. Now I need to pay the payment they didn't make while I chase it down. Then if they do make the payment I'm going to be overpaid on that year.

I've used Official Payments many times with no problems and the one time I try Payusatax they F it up.

Don't use Payusatax.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: All of them
I paid just under 1k a week ago to help meet MSR, and no issues. Never had issues in the past, is this a new development or just some folks are unlucky?
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I paid just under 1k a week ago to help meet MSR, and no issues. Never had issues in the past, is this a new development or just some folks are unlucky?
Did you verify with the IRS that the payment was applied?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by krellboy
Did you verify with the IRS that the payment was applied?
Yes, just checked it after reading this thread.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I'm looking at doing this. From the FM website "The biggest problem with this is the IRS imposed 2 payments per processor limit. This means that you can liquidate no more than 6 gift cards per type of tax payment.". Meanwhile the IRS website simply says 2 1040-ES payments per quarter. But apparently 2 per processor is allowed. My question is - if Married filing jointly, can we do 2+2=4 per processor?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by krellboy
And Payusatax just screwed me also. Now I need to pay the payment they didn't make while I chase it down. Then if they do make the payment I'm going to be overpaid on that year.

I've used Official Payments many times with no problems and the one time I try Payusatax they F it up.

Don't use Payusatax.
Can you tell us anything more about what happened? Did something trip up their system like a mismatched mailing address? I assume you paid with a gift card. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Can you tell us anything more about what happened? Did something trip up their system like a mismatched mailing address? I assume you paid with a gift card. Thanks.
I did not use a gift card. I made a regular CC payment in December of last year on a past tax year and just checked now (after seeing this thread) and it hadn't posted. I don't know what the problem is, they didn't even acknowledge my inquiry with a "we'll get back to you" email.
AFAM-DFW likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:54 pm

I'm in the same boat with PayUSAtax.com Made payment August 21 for $997.45, nothing showing up at my EFTPS account yet and no way to contact them. I guess one more try calling tomorrow, then try contacting Metabank/Simon.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:15 pm

I'm guessing this is the same company.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tn/brentwood/...-0573-37034425
littlewinglet likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:33 pm

I had the same thing happen to me. I forgot which one of the processors it happened on. It took about a month to post on irs. I would make sure to keep the cards handy and don't trash the recipes.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by gq533
I had the same thing happen to me. I forgot which one of the processors it happened on. It took about a month to post on irs. I would make sure to keep the cards handy and don't trash the recipes.
If Payusatax would answer the phone or reply to emails I don't think the occasional glitch wouldn't be a problem. But they seem to have a documented pattern of deposits that failed, not reporting that failure to the customer then ignoring the customer when they discover the problem and try to get help. Someone should edit the wiki to mark them as "not recommended". How long would an airline last on flyertalk if they didn't answer the phone or reply to emails?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:45 pm

Quick update, I found the tax payment myself, it had been applied to the wrong tax year (I didn't enter it incorrectly, the receipt shows the correct tax year). I still haven't heard back from them via email and have tried several time simply leaving the line open on the customer service number for hours on end but they have never picked up. Whether it was them or the IRS I don't know, but judging from the BBB comments it seems more likely it was them.
cuthroat likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.