Search

NewEgg Sending Level 2 Data?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

NewEgg Sending Level 2 Data?

Get a card with category with computer hardware, software etc. Like to know if Newegg sends Level 2 data to AmEx. I could not find any info online as of now.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by RedSun
Get a card with category with computer hardware, software etc. Like to know if Newegg sends Level 2 data to AmEx. I could not find any info online as of now.
I suspect that if you receive the card as a bonus for purchasing Neweggg products, then all Amex gets is that you bought some retail gear from Newegg. Any bonus gift card information would not be sent to Amex.
Since I have never heard of Newegg selling VGCs, then your retail purchase should count and be good for Amex bonuses.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radonc1
I suspect that if you receive the card as a bonus for purchasing Neweggg products, then all Amex gets is that you bought some retail gear from Newegg. Any bonus gift card information would not be sent to Amex.
Since I have never heard of Newegg selling VGCs, then your retail purchase should count and be good for Amex bonuses.
Newegg does sell some travel and retail GCs. I know Staples sends Level II data to AmEx.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:09 am

Newegg does sell some travel and retail GCs. I know Staples sends Level II data to AmEx.
Staples specifically sells VGCs as well as MCGCs along with routine GCs from retailers. So I am not surprised that Amex gets level 2 data.

However, in the scenario that you describe, you buy, for example, a computer and Newegg sends you a $50 VGC, I highly doubt that the information sent to Amex would include the fact that you received a GC bonus for buying the computer. Maybe what you are talking about is different than what I have just described.
However, nothing surprises me anymore so if you have information to the contrary, I'm sure we would all like to see it.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Staples specifically sells VGCs as well as MCGCs along with routine GCs from retailers. So I am not surprised that Amex gets level 2 data.

However, in the scenario that you describe, you buy, for example, a computer and Newegg sends you a $50 VGC, I highly doubt that the information sent to Amex would include the fact that you received a GC bonus for buying the computer. Maybe what you are talking about is different than what I have just described.
However, nothing surprises me anymore so if you have information to the contrary, I'm sure we would all like to see it.
This is not what I'm asking. I can just buy $200 Southwest GC alone to send to friends. What would AmEx see?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:46 am

This is not what I'm asking. I can just buy $200 Southwest GC alone to send to friends. What would AmEx see?
Sorry I misunderstood.

With that said, I cannot imagine that Newegg would be any different than Staples. Look at your receipt. If it is very specific on the type of purchase (gift card, for example) then I imagine this information is also sent to Amex.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:50 am

Sorry I misunderstood.

With that said, I cannot imagine that Newegg would be any different than Staples. Look at your receipt. If it is very specific on the type of purchase (gift card, for example) then I imagine this information is also sent to Amex.
not all stores send L2 data to Amex
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The AmEx BGR card has 2x or 3x on Computer categories. I just try to get a few more MR points. I may just order $25 GC to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.