Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mhdena
I will work on this on the next few days but most of the info is very old and outdated.

I have been using all of these the last 2 years and I will update what other people have started along with some tools on how to buy on multiple accounts if people want this info. This is just a quick first draft. I will clean up and add more details.

please dont .... up the work I will put into this. please message me and I can add more data and I have more buying groups that I can add
  1. Pointsmaker - pointsmaker.com - Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick same day most often via echeck once item is checked in
  2. MYS Buying Group - mysbuyinggroup.com Notifies via email . You buy and upload tracking number - Payment comes pretty quick once item is checked in echeck
    MYS has the most complaints of all, from very late payment to not receiving items. Many people have given up on MYS.
  3. USA Buying Group - usabuying.group same as others regarding loading the tracking number. slowest payment of all. alerts come via whatsapp and email and response time is medium to issues
  4. YRCW - app.yrcwtech.com same as others alertss comes via whatsapp - payments can be slow. response time to issues are pretty quick via communication thru wahtsapp to owner
  5. Buy For Me Retail - The best. buyformeretail.com deals are posted on page. offers sent thru email. payment sent ach when they are checked i
  6. EMB - embdeals.com same as above - a great one as well. alerts via whatsapp. payments can be requested same day and will arrive same day. lots of offers last amazon prime.
  7. EMB - From late 2021 through August 2022, Several reports of missing packages, more complaints than most of the other groups. Buyers Beware.
  8. TheDealBuyer - thedealbuyer.com - Seems to be very new to the game. Not using whatsapp, but Pushover to send deals.
Print Wikipost

Buying Groups

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by urgetopurge
I agree with this assessment. I gave it a try but after seeing how many packages BFMR and others lost, I had to stop. BFMR loses amazon packages SO OFTEN. Like 5-10% often. I literally lost money. And they offer no recourse with little to no customer support. They ghost you. So many datapoints of this. Same with other groups like EMB and maxout.

Whats even worse is that the retailers ban your accounts and can link them to your main account. Target did this for me. My partner was very upset that she couldn't shop online at target anymore. Best buy as well.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Dropshipping is way too risky and one order of 3x macbooks lost can cost you $4k+.
I did good volume with Maxoutdeals but never lost a package till now.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta, AA
Hi everyone, quick question: I am currently in the process of applying for a Sellers permit in CA to be able to buy products for Buying Groups in stores without having to pay tax.

On the CDTFA website, I am asked to choose an NAICS Code.

I was thinking of choosing 454110 - Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses, but - for some reason - am unable to...

Any idea why? Any other suggestion as far as NAICS Code I could choose?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mileagemaker28462
If anyone needs any assistance with BuyingGroup'.com let me know happy to help with anything and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Stick to top three groups BG, EMB, BFMR. There will be no rug pulls especially with the BG package policy our members don't lose when they send to us like they deal with others. while other groups may tell there members they have a policy and there members chase them for the money our claims take 2-4 weeks to be paid for any loss packages or missing items. our missing and loss rate is super low at the moment and we are super happy with it.
My #1 question is how do you consistently get online retailers like AZ, BB, and other top merchants to NOT cancel your order when the "ship-to" address is a BG warehouse? I hear many stories of online accounts getting shutdown or orders being cancelled because they refuse to direct ship from the retailer to the BG warehouse location.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:39 am

if you live close by to non sales tax state, or have box there it makes a bit easier I usually do a drop off when I'm in PNW, also you can do your own retail arb through sneakers, ....it's about what you enjoy the most arbing, buying or points, x y z find what you're likely to enjoy and it's not a grind
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:42 am

Small claims court

Has anyone taken any of the groups to small claims court over missing packages that Amazon shows as delivered and won't refund?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:43 am

I doubt any of us has any legal recourse. We are basically buying stuff for strangers for a pinky promise to be paid back.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Justin Volzer
Has anyone taken any of the groups to small claims court over missing packages that Amazon shows as delivered and won't refund?
Just the cost of doing business with companies that swim in the gray market.

If ya can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen, or in other words, make certain that your benefits accrued from the exercise exceed your risk of capital loss
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:27 am

I had one for a while, it doesn't matter as long as you file very quarter with the state
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:54 am

I know this isn't really the best thread for this, but I haven't found a better one to post this in. Does anyone have any DPs on whether multiple Dell.com accounts under same info work? I have one account working to ship to a private tax-free address. I'm wondering if they're like Amazon in the sense that they allow up to 3 accounts under same info before you get into hot water with them.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by egzactly
I know this isn't really the best thread for this, but I haven't found a better one to post this in. Does anyone have any DPs on whether multiple Dell.com accounts under same info work? I have one account working to ship to a private tax-free address. I'm wondering if they're like Amazon in the sense that they allow up to 3 accounts under same info before you get into hot water with them.
Yes, I have a data point. Dell is awful at this. Dell can't tell the difference between two or more Dell accounts with the same mailing address and will use whichever recipient they feel like or whichever one comes up first for the address regardless of the account used.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:18 pm

Anyone have their Amazon account/s auto cancel orders to buying groups? Happening with me - I initially thought this was only for Apple devices but even Roku orders not going through. Wondering if anyone has gone through this and if it is a permanent ban or just some cooling period required?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
I did good volume with Maxoutdeals but never lost a package till now.
BFMR is worst when it comes to missing packages and they will "miss" packages once you start doing little more volume. I have stopped sending any higher priced item to them as i have been burned by them 2 times already.
blitzkrieg86 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:29 am

Buyinggroup.com

Does anyone have experience with Buyinggroup.com (located in Oregon)? This one is not mentioned in the Wiki --- I believe this is not MYS Buying Group or USA Buying Group.
I have not used them ... only used Buy For Me Retail and Deal and Runner.

Thanks ... Jack
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:01 am

I am replying to my own email --- so more research online. This appears to be the same group (Mark Mann) of thedealbuyer.com. I saw one or two reports that say "this is a scam" -- and there were problems with Thedealbuyer and they basically created a new identity and website. Not sure this is true or not -- I have no experience with Thedealbuyer or buying group.com.

Jack
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Marathonjack
I am replying to my own email --- so more research online. This appears to be the same group (Mark Mann) of thedealbuyer.com. I saw one or two reports that say "this is a scam" -- and there were problems with Thedealbuyer and they basically created a new identity and website. Not sure this is true or not -- I have no experience with Thedealbuyer or buying group.com.

Jack
Yes its same as previously known thedealbuyer.com. I never had issue with this group. Also unlike BFMR they actually have insurance in place for missed packages signed by their employees. I have personally got paid (took 45 days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.