Wiki Posts
Search

buying gc from bb&b using a bb&b gc?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

buying gc from bb&b using a bb&b gc?

Hey

I want to buy a Blue Apron gc from Bed Bath and Beyond using a Bed bath and beyond gc...

Is that possible?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Buying VIsa GC from BB using Happy Bride GC

Wondering if anyone tried buying Visa GC from BB using Happy Bride GC ?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:20 pm

Several years ago, when I could routinely get BBB GCs at 15% off, I was able to use them to buy Visa GCs with some success. However, inventory was very sporadic and success was very store by store, and within stores, cashier to cashier and manager to manager, dependent. When rates on BBB GCs went down, it was just not worth the driving and risk of rejection. In brief, I would not recommend buying any real meaningful amount of these, as your opportunity to liquidate in this manner is very risky. The new Happy Bride GCs will only focus more attention on this technique making it more likely to dry up sooner rather than later.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
Several years ago, when I could routinely get BBB GCs at 15% off, I was able to use them to buy Visa GCs with some success. However, inventory was very sporadic and success was very store by store, and within stores, cashier to cashier and manager to manager, dependent. When rates on BBB GCs went down, it was just not worth the driving and risk of rejection. In brief, I would not recommend buying any real meaningful amount of these, as your opportunity to liquidate in this manner is very risky. The new Happy Bride GCs will only focus more attention on this technique making it more likely to dry up sooner rather than later.
Also be aware that not all bb&b carry gc in store. I explored this route pretty extensively in my area. Only 1 in 3 stores carried vgc, and I was spectacularly unsuccessful. I tried to buy 3*200 with two swipes of gebit with my name printed on them (not happys). The cashier didn't know the store policies so they called over a shift manager, the shift manager didn't know so they consulted the employee guidebook on the computer in the front. Official store policy is one transaction, one gift card maximum. They are also supposed to check id to make sure it matches the card being charged. I'm guessing the shift manager called the store manager or an area manager? They called to ask about two swipes, they were told only one swipe is allowed. Unless you get a favorable cashier this isn't going to scale. Fwiw ebates in store did track at 4% so I was able to purchase one $200 for net gain, but this is not an avenue that will scale.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
Thanks for the info.. so this clearly does not make sense to try IMHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.