Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
Signing up to buy $1000 visa/mc gift cards
You can buy the $1000 cards on Simon's volume site. Their regular site only sells $500 cards.
If you're new, or haven't bought anything in a year, you need to register at https://www.simon.com/volume/register-consumer
As part of the registration process, you will have to go to a brick and mortar mall and buy at least $3000 in cards in person, as well as filling out some paperwork while there. After that, you can do everything online.

As of Nov 2020, Simon Mall Gift cards will only work for $99/swipe for money services at Walmart and many grocery chains.

$1000 gift cards are available indefinitely.

2020 Promotions

Ongoing: FREEGROUND - Free Ground Shipping on any order size. Limited to 5 orders per customer. Expires December 31, 2020 (subject to change).

5/15-6/17: MDHOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 9 more cards
5/15/5/31: MAYGROUND - Free UPS Ground shipping on orders of 7 or more cards
5/15-6/31: MAY20VG10 - 10% off purchase fees on Visa Giftcards
6/29-7/20: JUL4HOL20 - 20% off Visa Giftcard Purchase Fees + Free Ground Shipping on orders of 5 or more cards. If you select a shipping other than Ground - the code will still take 20% off the purchase fees. Limited to 10 orders per customer.
8/11-8/31: AUG20PR - 15% off ALL fees (excl. shipping fees) on orders of 5 or more cards. Limited to 10 orders per customer (Originally expired on 8/23; on 8/24 promo was extended through 8/31)
10/12-10/14: FSOCT20 - 30% off all purchase fees on Visas and Mastercards.
10/26-10/31 - FS20SCARY - 35% off all purchase fees
11/1-11/30 - HOL20MC25 - 25% off all purchase fees on MasterCard / HOL20VG25 - 25% off all purchase fees on Visa / HOL20AG50 50% off all purchase fees on American Express
11/6-11/8 - FS20THANKS - 35% off all purchase fees

11/16-11/18 - FS20SAVINGS - 35% off all purchase fees

Print Wikipost

Simon Mall Gift Cards (2019-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Not sure what you mean by "heavy financial strains" but I don't ever hold cards that I can't float. I have never had $40k in cards at one time, but have had orders of $20k arrive in a 24 hour period. I can liquidate those organically if necessary in about 40 days. Otherwise, I'm liquidating an order before the next one is placed.
This is the one you missed - I have $20k pretty regularly when they do the 50% off sales, but never have had more than that.

Originally Posted by RedSun
I do not know how you can unload $40k organically in about 1 month. But for most of people, we do not do that.

First we need to put the Simon charges on CCs. It is good to order like $10k each order. Some CC banks have problems with those volumes on a consistent basis. The same with depositing a bunches of MOs at banks. All banks now have monitoring systems for money laundering with regulation.

I know folks do things differently. Some do even more volumes, in 7 figures each year....
$40k in a month organically wouldn't work for me. I may spend that, but I'm not buying flights, meals or hotels with VGCs. I would also never need to worry since I can spend $20k in just over a month organically on VGCs if necessary.
No I did not miss anything.

I'm just referring the questions @bocastephen asked. bocastephen may be new, or maybe just a common FTer. Not any of the high-rollers or whales. His impression is that MS/MO/SGC is not easy and some say it is easy to do $40k/month or more. We all know YMMV.

I know if I want to try it, I can do $20k or $50k each month for some months. But it is not recommended to put several $10k Simon purchases on Chase card, or Cap1 or US Bank and other CCs. Also, it is not good to deposit $10k/month to a bank checking account for several months. There have been several threads on account shut-downs. Business account are even more sensitive to personal spendings.

Yes there are other ways to stretch the MS. You can be a contractor. You can be a consultant, or travel blogger and other sort of professions. But I'd advise most of the new people tread MS water carefully and care more about the financial health. Bank or account shut-downs are inevitable. That is not healthy financially. With the current low interest rate, you may be in the market for new cars or new homes. Strong credit profile is very important....

Since this is a thread on SGC, I'll be back to the topics.
Agreed. In the end the SMVGCs are the only way I'd do this. $500s that say GIFT CARD on them take too much time, effort and risk of rejection. The $1000s with my name and company that match my business card and business credit cards work for me. YMMV.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:06 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
This is the one you missed - I have $20k pretty regularly when they do the 50% off sales, but never have had more than that.

$40k in a month organically wouldn't work for me. I may spend that, but I'm not buying flights, meals or hotels with VGCs. I would also never need to worry since I can spend $20k in just over a month organically on VGCs if necessary.

Agreed. In the end the SMVGCs are the only way I'd do this. $500s that say GIFT CARD on them take too much time, effort and risk of rejection. The $1000s with my name and company that match my business card and business credit cards work for me. YMMV.
Yes, we all agree that MS is YMMV. We just should not give new people the impression that MS is easy and they can unload $40k/month easily. Maybe easy for very experienced folks. But new people can be shut down in a month or two. Then it is not good experience. Also those new people can burn all those MS places very quickly. Then trail of destructions....
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Yes, we all agree that MS is YMMV. We just should not give new people the impression that MS is easy and they can unload $40k/month easily. Maybe easy for very experienced folks. But new people can be shut down in a month or two. Then it is not good experience. Also those new people can burn all those MS places very quickly. Then trail of destructions....
Whether SMVGC or an alternative, I always suggest that people only buy what they can float/burn organically. I am lucky to have predicatable expenses and can do more. For me, SMVGCs are perfect because of the ease of liquidation and the cost per card (net cost of about $3.00 per card delivered when the 50% off sales are going).
innerspace likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
You guys make me nervous. I sometimes do $40K per week for a long time since 2015 and only my three citi accounts shut down during that period of time. I need to slow down now.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kingscross
You guys make me nervous. I sometimes do $40K per week for a long time since 2015 and only my three citi accounts shut down during that period of time. I need to slow down now.
I'm not suggesting anyone either slow down or speed up. Do what you are comfortable with and have the time for. I'd feel comfortable doing much more, but I just don't have the time when I'm on the road to do much more than I do now. I've done $60k in a month, but I've settled into $40k. When I combine that with 500k points/year in SUBs and 1 M points per year through spend, it works for me.
zornoff likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kingscross
I just do not care how much $ volume other people do. A lot people do not disclose the true $ amount and everything they do. A lot of shut-downs are not reported. Just do whatever works for your own situation. Take all the internet stuff with a grain of salt.
Prometheus77 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:33 am

50% off is back, good thru 18th
RedSun likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:22 am

Haven't done MS in past year since pandemic. Went through the post. Seems buying MO or loading in WM money center won't work for any transaction more than $99. What's the alternative way then? MO in Kroger or grocery store? Thought it was limited as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by goback211
Haven't done MS in past year since pandemic. Went through the post. Seems buying MO or loading in WM money center won't work for any transaction more than $99. What's the alternative way then? MO in Kroger or grocery store? Thought it was limited as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you go the grocery rouye,I suggest you do it slowly, its a YMMV thing nowadays. Where some chains want ca$h only or ID the cards, while others dont. Ive had stores that were never a problem all of a sudden check everything especially when they see I swiped my card and didnt input it.

In my immediate area its down to 1 store so I dont hit it that hard (thats 1 store and not 1 chain). If I take an hours drive its hit or miss on that route but by the end of the day I will have unloaded my load. Just tread lightly until you have been able to assess what its like in your neck of the woods, unless you have the means to unload 1000s of $$ of cards with reg Spend
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:41 pm

Sorry, Kroger also limits Simon gift cards. Other grocery stores may or may not work.

BTW, if you haven't used Simon in 12 months, you'll have to re-register. Current registration involves making the first purchase by going to a physical Simon Mall location. I don't know if that's a deal breaker for you.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 7:48 am

in short, be still discreet in purch of MO with SMVGCs; till cashiers know u, most new cashiers asked to see / inspect the cards

Originally Posted by craz
If you go the grocery rouye,I suggest you do it slowly, its a YMMV thing nowadays. Where some chains want ca$h only or ID the cards, while others dont. Ive had stores that were never a problem all of a sudden check everything especially when they see I swiped my card and didnt input it.

In my immediate area its down to 1 store so I dont hit it that hard (thats 1 store and not 1 chain). If I take an hours drive its hit or miss on that route but by the end of the day I will have unloaded my load. Just tread lightly until you have been able to assess what its like in your neck of the woods, unless you have the means to unload 1000s of $$ of cards with reg Spend
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:36 pm

MB is restricting one of my regional grocery chain. It's getting harder and harder. They basically want MSers to f off. Poor Simon...
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by benny08
MB is restricting one of my regional grocery chain. It's getting harder and harder. They basically want MSers to f off. Poor Simon...
which chain? Thx
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by benny08
It's one thing when little people in the shadow world are surreptitiously buying random GCs and converting them into MOs and

it's another thing when a huge national corporation is selling it's GCs in the wide open and encouraging behavior that other big corporations find at a minimum unethical or at worst illegal.

Why would anyone not find the blowback surprising
sow likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:57 pm
Suspended

When so many people in the same game, game is to be over soon....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.