Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

It appears USPS Money Orders are working again with VGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It appears USPS Money Orders are working again with VGC

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Can you buy a USPS MO (have specific need with these) with an InComm card that says Metabank on the back? I'm assuming yes, but more importantly, can you split payment just like the good old days? I just need to go a bit over $500
I highly doubt it based on past experiences - it's been years since this avenue worked for most.

Last edited by danpeake; May 14, 2022 at 5:49 am
Old May 13, 2022, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Interesting. Does the packaging look the same?
USB has been using last 4 GC numbers as pin since early last year in my area…..but only for some GC designs. I don’t understand why not last 4 numbers for all designs.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:22 am

Can anyone shed any light on some cryptic non-FT posts concerning certain cards now working at USPS? I would try & accumulate datapoints myself but am currently not in position to do so. PMs welcome. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by tuphat
Can anyone shed any light on some cryptic non-FT posts concerning certain cards now working at USPS? I would try & accumulate datapoints myself but am currently not in position to do so. PMs welcome. Thanks.
All the new crop of SS / Vanillas work BUT, there are already whales starting to ruin it. Got the hammer down today at one of my local POs, supposedly some local "authority" has been "watching patterns" of me and a few other much heavier abusers. Not sure if it's just that one PO making it up, or the whole region is under watch, but they could start clamping down soon.
ChrisFlyer66 and MaxVO like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:34 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
All the new crop of SS / Vanillas work BUT, there are already whales starting to ruin it. Got the hammer down today at one of my local POs, supposedly some local "authority" has been "watching patterns" of me and a few other much heavier abusers. Not sure if it's just that one PO making it up, or the whole region is under watch, but they could start clamping down soon.
good to know. For me USPS is less economical than other options for vanillas so not really rushing out to the store. However the original USPS ban was hardcoded, so it should be a case of the terminal accepts/does not accept the card rather than agents 'watching' if this is nationwide lockdown

Last edited by soy; Jun 21, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by soy
good to know. For me USPS is less economical than other options for vanillas so not really rushing out to the store. However the original USPS ban was hardcoded, so it should be a case of the terminal accepts/does not accept the card rather than agents 'watching' if this is nationwide lockdown
For now it works at the terminal, just like it does in 100s of grocery stores where they tell you "company policy, no gift cards". I can't argue with the guy working behind the counter. I'm hoping it's an isolated branch incident and not really a directive from higher up.
soy likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:26 pm

What's the current purchase fee for USPS MO?
Do VGC's autodrain at USPS?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
What's the current purchase fee for USPS MO?
Do VGC's autodrain at USPS?
1.95 for 1000 mo
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by jumbotron_
1.95 for 1000 mo
Thanks, it's good to have as an option. But it's twice the cost of WMT, and more unpleasant than a typical grocery store.
I take it there's no autodrain.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Thanks, it's good to have as an option. But it's twice the cost of WMT, and more unpleasant than a typical grocery store.
I take it there's no autodrain.
i haven't tried yet, so far I've asked to do $500 on 2-4 cards
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I fear I have fallen victim to this as well despite not putting much volume through them. I do have a whale in my area that I blame for that. I've talked to guy awhile back when I saw him at S&S during the gas promos and he has no intention of trying to fly under the radar.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
I fear I have fallen victim to this as well despite not putting much volume through them. I do have a whale in my area that I blame for that. I've talked to guy awhile back when I saw him at S&S during the gas promos and he has no intention of trying to fly under the radar.
It is what it is, yesterday I hit up a slightly out of the way PO and it was all good. Hopefully whatever whale is in my area is lazy.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:27 pm

Looks like the SS cards run as credit first with no way I've seen to force debit with the new card readers. I haven't had a chance to try the Vanilla's yet.
jumbotron_ likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat
Looks like the SS cards run as credit first with no way I've seen to force debit with the new card readers. I haven't had a chance to try the Vanilla's yet.
SS was working yesterday. Today got "not authorized" after swiping. Looks like the new block just went through. Also MO fee is now $2.20 per $1000 MO
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by jumbotron_
SS was working yesterday. Today got "not authorized" after swiping. Looks like the new block just went through. Also MO fee is now $2.20 per $1000 MO
And $1.65 for $500: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm
jumbotron_ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.