Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

It appears USPS Money Orders are working again with VGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It appears USPS Money Orders are working again with VGC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Whittaker
If by that you mean "Vanilla Visa" issued by Bancorp and "Vanilla Mastercard" issued by Bancorp, Bancorp issued cards don't work anywhere, except where capped, like @ $99.

Try Vanillas that say issued by SUTTON BANK on the back of the PACKAGE. I can't attest that they work at USPS, but if anything will, it's those. If they don't work, NOTHING will work.

Good Luck.
I had a Sutton Vanilla Visa fail the last week. I only tried one card so it could be a fluke, but the error message was the same as a Secure Spend that failed the week before - something like "failed to authorize transaction" I think, after I entered the PIN - so I'm not going to bother to try again.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
I had a Sutton Vanilla Visa fail the last week. I only tried one card so it could be a fluke, but the error message was the same as a Secure Spend that failed the week before - something like "failed to authorize transaction" I think, after I entered the PIN - so I'm not going to bother to try again.
My assumption is the USPS stomped on it. They likely have some monitoring software that throws up a red flag when some threshold is triggered, and they block it. But if someone is gonna try, at least start with a card that will work if it's not blocked. Bancorps are a waste of time.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:12 pm

If by that you mean "Vanilla Visa" issued by Bancorp and "Vanilla Mastercard" issued by Bancorp, Bancorp issued cards don't work anywhere, except where capped, like @ $99.

Try Vanillas that say issued by SUTTON BANK on the back of the PACKAGE. I can't attest that they work at USPS, but if anything will, it's those. If they don't work, NOTHING will work.

Good Luck.
Yes, that' s the one I got from Sams dot com because of citi offer 5%. now i have about 2k these bancorp m/vgc that no place taking it. (wm also didnt' works)

so sad.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:15 pm

My assumption is the USPS stomped on it. They likely have some monitoring software that throws up a red flag when some threshold is triggered, and they block it. But if someone is gonna try, at least start with a card that will work if it's not blocked. Bancorps are a waste of time.
When i try to swipe, cashier ask me use using a debit card instead, not credit card. and nothing happened on the POS machines, not even let me input the PIN.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:47 pm

Buying MOs at USPS

Greetings, curious if anybody understands the pattern or rules for which Vanilla GF's are good for MOs at USPS. Can't figure it out. Doesn't work at some offices at all, but fine at others. All GC's are financed by InComm and exp. past 2030. At those offices where they do work, some GC's give "unauthorized", which they also would do the same at WM. And now I got "declined". I called them, they told me to try at a different merchant because for security reason the card is not usable at that merchant (USPS). Interestingly, another Vanilla card did work right there. So it's not that all of them are now blocked at USPS, just specific ones. And I don't see what it is about them that is different. Unless something changed in the last couple of days, the same cards (design, store of purchase etc.) worked just fine a few days ago. If anybody knows what's going on, would appreciate the tip.

Thanks,
DJR
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Greetings, curious if anybody understands the pattern or rules for which Vanilla GF's are good for MOs at USPS. Can't figure it out. Doesn't work at some offices at all, but fine at others. All GC's are financed by InComm and exp. past 2030. At those offices where they do work, some GC's give "unauthorized", which they also would do the same at WM. And now I got "declined". I called them, they told me to try at a different merchant because for security reason the card is not usable at that merchant (USPS). Interestingly, another Vanilla card did work right there. So it's not that all of them are now blocked at USPS, just specific ones. And I don't see what it is about them that is different. Unless something changed in the last couple of days, the same cards (design, store of purchase etc.) worked just fine a few days ago. If anybody knows what's going on, would appreciate the tip.

Thanks,
DJR
I'm not entirely sure but it appears that USPS may have blacklisted certain bins. Seemed to have happened about a week ago or so. You are just gonna have to keep track of bins and keep trying, maybe some bins still work.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:59 pm

On life support if not dead
ericdabbs likes this.

Last edited by Alcibiades; Mar 13, 2024 at 6:04 am
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:40 am

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
This has been dead for a long time
YMMV.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by macast8061
I'm not entirely sure but it appears that USPS may have blacklisted certain bins. Seemed to have happened about a week ago or so. You are just gonna have to keep track of bins and keep trying, maybe some bins still work.
Not sure about that. Same bin (409758) on cards that worked and cards that didn't..... even the next two digits are the same, if that matters.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket

Thanks,
DJR
Did you try the full 500 amount or some other amount, a vital piece of info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.